Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Ugh. We need to beat these better nonconference opponents. So far this year had been disappointing. Hope they pick it up tomorrow.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Probably gonna need to score to win...

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Ugh. We need to beat these better nonconference opponents. So far this year had been disappointing. Hope they pick it up tomorrow.
        Watched part of the game before the Gopher game started. Badgers looked good, they just ran into a hot goalie. Peterson had a good game.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Thoughts:
          It is hard to imagine that Landon is the same guy that fought the puck so much two weeks ago on Friday night. It was as great to watch him handle the puck last night as it was painful to watch him then. He really stepped up under a lot of pressure. Knowing this was his only chance this weekend, he played great and deserved to get more for his performance.

Turns out Ryan Mckay played even better. Stellar performance last night.

Jake McCabe is skating even better than last year and looks capable of an All-American season. He's jumping up on offense and at times controlling the game. While he and Frankie did get crossed up a couple of times, they handled the Miami speed rushes very well. I thought it was going to be a key for the game and those guys met the challenge.

I really like what Joe Faust is doing. He's playing very smart, getting the puck in and instead of just dumping it, or skating it deep and getting caught, he's firing it on the net. He keeps doing that and and he's going to collect a lot more points this year.

Defensively I give us a 3.5 Wisko's out of 5. Good Job.

Miami is really, really good in front of their own net. They collapse it in, block shots, and clear the puck very well. (They look like us when we're really on our game.) Thought Zengerle played pretty well, had lot's of energy but Barnes and Labate have to combine for more than 3 shots. Mersch got himself in position better as the game wore on but we were just missing getting the puck on his stick in front. Several plays that were just off by "that much". Overall I was a little disappointed we didn't get more out of the 3rd and 4th lines. They didn't play bad, but they weren't as effective at giving us an energy lift and possessing the puck down low as I anticipated they would be.

Offensively I give us 2.3 Wisko's. Not terrible but we need to establish a stronger presence in front and do the little things much better tonight.

On the bright side Kerdiles' threatening of Eaves point streak has ended so tonight Mike can unleash him with no worries.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            Watched part of the game before the Gopher game started. Badgers looked good, they just ran into a hot goalie. Peterson had a good game.
            Disagree, didn't think MU's goalie was tested much at all. And the best chances the Badgers had they either whiffed on or missed the net completely. But then again I fell asleep during a 10 minute stretch in the 2nd.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a stream online somewhere that I can catch the game on? Or a TV channel?

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
                Disagree, didn't think MU's goalie was tested much at all. And the best chances the Badgers had they either whiffed on or missed the net completely. But then again I fell asleep during a 10 minute stretch in the 2nd.
                Its been a long time since you could look at this Badger Hockey team and think they would win on the road. The lack of offense is a big issue. Surely Rumple back is a good thing but he is rusty and that will factor. Have to get the puck in the net 3 times to beat these guys tonight.

Sorry you fell asleep but thats what our offense could do to anyone last night in Oxford.

Comment

Listened on radio last night and it sure sounded to me like Miami smoked UW all night with their speed. I heard Peterson's name called out way more than any other name and that's not good. If this UW team is going to make a run at the playoff's they'll have to find a way to keep up w/BC/BU/Miami/Minnesota/Michigan's of the world and 7 games in it's getting to be enough of a sample where you can judge whether they can do it at all. Tonight and next 2 at Minnesota will be all anyone needs to go from.
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Offense is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      Offense is not a problem.

It was last night although much of that could be attributed to Miami who did a great job of back checking, picking up the trailers, clogging the middle of their zone and blocking shots.

Miami imposed their will and we failed to overcome it.

It was one of those nights where it honestly felt like we'd never score.

And... we didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        It was last night although much of that could be attributed to Miami who did a great job of back checking, picking up the trailers, clogging the middle of their zone and blocking shots.

Miami imposed their will and we failed to overcome it.

It was one of those nights where it honestly felt like we'd never score.

And... we didn't.
                        That's been our M.O. for years, along with a strong forecheck on the pk. Wisconsin was just off on a couple dangerous passes in the slot that could have changed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Listened on radio last night and it sure sounded to me like Miami smoked UW all night with their speed. I heard Peterson's name called out way more than any other name and that's not good. If this UW team is going to make a run at the playoff's they'll have to find a way to keep up w/BC/BU/Miami/Minnesota/Michigan's of the world and 7 games in it's getting to be enough of a sample where you can judge whether they can do it at all. Tonight and next 2 at Minnesota will be all anyone needs to go from.
                          It's funny you say that's the way it sounded because in watching the game, I really didn't think we had much trouble at all handling Miami's considerable speed. And I thought going in we really would. Our forecheck was pretty strong most of the time and that slowed them down, plus like I said before, a couple of our D men are really skating well. I really thought it was a well played game both ways with two goalies playing well. The one we gave up Landon really had no chance.

I think I Miami blocked about 20 shots so we need to move it more, get better shots tonight, and be stronger in front. Plus the PP has to be way better.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I only got to listen to the first 1 1/2 periods tonight...good to see UW come back for the win...maybe (hopefully) this gets the team some confidence and they can go toe to toe w/Minnesota

why was Besse a scratch?
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              I only got to listen to the first 1 1/2 periods tonight...good to see UW come back for the win...maybe (hopefully) this gets the team some confidence and they can go toe to toe w/Minnesota

why was Besse a scratch?
                              I don't think they ever lost confidence. They know what they have in that room. One game against BC on Jerry York night doesnt change that.

Besse was a coaches decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

Besse was a coaches decision.

He has not impressed so far.

Inconsistent effort from game to game and even from shift to shift at times.

Hopefully just a freshman needing to figure it out and we'll see better from him by midseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X