Maine
    UNH
    PC
    MC
    BU
    NEU
    UVM
    UMA

I'm not really sure how important league position is anymore. If you look back at last season there were only a few points separating the top six teams. This year with only 20 games instead of 27 it will probably be just as tight.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
      Saw him play at Winthrop and he was an absolute beast. Just a guess obviously, but I figure he'll get more of a chance to be a top-6 forward right away then some of the other drafted in-coming freshmen.
      You shoulda seen me play against my little sister in street hockey. I was a beast too!

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
        I don't expect Gillies not to re-enroll... That alone (enrollment) gives them at least top 4.
        Gillies will play one more year at PC.
        It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Notre Dame will win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
            Notre Dame will win it all.
            The Regular Season maybe,but UML will take the Championship in Boston.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              I'll bet the mortgage..........err, the whole house (and it's not under water) that UVM will not finish ahead of PC. You gotta be kiddin me but I like your positive outlook

PC could be the biggest surprise this year... and not in a good way.

Last season PC went 13-8-6 in HE... 7 of those wins were by 1 goal, and tack on the 6 ties. Plus both QF wins were one goal games. PC quite possibly, maybe could have ended the season at something less then 13-8-6, like 8-17-2 and/or never made it out of the QF's... They lose their top 2 centers (one being their second leading points guys), and all 3 of their captains.

A team wins 1 goal games due to strong goaltending, timely goals, AND leadership. The friars have lost their leadership, or at least their captains, never had a lot of offense... and are down to Gilles... Gilles is good but look at the goalies who had tremendous freshman seasons and then stunk it up as sophmores. There are plenty of them. If you look through the seasons, most goaltenders take a hit on their stats in year two. Some more then others, but in the case of PC it's not going to take much of a decrease in Gilles performances for them to drop to the bottom of the league.

I don't think PC ending up in 7th is any less likely then ending up 3-4th.

Here a list of some of the leagues best goaltenders and their freshman to sophmore slumps

Keiran Millan 0.921% --> -.891%
              Parker Milner 0.909% --> -.899%
              Joe Cannatta 0.918% --> -.902%
              John Muse 0.921% --> -.904%

PC can't afford for Gilles to have a slump at all...
              Last edited by jcarter7669; 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: Didn't want to offend the Great Gentry
              Originally posted by Hokydad
              Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                Last season PC went 13-8-6 in HE... 7 of those wins were by 1 goal, and tack on the 6 ties. Plus both QF wins were one goal games. PC very easily could have been 6-21 and/or never made it out of the QF's... They lose their top 2 centers (one being their second leading points guys), and all 3 of their captains.
                Do you realize how dumb of a statement this is? For a team that wins by a goal, you would have to have a -2 goal swing for them to lose? You think that this could "very easily" happen in all 7 games, and have all the ties "very easily" have been losses too? Very easily? By your logic, Vermont could very easily have been 4-23 last year.

Comment

1. Lowell
                  2. BC
                  3. PC
                  4. Notre Dame
                  5. UNH
                  6. BU
                  7. Merrimack
                  8. Northeastern
                  9. Maine
                  10. Vermont
                  11. UMass

Regular Season Champ: Lowell
                  Tournament Champ: BC
                  NCAA tournament teams: UML, BC, PC, ND
                  Player of the Year: Johnny Gaudreau (BC)
                  Rookie of the Year: Ryan Fitzgerald (BC)
                  Best Goalie: Connor Hellebuyck (UML)
                  Coach of the Year: Nate Leaman (PC)
                  Surprise team/Biggest Jump: Northeastern
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    Do you realize how dumb of a statement this is? For a team that wins by a goal, you would have to have a -2 goal swing for them to lose? You think that this could "very easily" happen in all 7 games, and have all the ties "very easily" have been losses too? Very easily? By your logic, Vermont could very easily have been 4-23 last year.
                    *****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

Oh for ****s sake, why is it that half the posters on this board can't seem to take the stick out of their asses for one minute.

Geezuz Christ, yes you are right. They would have to technically have had to not score 20 more goals for them to end at 6-21. And hey, not scoring 20 goals wouldn't be "very easy." Its an off-season predictions thread. Its a post to illustrate that PC could finish well, but they also have a huge downside and could end up at the bottom. If you take it that seriously, go get your self some lexapro and chill out ...

You know what, just for you I'm going to go edit that post to reflect that it just may have been possible that they possibly could have gone 8-17-2. Hows that....

And yes, Vermont very easily could have been 4-23 last year. Frankly I'm surprised they weren't.
                    Last edited by jcarter7669; 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      *****http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/images/smilies/ohno.gif******

Oh for ****s sake, why is it that half the posters on this board can't seem to take the stick out of their asses for one minute.

Geezuz Christ, yes you are right. They would have to technically have had to not score 20 more goals for them to end at 6-21. And hey, not scoring 20 goals wouldn't be "very easy." Its an off-season predictions thread. Its a post to illustrate that PC could finish well, but they also have a huge downside and could end up at the bottom. If you take it that seriously, go get your self some lexapro and chill out ...

You know what, just for you I'm going to go edit that post to reflect that it just may have been possible that they possibly could have gone 8-17-2. Hows that....

And yes, Vermont very easily could have been 4-23 last year. Frankly I'm surprised they weren't.
                      PC also has all their freshmen a year older who should score more goals and the young defensemen will be even better. Losing Harvey is a blessing, Schaller is a loss an Kyle Murphy is a loss in the leadership position but gave them zero offense last year.
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I want UVM to be better so we can have JCarter around more like we did when the green cats were actually relevant . It's way more fun. Anyway, the only difference between Gilles and those other four you mentioned JCarter is that he is light years better than all of them

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          PC also has all their freshmen a year older who should score more goals and the young defensemen will be even better. Losing Harvey is a blessing, Schaller is a loss an Kyle Murphy is a loss in the leadership position but gave them zero offense last year.
                          I believe they accounted for a few game winning goals in that set of 1 goal games. Leaders score when needed, not always a lot.

Anywho...Say Gilles, has a slump like nearly every other sophmore tender... Does PC have the offensive fire power to pick up the slack...

Its my opinion and prediction they do not. And that is why I don't believe they will finish in the top 4 this year. I maybe wrong, who knows. Time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            Anyway, the only difference between Gilles and those other four you mentioned JCarter is that he is light years better than all of them
                            That means he will have an even more epic slump ???

Comment

Nick Ellis is a good goaltender - he can spare Gillies if he has a slump - which I believe he will NOT.

Secondly, Providence's talent pool is increasing and some of those younger forwards are getting older and more experienced. Expect Jankowski to have a good year.
                              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Nick Ellis is a good goaltender - he can spare Gillies if he has a slump - which I believe he will NOT.
                                Kieran Millan had a capable back up his sophmore year... BU still went from winning 35 games the previous year to 18 the year of his slump... Obviously PC isn't the same team, PC doesn't have Jack Parker behind the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X