Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
    I don't understand why they have a deadline at all. I also don't understand why they don't have other discount packages (a "flex pack" type of thing) available for fans who want to go to several games, but not half or all of them.

Edit: To be clear, I mean a deadline this far before the beginning of the season. Once games start being played, you'd obviously have to change things. Student tickets don't have a deadline before the season starts.
    I believe that the deadline has to do with guarenteing the current ticket holders their current seat locations. They may not be able to sell season ticket packages once single game tickets are sold because if the difficulty in finding a seat that is availible for every game.

Student tickets are GA, no need to worry about if a specific seat is availible.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Almington View Post
      I believe that the deadline has to do with guarenteing the current ticket holders their current seat locations. They may not be able to sell season ticket packages once single game tickets are sold because if the difficulty in finding a seat that is availible for every game.

Student tickets are GA, no need to worry about if a specific seat is availible.
      Good point. As Badger Booster said, I doubt they'd stop anyone from buying season tickets if it's doable after the deadline for reserving your seats.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        That just seems so silly. These packs are a common thing that sports teams sell, but it's always at a discount from the single game price.
        I mentioned this awhile back. I bought one of these 'plans' this past season and of course assumed it was at least slightly cheaper than getting the same seats as singles. Not the case at all. Just another in a series of mind-boggling decisions that combine to lead to me not getting any tickets this year in all likelihood.
        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
        sigpic
        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
          WCHA championship ring video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnlPQUDU_c
          Anyone know what S.C.O.P.E.D stands for on the shirts some of the players were wearing?

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            I believe that the deadline has to do with guarenteing the current ticket holders their current seat locations.

This. After today, my tickets would be released into a pool that anyone could buy.

My Saturday seats are on the blueline in the second row of the 200s, so I wouldn't want to lose them if I was to renew.

I renewed today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              This. After today, my tickets would be released into a pool that anyone could buy.

My Saturday seats are on the blueline in the second row of the 200s, so I wouldn't want to lose them if I was to renew.

I renewed today.
              Hooray! I may have never met you in real life, but if you hadn't renewed, it would have genuinely saddened me.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Hooray! I may have never met you in real life, but if you hadn't renewed, it would have genuinely saddened me.
                Nobody has met Gurth. He's a figment-a ghost. He exists through the images he creates and that playful humor he spreads.

Too bad too, because I'll bet he would be a great guy if he did exist.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Nobody has met Gurth. He's a figment-a ghost. He exists through the images he creates and that playful humor he spreads.

Too bad too, because I'll bet he would be a great guy if he did exist.

Actually, I'm an *******. Just ask anyone who knows me... if you can find someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Actually, I'm an *******. Just ask anyone who knows me... if you can find someone.
                    More ghosts.

Comment

I'll be sure to keep my eyes out for ghosts in the 200s this season.

Comment

This is the actual letter that I received today from the athletic department asking me to re-up my tickets. Soak this in Badger Hockey fans...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/Lette_zps9842fc96.jpg******

It's not even on letterhead. It's on copy paper. It's not signed by anyone in particular.

I work in advertising/marketing and am responsible with how our company is presented to our customers and people who we'd like to be our customers.

I'd fire me if I ever sent out this travesty or represented our company in this low-class fashion.

This is what your athletic department thinks of hockey. Couldn't even bother with letterhead. I'm sure no one's surprised.

Comment

I'll admit: even I'm surprised.

[snark]
                          I would have for sure expected some sort of letterhead touting the three straight Rose Bowl appearances.
                          [/snark]
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think your letter is a joke and not from the athletic department. I have never, ever received a corespondence letter from the UW that wasn't written with any UW symbols or anything. I believe you're getting punked.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerice View Post
                              I think your letter is a joke and not from the athletic department. I have never, ever received a corespondence letter from the UW that wasn't written with any UW symbols or anything. I believe you're getting punked.

Oh yeah, that seems plausible...

Came in an envelope with a red motion W on it.

Comment

That letter looks like desperation. I sure hope the place isn't empty every night and they throw some incentives to put butts in the seats.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X