Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East Summer Predictions

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Clay Witt the senior, who last year had a 4.86 GAA to go along with a career 2.97 GAA will be the starter? Clay Witt who has started 6 games in 3 seasons is going to be the starter... I'm going to disagree here. Madigan will bring in a freshman to man the net, if he doesn't he should be fired or chased out of the arena with flaming pitch forks...

This is from a NU website article dated 2 days ago...
    "The Huskies look to fill 12 gaps from the 2012-13 roster, including the departures of six seniors (Drew Ellement, Garrett Vermeersch, Steve Morra, Chris Rawlings, Vinny Saponari and Robbie Vrolyk). Cam Darcy and Joseph Manno left the university mid-season to pursue alternative opportunities while Dan Cornell, Jake Hoefler and Ben Oskroba will not return to this year's club. Karlsson will not return after signing a professional contract with Ottawa in late July

I don't think so...
    I highly doubt Derick Roy starts (sophomore anyway). Little to no chance. It'll be Mountain or Witt. 6 games is too small a sample size to judge. There is no freshman on the roster, so....

Missed a few seniors and forgot about Manno and Darcy. My mistake. But Manno and Darcy as far as I'm concerned, weren't really part of the season roster anyway. Cornell, Hoefler and Oskroba were cut.

It will be a freshman-laden team though, you're correct there.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
      I highly doubt Derick Roy starts (sophomore anyway). Little to no chance. It'll be Mountain or Witt. 6 games is too small a sample size to judge. There is no freshman on the roster, so....
      Mountain has played 4 years... is he a 5th year senior for the 2013 season? Did he red shirt his sophmore season? I assumed he was gone and it would be Roy or Witt or an incoming Freshman.... and my bet was on the freshman. If Mountain is still around I think it's his job... afterall last year he did play in roughly 12X the games Witt did.

Regardless, It doesn't change where NU ends up on my predictions list
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Regular Season Champion: Lowell
        Hockey East Tournament Champion: Lowell
        NCAA Tournament Teams: BC, Lowell, Providence
        Coach of the Year: Bazin

Standings:
        1) Lowell
        2) BC
        3) Providence
        4) UNH
        5) Notre Dame
        6) Merrimack
        7) BU
        8) Maine
        9) Vermont
        10) Northeastern
        11) UMass-Amherst
        UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Mountain has played 4 years... is he a 5th year senior for the 2013 season? Did he red shirt his sophmore season? I assumed he was gone and it would be Roy or Witt or an incoming Freshman.... and my bet was on the freshman. If Mountain is still around I think it's his job... afterall last year he did play in roughly 12X the games Witt did.

Regardless, It doesn't change where NU ends up on my predictions list
          My argument was never that they wouldn't be a bottom-dwelling team. Mountain played in 12x more because Witt got hurt and red-shirted. Otherwise, would've been a different story.
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

UML : Lose little offensively and return Hellebuyck... ? is how hard does the soph slump hit... is it Muse bad (2.2 -> 2.72GAA) or Millan bad (1.94 -> 3.15 GAA)
            This is my worry as well. If he has a tough year, Lowell will wind up in the 5-8 range. If he's as he was last year, Lowell will be fighting at the top.

Of course, if he has a good year, he might be gone next season ...

Lowell only lost 3 seniors (2 who really played) and of course, all-world (to us) defenseman Chad Ruhwedel. The recruiting class, outside Evan Campbell (5th round draft pick) doesn't have anyone that stands out, but should be a solid group of players (Kapla on D and forward Joe Gambardella should be interesting). What Lowell fans should be happy about is that the recruits for the next few years look very good (not at the BC/BU/Minn level obviously).
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Clay Witt the senior, who last year had a 4.86 GAA to go along with a career 2.97 GAA will be the starter? Clay Witt who has started 6 games in 3 seasons is going to be the starter... I'm going to disagree here. Madigan will bring in a freshman to man the net, if he doesn't he should be fired or chased out of the arena with flaming pitch forks...
              IMO, Witt is a lot better than his GAA implies. Because Cro and the Madigan gave Rawlings more time than he meritted, Witt made quite a few appearances in "mop up" duty after Rawlings had let the game get away from him and the defense was back on its heels. If he gave up a goal in a 12 minute appearance, it equates to a 5.00 GAA. It was easy to wreck his avg. that way. Derrick Roy is a Red shirt freshman. He is the mystery man. He was a decent goalie in the EJHL and has had a year to practice against D1 talent and, hopefully, to improve his game. That's why Madigan brought in no goalie to go with 3 D's and 8 F's.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                Standings:
                1) Lowell
                2) BC
                3) Providence
                4) UNH
                5) Notre Dame
                6) Merrimack
                7) BU
                8) Maine
                9) Vermont
                10) Northeastern
                11) UMass-Amherst
                bu finishes 7th.... let's just say quinn better rent and not purchase
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  You're already sandbagging and it's still summah?

Comment

I don't know where Maine will finish but I'll guarantee the Timmay soft team that you've seen the last few years isn't what you are going to see this year
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      BU could take their lumps this year, with a very thin defense. But I'm confident they won't fall THAT far. Goaltending should be solid, and they should be decent at forward. Then when the other Jack shows up in 2014, we should be a force.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Reg.Season:Notre Dame - Post Season:UML - NCAA Teams:Notre Dame/Providence/Boston College/UMass-Lowell - COTY:Leaman PC - ROTY: Thacher Demko;Goaltender BC -Top Goaltender Gilles Providence - POTY:Gilles Providence - Surprise Team:Maine

Comment

I don't think so...
                          Gaudreau as a freshman had 21 G and 23 A for 44 points in 44 games on a team good enough to win 19 in a row, a loaded team with a top-notch powerplay. Roy as a freshman had 17 G and 17 A for 34 points in 29 games for a team literally devoid of offensive talent with an abysmal PP, without the best coach possibly in college hockey history. Again, put Roy with Mullane and Whitney, he easily breaks 40 points which he could've hit regardless had he not missed 5 games to injury this year. For 75% of the season, everyone knew Roy was the only real offensive threat Northeastern had. I'd still take Gaudreau, don't misquote me, but offensively, talent-wise they are not far off from each other.
                          Last edited by SkinsFan09; 08-12-2013, 08:06 AM.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

How will BU survive now that uber-disciplinarian Jack Parker is gone? The whole team is gonna get arrested now.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

A BU player leaves before the 2nd half of the season

Comment

Mike Matheson takes 4 game misconducts and is still not disciplined by Jerry
                                GO BU

Comment

Working...
                                X