"The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
      Tom Serratore

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVI

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Nationally:
        #4 Power Play
        #1 Penalty KIll
        This is incredible. If they can keep this up, and Brittain can keep being ridiculous, they may prove my pessimism wrong!

Comment

Before I forget, the RPI faithfuls have started a game thread: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...r-Asst-Coaches

Old Pio, are you and Dr D going to discuss movie trivia or...???

Back to Miami--a few weeks ago I would have been elated with a split, but my expectations after Friday's win were higher. Friday neither Barber or Czarnik scored a goal: Saturday they both did. As Monty said, it is hard to play against 2 All Americans.

The disallowed goal and the loss of the advantage of the 5 minute major by "too many men" (really boys you can use your fingers to count to 5. Don't even worry about Sam in goal.) And they did it again later which was one of the penalties I believe the announcer missed entirely. I know we joke abut Jay but at least he will go back and mention what the penalty was if he missed it and he keeps us entertained.

BTW, Nick Neville scored his first collegiate point Saturday. Congrats to Nick.

Two questions:
          1. Is anybody else surprised that Monty plays freshmen Vanvoorhis and Neville together as a defensive pair?
          2. Will we see Nolan Zajac play defense again this year? (2a. If Butcher makes the WJC, is there any other D man besides Zajac?)
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
            This is incredible. If they can keep this up, and Brittain can keep being ridiculous, they may prove my pessimism wrong!
            Even with the loss Saturday,
            Sam's stats: 1.71 GAA (3rd) .944 Sv % (4th), 3 shutouts (tied for 1st)
            PK still 1st at 91.5% and Power Play is 4th at 25 %
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Trevor Moore nominated for NCHC Rookie of the Month.
              But really, can you believe Sam Brittain with 3 Weekly awards was not nominated as Player of the Month in either October or November ?
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Just saw in the game thread that rpitv.org will be streaming the games this weekend--NO Charge!

I have watched a few of their streams and they are first class. This is a student run organization and due to finals and Christmas vacation they will not be using the usual 5 cameras. but have had to scale back to 2.
                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                X