UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn 2013-2014: Let the Cavanaugh Era Begin

AIC lived up to every bit of their reputation last night. Gritty win for the Huskies. The big question, of course, is can they repeat that performance tonight? Gotta think AIC will be at least as tough or tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
      AIC lived up to every bit of their reputation last night. Gritty win for the Huskies. The big question, of course, is can they repeat that performance tonight? Gotta think AIC will be at least as tough or tougher.
      Listening on line it sure sounded like an ugly win, but they count just as much as the pretty ones. The radio guy seemed to be pretty animated about some scoreboard malfunctions. Anybody there that knows what was happening? Sounds like the Huskies last trip to the Olympia was memorable.

Comment

Playoff hockey time is here. It may not exactly be win and advance, but it might as well be. This is the phase of the regular season that will set the team up for success (or lack thereof) in the tournament. Nicely done tonight, Huskies. This is starting to feel even better than last year.

Comment

Thought the team worked hard for this win. Although ugly and they hung on at the end, a sweep is a sweep.

With all of the travel and distractions, they need at least 2 points this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by UConnHuskies View Post
            Thought the team worked hard for this win. Although ugly and they hung on at the end, a sweep is a sweep.

With all of the travel and distractions, they need at least 2 points this weekend.
            Former travel partner in the ECAC East where every game with them was a war. Just about every game with AIC has been ugly over the decades. Gary Wright seldom has as much talent as UConn, but he always knows how to give the Huskies a very very tough game.

I disagree on next weekend's series. If the Huskies are going to set themselves up to win the AHA tournament, they need at least three points against Air Force. Very hard to do as history shows, but it has to be done now.

Comment

Interesting weekend coming up in league play, top 4 seeds all doing battle with each other. Love the close to playoff feel these next few weeks. Stay hot and keep RMU at bay, talk about a hot team right now.

Love the fact that Latta, Sims, and Harris all seem to be turning it on in their last career stretch run. What a great class that was huh, imagine if Schneider was still here? Scary

Comment

AIC is UConn's oldest hockey rival. They were the first varsity game UConn played when the program was created in 1960. I think that comes into play somehow when the two teams get together. It is rarely a walkover.

Comment

Congrats on your new commit. Spencer Naas from BSM high school is a speedy sniper who is fun to watch.

Comment

Dick, If you gave me 3 points right now I'd load everyone back on the plane and head back to Bradley! I think that's a tough place to play but this team has shown some guts the last 2 weeks. I'd love 4 points but a couple of ties or 1-1 wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                      Congrats on your new commit. Spencer Naas from BSM high school is a speedy sniper who is fun to watch.
                      Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Dick, If you gave me 3 points right now I'd load everyone back on the plane and head back to Bradley! I think that's a tough place to play but this team has shown some guts the last 2 weeks. I'd love 4 points but a couple of ties or 1-1 wouldn't be the end of the world either.
                        Let's see what they've got. Back to the eastern pod next weekend. Crunch time has started. This is the part of the season that everybody lives for.

Comment

Sounded like a great win last night, although losing the territorial advantage, they buried 25% of their chances.

One loss in January and momentum heading into the final stretch. Hard not to be excited for this stretch run.

Let's finish the sweep tonight boys, Go Huskies!

Comment

Sounded like a great win last night, although losing the territorial advantage, they buried 25% of their chances.

One loss in January and momentum heading into the final stretch. Hard not to be excited for this stretch run.

Let's finish the sweep tonight boys, Go Huskies!
                            What UConnHuskies just said. +1

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                              What RSTuthill said + 2

Comment

• Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                                Big move by the Uconn coaches last night starting the freshman between the pipes. Hopefully they will put him back in net tonight. Uconn will go as far as the under classmen will take them this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X