X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boblav1
    replied
    Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Incoming recruit Brad Ryan has elected not to attend the University of Vermont.

Leave a comment:

• catmandoo
    replied

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
    Jim was moved to forward due to a string of injuries at UND... This gave him the chance to a) get much more ice time than he normally would have at UND's program and b) prove to himself that he could be a versatile, everyday player at the D1 level. Again, with the talent coming in this year and next at UND he must have known that his time on the ice was going to be severely cut down. I'm sure this didn't sit too well with him and I don't blame him for moving on. I forget if he is able to practice with the team or not this year but fully expect Senkbeil to be able to contribute to Vermont's program from day one next year.

Anybody can contribute at UVM right now...we will take anyone that can stand up and shoot because they might be able to score.

Leave a comment:

• vizoroo
    replied

Maybe Dan transferred because all the Nodaks called him Jim.

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

Jim was moved to forward due to a string of injuries at UND... This gave him the chance to a) get much more ice time than he normally would have at UND's program and b) prove to himself that he could be a versatile, everyday player at the D1 level. Again, with the talent coming in this year and next at UND he must have known that his time on the ice was going to be severely cut down. I'm sure this didn't sit too well with him and I don't blame him for moving on. I forget if he is able to practice with the team or not this year but fully expect Senkbeil to be able to contribute to Vermont's program from day one next year.

Leave a comment:

• catmandoo
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Grand Forks Herald beat writer Brad Schlossman reporting North Dakota F/D Dan Senkbeil is transferring to Vermont. Played two seasons for UND. Will sit out 13-14 and have two years left after that.
    Well we need Left shot D but the last UND transfer didn't exactly pan out. He played forward in North Dakota most of his career. What I can remember of him is that he is Big and not the swiftest of feet but that should fit in well with Sneddons style. He played for Curtis Carr in Youngstown so Merrimack must have taken a pass. I think the recycle game is something we should get away from.
    Last edited by catmandoo; 08-27-2013, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
    Any word on if he is going to make a difference on UVM's team?
    Has a goal and 4 assists in 49 games... he's not going to have an impact offensively. But he has seen decent game time at UND despite the lack of offensive production so I have to imagine the he is solid defensively.

Leave a comment:

• cF[Authentic]
    replied

He won't be an offensive star, especially since it sounds like he is switching back to playing D. However, he's a well-liked guy by both the players and the fan-base. Good character kid who was brought in late his freshman year. He earned his ice-time and was a consistent bottom liner who showed some decent grinding ability. He was going to be one of the odd men out this season and especially next year when a loaded class comes in. I, like probably all Sioux fans, wish him luck at Vermont. It will be nice for him to play his former teammates when UND plays UVM.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied
    He won't play until 14-15

Leave a comment:

• VermontfaninNY
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willythekid
    replied

I think Jim saw the writing on the wall concerning his future playing time at UND due to incoming talent... Best of luck to him at Vermont. Everything I heard he was a well-liked teammate.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

Grand Forks Herald beat writer Brad Schlossman reporting North Dakota F/D Dan Senkbeil is transferring to Vermont. Played two seasons for UND. Will sit out 13-14 and have two years left after that.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

New Athletics website layout... not sure about it personally. Regardless, looking at the 'story lines' link, the lines from game 36 last year are interesting in that the top 3 lines can stay exactly the same. And the D needs to only replace Franzon.

The team lost next to nothing last season... sadly that means the same team that scored 82 goals last year returns everyone...

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Faust didn't receive a full ride. He paid to go to UVM last year.
    That's still not the point...

Leave a comment:

• VTinNY
    replied

So essentially there were 2 third string goalies last season.. wow, that's some good planning.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
    Not my point. Santaguida was not on the team last year. My point was why was a scholarship wasted on Faust by the staff? Clearly either a scouting error or something went wrong during the season as there were many opportunities for Faust to play when Hoffman or the team around him was not playing well and a goalie change should have occurred.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X