• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catmandoo
    replied
    Re: UVM Offseason Thread- Summer 2013

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    I think you will find that several of the forwards will see significant ice time and also make significant contributions. Look, Sneddon didn't bring in 10-11 skaters to fill 4 spots. He brought in 10-11 skaters to fill 7-8 spots. Those that do not produce will find the bench in favor of someone else that is going to work hard for their ice time. I see it as a change in mentality that was missing, either you work hard, dig for pucks, and block shots or you ride the pine and one of the other guys will dig for pucks, blocks shots, and work hard. There are 3-4 forwards that could see regular ice time and 2 that will likely be regulars in the line up. And Santaguida will push Hoffman. Either Hoffman worked hard over the summer to improve, or he's going to end up a la Mike Spillane.
    I think you are correct in your assessment of what Sneddon TRYING to do. My point is that if 7-8 of these forwards are playing regular time, we wont be alot better. No disrespect to the incoming freshman players but I am suspect on overage late commits but I hope I am proven wrong.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Sneddon's interview at HE Media Day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_JqtzTMR7M

Nothing really new or special in here.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
    Only one of them will be a major contributor and at least its in the most important spot.
    I think you will find that several of the forwards will see significant ice time and also make significant contributions. Look, Sneddon didn't bring in 10-11 skaters to fill 4 spots. He brought in 10-11 skaters to fill 7-8 spots. Those that do not produce will find the bench in favor of someone else that is going to work hard for their ice time. I see it as a change in mentality that was missing, either you work hard, dig for pucks, and block shots or you ride the pine and one of the other guys will dig for pucks, blocks shots, and work hard. There are 3-4 forwards that could see regular ice time and 2 that will likely be regulars in the line up. And Santaguida will push Hoffman. Either Hoffman worked hard over the summer to improve, or he's going to end up a la Mike Spillane.

Leave a comment:

• catmandoo
    replied

No but it would move them up over UMass (terrible on 2012/2013 with the worst ranked recruiting class) don't you think... or maybe even UVM who had terrible numbers a year ago and a 10/11 ranked recruiting class? Since NU is still ranked dead last, I don't think the coaches are all that high on whose coming in.
    As I have been saying bottom line is that the recruits we have were late commits for a reason. Sneddon will learn someday that the grass is not always greener. Only one of them will be a major contributor and at least its in the most important spot.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Northeastern was picked dead last by the coaches because they have serious goaltending issues. I think a lot of the HE coaches would tell you NU had a good recruiting class, but all the offense in the world can't stop pucks going in their own net.
    No but it would move them up over UMass (terrible on 2012/2013 with the worst ranked recruiting class) don't you think... or maybe even UVM who had terrible numbers a year ago and a 10/11 ranked recruiting class? Since NU is still ranked dead last, I don't think the coaches are all that high on whose coming in.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

I think we have a good recruiting class.

We got nixed in one person's opinion because Puskarich and Shaw are 21 years old. Whereas for example NU has two 19 year olds, and a 21 year old. So they get to be #3 and part of the "top tier" and UVM is relegated to 10th.

Also, despite having the 3rd best class NU was still picked by the coaches to finish dead last. So the coaches certainly don' t believe they got a BCesque recruiting class.
    Northeastern was picked dead last by the coaches because they have serious goaltending issues. I think a lot of the HE coaches would tell you NU had a good recruiting class, but all the offense in the world can't stop pucks going in their own net.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....e-northeastern

Figured some UVM fans might be interested to read what Kevin Sneddon said yesterday regarding the goaltending position.
    Thanks for the info. Not surprising though... His numbers are amazing for a league that produces insane offensive numbers and Hoffman was good but not great.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
    Not looking to good on the recruits. I thought from the buzz on here that we had a decent recruiting class, but at least one opinion doesn't agree.
    I think we have a good recruiting class.

We got nixed in one person's opinion because Puskarich and Shaw are 21 years old. Whereas for example NU has two 19 year olds, and a 21 year old. So they get to be #3 and part of the "top tier" and UVM is relegated to 10th.

Also, despite having the 3rd best class NU was still picked by the coaches to finish dead last. So the coaches certainly don' t believe they got a BCesque recruiting class.

Leave a comment:

• VermontfaninNY
    replied

Not looking to good on the recruits. I thought from the buzz on here that we had a decent recruiting class, but at least one opinion doesn't agree.

Leave a comment:

replied

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....e-northeastern

Figured some UVM fans might be interested to read what Kevin Sneddon said yesterday regarding the goaltending position.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

UVM 9th in the coaches poll, ahead of NU, UMA and just behind ME.

It's about right, thankfully these polls are never very accurate.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Originally posted by Vermont Ref View Post
    I asked Jake last week and he said he thought he'd possibly be ready for the exhibition games. The wise thing would be to not rush it and be sure he is ready for "real" games. Let the newbies be tested during exhibtion. We need Jake's great talent at 100% so why risk it.

On a side note, it just frosts me that the season ticket holders support the team financially year in and year out and still get no breaks on tickets. Then on top of all that full price for "exhibtion" games. It just seems greedy. I know it is supply and demand, but.....
    I agree on both accounts, no reason for Jake to be on the ice for the exhibition games unless he is sure he's 100%. He is needed 100% of the season, and it would be terrible hit to have him aggravate something and miss "real" games.

It is really too bad there isn't more done for season ticket holders, I read on here teams with $6 tickets for the exhibition games and yet its costing me $20 or $22 or whatever it is this year. What's worse is mid season when they are offering "specials" for $10-15 / ticket... no reimbursment for the season ticket holder

I guess free popcorn when you buy the special is something though...

Leave a comment:

• Vermont Ref
    replied

Less then 2 weeks until exhibition games...
    I asked Jake last week and he said he thought he'd possibly be ready for the exhibition games. The wise thing would be to not rush it and be sure he is ready for "real" games. Let the newbies be tested during exhibtion. We need Jake's great talent at 100% so why risk it.

On a side note, it just frosts me that the season ticket holders support the team financially year in and year out and still get no breaks on tickets. Then on top of all that full price for "exhibtion" games. It just seems greedy. I know it is supply and demand, but.....

Leave a comment:

replied

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....evin-rooney-pc

Some injury info. on Jake Fallon and two other Hockey East players. From what I gather, it's a left foot injury suffered at the very beginning of the month.

Leave a comment:

• jcarter7669
    replied

Less then 2 weeks until exhibition games...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X