X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....-kevin-sneddon

Story on Faust leaving with some re-hash on previous transfers/departures this summer and some info on two new goalies.
    Was Doerring injured last season? Is that a significant loss or was he not panning out? I don't recall his play 2 seasons ago. The whole Faust episode is just strange. Was it a recruiting mistake or did something go wrong between Sneddon and him i.e. behavior or academics etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
      Was Doerring injured last season? Is that a significant loss or was he not panning out? I don't recall his play 2 seasons ago. The whole Faust episode is just strange. Was it a recruiting mistake or did something go wrong between Sneddon and him i.e. behavior or academics etc.?
      A little hard to tell on Doerring. He was injured as reported by Ted and had season ending surgery. I thought he played real well as a freshman especially at the end of the season. He skates very well but needed to put on bulk from what I saw. Ohio State is a up and coming quality program so they must see something. I think anytime you start shuffling the deck this much something gets lost. I think Faust is a loss especially with one year under his belt but winning the goal tending award in the Bchl is a big deal since its such a score at will league so my guess is this kid is pretty good.

Comment

Nothing to do with academics. Pure numbers issue. Faust isn't as good as Hoffman or Santaguida.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Nothing to do with academics. Pure numbers issue. Faust isn't as good as Hoffman or Santaguida.
          Not my point. Santaguida was not on the team last year. My point was why was a scholarship wasted on Faust by the staff? Clearly either a scouting error or something went wrong during the season as there were many opportunities for Faust to play when Hoffman or the team around him was not playing well and a goalie change should have occurred.

Comment

Not my point. Santaguida was not on the team last year. My point was why was a scholarship wasted on Faust by the staff? Clearly either a scouting error or something went wrong during the season as there were many opportunities for Faust to play when Hoffman or the team around him was not playing well and a goalie change should have occurred.
            Faust didn't receive a full ride. He paid to go to UVM last year.

Comment

So essentially there were 2 third string goalies last season.. wow, that's some good planning.

Comment

That's still not the point...
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

New Athletics website layout... not sure about it personally. Regardless, looking at the 'story lines' link, the lines from game 36 last year are interesting in that the top 3 lines can stay exactly the same. And the D needs to only replace Franzon.

The team lost next to nothing last season... sadly that means the same team that scored 82 goals last year returns everyone...

Comment

Grand Forks Herald beat writer Brad Schlossman reporting North Dakota F/D Dan Senkbeil is transferring to Vermont. Played two seasons for UND. Will sit out 13-14 and have two years left after that.

Comment

I think Jim saw the writing on the wall concerning his future playing time at UND due to incoming talent... Best of luck to him at Vermont. Everything I heard he was a well-liked teammate.

Comment

Any word on if he is going to make a difference on UVM's team?
                        Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                        National Champions 1992, 2001
                        21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                        National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                        Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                          He won't play until 14-15

Comment

He won't be an offensive star, especially since it sounds like he is switching back to playing D. However, he's a well-liked guy by both the players and the fan-base. Good character kid who was brought in late his freshman year. He earned his ice-time and was a consistent bottom liner who showed some decent grinding ability. He was going to be one of the odd men out this season and especially next year when a loaded class comes in. I, like probably all Sioux fans, wish him luck at Vermont. It will be nice for him to play his former teammates when UND plays UVM.

Comment

Has a goal and 4 assists in 49 games... he's not going to have an impact offensively. But he has seen decent game time at UND despite the lack of offensive production so I have to imagine the he is solid defensively.

Comment

Grand Forks Herald beat writer Brad Schlossman reporting North Dakota F/D Dan Senkbeil is transferring to Vermont. Played two seasons for UND. Will sit out 13-14 and have two years left after that.
                                Well we need Left shot D but the last UND transfer didn't exactly pan out. He played forward in North Dakota most of his career. What I can remember of him is that he is Big and not the swiftest of feet but that should fit in well with Sneddons style. He played for Curtis Carr in Youngstown so Merrimack must have taken a pass. I think the recycle game is something we should get away from.
                                Last edited by catmandoo; 08-27-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X