X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Welcome aboard.
    Hey thanks! This seems like a great place for fans to share their thoughts, distribute rumors, reflect on fun times at the Gut. Way to go Burlington Free Press! Curious, has the Vermont coaching staff established a policy of not commenting on players? I remember not that long ago Sneddon would give a one liner on what he expected from rookies and how returning players would be expected to contribute. Seems like it's just the facts published now. Less fun but more professional I suppose.

Will Hoffman change up his helmet this year? http://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swi...h-hockey-mask/

Comment

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
      Way to go Burlington Free Press!
      The Burlington Free Press has nothing to do with this site.

Originally posted by Jayden_Stoff View Post
      Will Hoffman change up his helmet this year? http://tasteofcountry.com/taylor-swi...h-hockey-mask/
      *** is that?
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Saw pics from the cancer walk the team took part in last week, Fallon was in a walking-cast-thing. Anyone have an injury scoop? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by h00sierpuck View Post
          Saw pics from the cancer walk the team took part in last week, Fallon was in a walking-cast-thing. Anyone have an injury scoop? Thx.
          That would be a huge loss to start he season...

A better note... new recruit for 2014 ala Ted Ryan.

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...es-uvm-hockey/

Comment

Less then 2 weeks until exhibition games...

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....evin-rooney-pc

Some injury info. on Jake Fallon and two other Hockey East players. From what I gather, it's a left foot injury suffered at the very beginning of the month.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Less then 2 weeks until exhibition games...
                I asked Jake last week and he said he thought he'd possibly be ready for the exhibition games. The wise thing would be to not rush it and be sure he is ready for "real" games. Let the newbies be tested during exhibtion. We need Jake's great talent at 100% so why risk it.

On a side note, it just frosts me that the season ticket holders support the team financially year in and year out and still get no breaks on tickets. Then on top of all that full price for "exhibtion" games. It just seems greedy. I know it is supply and demand, but.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
                  I asked Jake last week and he said he thought he'd possibly be ready for the exhibition games. The wise thing would be to not rush it and be sure he is ready for "real" games. Let the newbies be tested during exhibtion. We need Jake's great talent at 100% so why risk it.

On a side note, it just frosts me that the season ticket holders support the team financially year in and year out and still get no breaks on tickets. Then on top of all that full price for "exhibtion" games. It just seems greedy. I know it is supply and demand, but.....
                  I agree on both accounts, no reason for Jake to be on the ice for the exhibition games unless he is sure he's 100%. He is needed 100% of the season, and it would be terrible hit to have him aggravate something and miss "real" games.

It is really too bad there isn't more done for season ticket holders, I read on here teams with $6 tickets for the exhibition games and yet its costing me $20 or $22 or whatever it is this year. What's worse is mid season when they are offering "specials" for $10-15 / ticket... no reimbursment for the season ticket holder

I guess free popcorn when you buy the special is something though...

Comment

UVM 9th in the coaches poll, ahead of NU, UMA and just behind ME.

It's about right, thankfully these polls are never very accurate.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....e-northeastern

Figured some UVM fans might be interested to read what Kevin Sneddon said yesterday regarding the goaltending position.

Comment

Not looking to good on the recruits. I thought from the buzz on here that we had a decent recruiting class, but at least one opinion doesn't agree.
                        Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                        National Champions 1992, 2001
                        21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                        National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                        Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                          Not looking to good on the recruits. I thought from the buzz on here that we had a decent recruiting class, but at least one opinion doesn't agree.
                          I think we have a good recruiting class.

We got nixed in one person's opinion because Puskarich and Shaw are 21 years old. Whereas for example NU has two 19 year olds, and a 21 year old. So they get to be #3 and part of the "top tier" and UVM is relegated to 10th.

Also, despite having the 3rd best class NU was still picked by the coaches to finish dead last. So the coaches certainly don' t believe they got a BCesque recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                            http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....e-northeastern

Figured some UVM fans might be interested to read what Kevin Sneddon said yesterday regarding the goaltending position.
                            Thanks for the info. Not surprising though... His numbers are amazing for a league that produces insane offensive numbers and Hoffman was good but not great.

Comment

I think we have a good recruiting class.

We got nixed in one person's opinion because Puskarich and Shaw are 21 years old. Whereas for example NU has two 19 year olds, and a 21 year old. So they get to be #3 and part of the "top tier" and UVM is relegated to 10th.

Also, despite having the 3rd best class NU was still picked by the coaches to finish dead last. So the coaches certainly don' t believe they got a BCesque recruiting class.
                              Northeastern was picked dead last by the coaches because they have serious goaltending issues. I think a lot of the HE coaches would tell you NU had a good recruiting class, but all the offense in the world can't stop pucks going in their own net.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                                Northeastern was picked dead last by the coaches because they have serious goaltending issues. I think a lot of the HE coaches would tell you NU had a good recruiting class, but all the offense in the world can't stop pucks going in their own net.
                                No but it would move them up over UMass (terrible on 2012/2013 with the worst ranked recruiting class) don't you think... or maybe even UVM who had terrible numbers a year ago and a 10/11 ranked recruiting class? Since NU is still ranked dead last, I don't think the coaches are all that high on whose coming in.

Comment

Working...
                                X