Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The Athletic Dept just sent out another e-mail blast for season tickets.

I'll give them credit for the obvious desperation. This is no less than the third e-mail I've received about season tickets this off-season. It might be time for me to reply. Do I just reply to the general tickets@uwbadgers.com or should I also be a complete jerk and copy Frazier on it?
    I got a four-pack last year, then realized they didn't discount the four-pack ticket prices at all. Basically they just bundled them together to make it quicker to order. I had been thinking about getting a couple season tickets for the first time ever. Let's see, $200 x 2, plus $25 x 2 for a 'contribution', plus at least $20 per game in food/concessions, plus questionable parking (I refuse to pay for the outrageously expensive UW lots and my normal free lot was apparently discovered by others last year), plus the schedule sucks (IMO). And now lately with the bidding of the concessions contract, security, band, etc. It all adds up to a big, fat no.

Capobianco has been tweeting 'Y season tix?' alot. I responded with as many reasons as I could squeeze into 140 characters:
    "Y not: parking $; privatized concessions=higher $; no UND,DU; NMU, UAH again; band's diminished use; harrassment by 'security'"

I have not received a reply.
    Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
    Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
    sigpic
    Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
    1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

The Athletic Dept just sent out another e-mail blast for season tickets.

I'll give them credit for the obvious desperation. This is no less than the third e-mail I've received about season tickets this off-season. It might be time for me to reply. Do I just reply to the general tickets@uwbadgers.com or should I also be a complete jerk and copy Frazier on it?
      I keep getting the emails (I buy UMN @ UW tickets thru them every year) and have replied a couple times asking to be taken off the mailing list and I got no response and keep getting the emails. So, I don't think that is the right email address to reply to.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        I keep getting the emails (I buy UMN @ UW tickets thru them every year) and have replied a couple times asking to be taken off the mailing list and I got no response and keep getting the emails. So, I don't think that is the right email address to reply to.
        I got mailed an order form addressed to me and the hockey club my son plays for (we did the between periods mighty mites when he was 6 and 8 which is now coming p on 3 years ago). Problem is, I am already a season ticketholder and despite much soul searching...I have sent in the renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          I got mailed an order form addressed to me and the hockey club my son plays for (we did the between periods mighty mites when he was 6 and 8 which is now coming p on 3 years ago). Problem is, I am already a season ticketholder and despite much soul searching...I have sent in the renewal.
          I don't think it's unique to UW. I got emails from UMN for years after moving to Milwaukee even after emailing to let them know I've moved.

I enjoy going to the Gophers @ Badgers series as they are always a great time, and I actually thought about getting a Badgers season ticket package this year as I miss going to college hockey games every weekend and my wife is a Badger fan. Decided to take a few vacations instead. Maybe next season
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
            I got a four-pack last year, then realized they didn't discount the four-pack ticket prices at all. Basically they just bundled them together to make it quicker to order.
            That's really strange. With other sports teams, "flex plans" are a great medium for people who aren't sure they want to commit to a whole season (or half season, really) of tickets. What's also strange is that all single-game tickets are priced at $24 or $20, rather than having a normal ticket pricing system. Late in the season, students can buy single game tickets in assigned seating next to the student section for 12 bucks, but that's the only discount I'm aware of besides season tickets.

Comment

Anybody have a general idea of when some Badgers, and who, will be taken in the draft tomorrow? If I remember correctly, it won't be until the late rounds and I remember Besse being mentioned, but the other name(s) escape me. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                Anybody have a general idea of when some Badgers, and who, will be taken in the draft tomorrow? If I remember correctly, it won't be until the late rounds and I remember Besse being mentioned, but the other name(s) escape me. Thanks in advance.
                Besse and Soleway.
                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

The Anaheim Ducks have selected Grant Besse with the 26th pick of the 5th round, 147th overall.

Comment

...and the Phoenix Coyotes have selected Jedd Soleway with the 12th pick of the 7th round (193rd overall).

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

McBain traded to the Sabres during the draft.

*****http://l.wigflip.com/7dz4tKXW/roflbot.jpg******
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Does anyone know what the cost of changing the safety netting is? Most community rinks I've been to have netting all the way around (or at least on the side with seating), and it's white. The Kohl Center's is black. Whether it's white or black, the netting will obscure the same amount of your vision, but white netting is much less distracting and seems more out of the way of your eyes' focus on the action. I would prefer white netting.

This isn't supposed to tie into the discussion about attendance and game experience; it is just a thought I had. Also, it's July.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Does anyone know what the cost of changing the safety netting is? Most community rinks I've been to have netting all the way around (or at least on the side with seating), and it's white. The Kohl Center's is black. Whether it's white or black, the netting will obscure the same amount of your vision, but white netting is much less distracting and seems more out of the way of your eyes' focus on the action. I would prefer white netting.

This isn't supposed to tie into the discussion about attendance and game experience; it is just a thought I had. Also, it's July.
                          A more fundamental question: why waste safety netting of any kind on Badger fans?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                            A more fundamental question: why waste safety netting of any kind on Badger fans?
                            Because we're better than you, obviously.

UW/KC staff couldn't care less about the fan experience. I'd put good money on them doing nothing. (Possible exceptions: improved jumbotrons and better PA speakers... They'd spend a fortune on those things))
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Because we're better than you, obviously.
                              Probably, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Comment

Ryan McDonagh signs 6-yr, $28.2 million contract with NYR.
                                Link
                                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                                X