Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Bummer.....Geoffrion has announced his retirement. What an awful injury, wish him the best in the future.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Best wishes to Blake, would love to see him get into coaching.

Comment

Great article by Buccigross on Blake. He is going to work with the Columbus Blue Jackets as a pro scout based in Chicago.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/90...eoffrion-story
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          Great article by Buccigross on Blake. He is going to work with the Columbus Blue Jackets as a pro scout based in Chicago.

Thanks for the link 78. IMO, Buccigross is the best hockey writer in North America. He's had some dandies!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Great article. Blake was a pleasure to watch. I am sure he will be successful in whatever he does.

Thanks for sharing the link.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Per Baggot, Deputy AD/overseer of hockey Sean Frazier has left to become AD at Northern Illinois. Walter Dickey and Mike Cerniglia expected to have expanded roles.

Link
              Last edited by icebadger; 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM.
              Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
              Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
              sigpic
              Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
              1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

She is from Michigan.
                Ahh, so then He'll replace Red at the maize and blue.

Bummer about Geoffrion. It makes me think of that lousey feeling I had at the end of that season.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Ahh, so then He'll replace Red at the maize and blue.
                  I believe he met her while coaching MSU in East Lansing so maybe the Spartans.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                    Per Baggot, Deputy AD/overseer of hockey Sean Frazier has left to become AD at Northern Illinois. Walter Dickey and Mike Cerniglia expected to have expanded rules.

Link
                    Always interesting to see moves like this. Probably won't see too many changes in Madison, but it'll be curious to see where Frazier takes his career from here. Is he a potential suitor when Barry (finally) retires?
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      Always interesting to see moves like this. Probably won't see too many changes in Madison, but it'll be curious to see where Frazier takes his career from here. Is he a potential suitor when Barry (finally) retires?
                      Probably will be a stepping stone to a future AD job in a higher-profile conference. There should be no lack of qualified candidates when Barry retires.

I'm more curious to see if this brings any changes in some of the issues that have been brought up lately. He was essentially the head of the hockey (both men's and women's) programs. Just not exactly sure what he actually had direct control of.

Comment

Nice little surprise in the NCHC TV deal, as the Friday Wisconsin at Miami game will be on CBS Sports Network nationally.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                          Per Baggot, Deputy AD/overseer of hockey Sean Frazier has left to become AD at Northern Illinois. Walter Dickey and Mike Cerniglia expected to have expanded rules.

Link
                          The article stated BA relied heavily on Frazier for his hockey experience. He handled hockey @ Manhattanville College, Merrimack and Clarkson. This might explain a lot.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            The article stated BA relied heavily on Frazier for his hockey experience. He handled hockey @ Manhattanville College, Merrimack and Clarkson. This might explain a lot.
                            Agreed. I shudder to think what would happen to the team if he returned to WI when BA retires.
                            Go Badgers!

Comment

*****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZn-DVCUAA_Fy1.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                                *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZn-DVCUAA_Fy1.jpg******
                                One last jab at us also-rans before you walk out the door, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X