UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting Thread, 2014 and beyond

I noticed the USHL doesn't have Mattias Goransson listed as a UML commit. He's listed as uncommitted: http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...yer.php?id=472

Can anyone confirm if he's still coming in next year? The Tri-City site, Elite Prospects, and Heisenberg doc still have him w/ Lowell, but he's also not on the College Hockey Inc list:
    http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php

Comment

Probably should start up a new thread at this point.

Anyway, defenseman Cale List (8/8/98, 6'2, 193 pounds) is the first 2017 commit for Lowell. He plays for Pembroke in the CCHL, has 8 assists in 15 games this year.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Probably should start up a new thread at this point.

Anyway, defenseman Cale List (8/8/98, 6'2, 193 pounds) is the first 2017 commit for Lowell. He plays for Pembroke in the CCHL, has 8 assists in 15 games this year.
        It's nice to see a new recruit.

Cale List, who is in his second season with the CCHL's Pembroke Lumber Kings has committed to attend the University of Massachusetts Lowell for the 2017-18 school year. The Petawawa, Ontario native has racked up 7 assists in 14 games this season, tying him for 1st among Pembroke defense in point production.

Currently 17-years old and listed at 6-2, 193 lbs, scouting reports have List as a big two-way defender who plays a physical game down low and in front of the net. He is more of a defensive defenseman at the moment but has the tools to contribute at both ends of the ice once his game fully develops.

He will join former Ottawa Jr Senators forward Ryan Collins who is currently in his sophomore season with the program.
        http://www.pointstreaksites.com/view...89/news_337001

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          I noticed the USHL doesn't have Mattias Goransson listed as a UML commit. He's listed as uncommitted: http://stats.ushl.com/ushl/ushl/en/s...yer.php?id=472

Can anyone confirm if he's still coming in next year? The Tri-City site, Elite Prospects, and Heisenberg doc still have him w/ Lowell, but he's also not on the College Hockey Inc list:
          http://collegehockeyinc.com/stats/commitments.php
          According to Mattias himself, before the season, he is still committed to Lowell. He was supposed to come in this season, but he wasn't aware of some classes he needed to take to be NCAA eligible and needed to complete that before coming to Lowell.
          Justin Soderberg
          President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
          Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
          Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
            According to Mattias himself, before the season, he is still committed to Lowell. He was supposed to come in this season, but he wasn't aware of some classes he needed to take to be NCAA eligible and needed to complete that before coming to Lowell.
            Thank you for the update!

Comment

Thank you for the update!
              What he said.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Mattias Goransson had a very good weekend. He scored 2 goals Friday including an OT game winner. He also picked up 2 assists last night and was +4 for the weekend. I wouldn't be surprised to see him named the league's defensive player of the week.

Comment

Recruit Ryan Lohin has been named captain of the Madison Capitals.

Comment

Article on recruit Mattias Goransson from last week.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Article on recruit Mattias Goransson from last week.
                      Thanks for sharing. I forgot to mention that the USHL site has updated his profile again with Lowell listed as his commitment.

It looks like he turns 21 early March. Since that's still during the USHL season, does he have to stop playing once he turns 21? I thought I had read somewhere that you can lose some NCAA eligibility in that situation.

Given that, I'm wondering if there is a chance he joins the team next semester should the issue with classes Justin mentioned get resolved.

He's definitely a player I'm looking forward to seeing.
                      Last edited by Middle Street; 11-03-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                        Thanks for sharing. I forgot to mention that the USHL site has updated his profile again with Lowell listed as his commitment.

It looks like he turns 21 early March. Since that's still during the USHL season, does he have to stop playing once he turns 21? I thought I had read somewhere that you can lose some NCAA eligibility in that situation.

Given that, I'm wondering if there is a chance he joins the team next semester should the issue with classes Justin mentioned get resolved.

He's definitely a player I'm looking forward to seeing.
                        That Marino kid sounds like a solid guy too. Maybe Harvard won't accept him (plz)
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Merrimack continues their tradition of getting big players. Picked up a '99 commit today, who's already 6'4".
                          Monty

Comment

Mattias Goransson was named USHL defensive player of the week again this week after having a 5 pt weekend. He currently leads all USHL defensemen in scoring (13 GP, 5-8-13 +5).
                            http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814

Comment

NLI early signing period for hockey starts today and remains open for a week.

Comment

Mattias Goransson was named USHL defensive player of the week again this week after having a 5 pt weekend. He currently leads all USHL defensemen in scoring (13 GP, 5-8-13 +5).
                                http://www.ushl.com/news_article/sho...rer_id=1348814
                                Looks like he's going to be a good one. Wish the eligibility snafu didn't happen as it would've been great to have had him here this season.
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X