Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Surely Rumple back is a good thing but he is rusty and that will factor.
    This was a really bad prediction. Rumple was on his game.

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    Have to get the puck in the net 3 times to beat these guys tonight..
    This was a really good prediction.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

I always enjoy Brian Posick calls, but after solo's comment about Friday's game I was wondering why we seemed to have different opinion's of the play, Radio vs. TV. I noted last night that Brian tends to make it sound like the Badger's netminder is Julian Barretta, Curtis Joseph, Mike Richter, and Brian Elliott all rolled into one any time the puck comes anywhere near the UW net. It makes for a genuinely exciting call of the game, but can be a little hard to differentiate between the quality of play sometimes.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Hopefully just a freshman needing to figure it out and we'll see better from him by midseason.
      With the pace of play, I thought Besse looked in way over his head a lot on Friday night. Tough transition when you're used to being the best player on the ice, especially when you get in against the high end teams. Appears to have been a good decision by Eaves as Paape brought a lot of energy with him last night. Hopefully Grant is motivated by the move.

Last night's game: Move the puck more? Check....Better shots? Check....Stronger in front? Check. Mersch would not be denied goal #50....Better PP? Getting on the board first was huge. Still needs improvement.

And now the moment we've all been waiting for:

Wisko McBadgerton's Shot and a Beer Player of the Week Award goes to:

MARK ZENGERLE!!!

The senior out of Rochester, NY has always been known for his sweet hands and ability to distribute the puck, but this week he brought a big motor and even bigger heart in putting up 2A 8SOG and 4 PIM playing against one of the best lines in the country, led by returning Hobey Finalist and All American Austin Czarnick. Mark had the pedal to the metal every shift, leading by example and showing the kind of grit and determination this Badger team really needs heading into the gofer hole in two weeks. Congratulations Mark!
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It amuses me that the guy who locks threads must be on a two-week vacation.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          It's like we're entering a forbidden zone of 4-figure threads.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
            It's like we're entering a forbidden zone of 4-figure threads.
            I was asked to change my password today - it said my password expired and was 1,361 days old. The first time in four years. This board has been acting strangely lately.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

4-3-1 is not where I thought this team would be at this point. Say what you want but the non-conference play has been disappointing at best.

I hope the Saturday game is the jump start we need.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                I was asked to change my password today - it said my password expired and was 1,361 days old. The first time in four years. This board has been acting strangely lately.
                I was as well...and now I am getting the emails again, yeah!

Comment

Mine was 3,206 days old. That prompt struck me as odd too. Board be crazy.
                  Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                  Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                  sigpic
                  Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                  1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Funny. I received a notice to change my password because it appeared gopher fans were trying to hack into my account.

Apparently their efforts were very crude.

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                      Mine was 3,206 days old. That prompt struck me as odd too. Board be crazy.
                      And mine was 16,000+, which worked out to 43+ years! My memory sucks, but I honestly don't remember using USCHO in 1970.
                      "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

4-3-1 is not where I thought this team would be at this point. Say what you want but the non-conference play has been disappointing at best.

I hope the Saturday game is the jump start we need.
                        I'm not disappointed in the record as much as how we got there. Our losses in Boston were stunning meltdowns and the start of Lake Superior State first game was not good either. 3 losses in Boston and at Miami are not necessarily suprising...just wish the Boston two were more like the Miami loss where it was an up and down competitive game that got decided on one faceoff breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                          And mine was 16,000+, which worked out to 43+ years! My memory sucks, but I honestly don't remember using USCHO in 1970.
                          Memory is the second thing to go...
                          "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

People need to remember that Wisconsin outplayed BU and outshot them 43-26. Score isn't always indicative of the game.

Comment

I'm happy with the split. I have only watched the first period of the Friday game so far and my reaction is the 2 teams are pretty even. WI was easily breaking out/transitioning nicely and forchecking well and Miami wasn't skating circles around UW. Petersen was playing with a ton of confidence, really amazing since in the first period of the Friday LSS game he looked like he almost wanted to get yanked.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X