Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    I don't remember the destroying either. I think there was concern that his stats were inflated playing in the BCHL (which is standard), but beyond that not sure.
    I know I didn't. I wish UW had more 20 yr old freshman Canadians on the team who came from the BCHL. I don't think the BCHL produces many D1 grinders, there's plenty of those in the USHL.

The only negative thing I have seen on him is that Gurt's wife thought he was slow....but that was no apparent this last weekend.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      That wouldn't be me as I enjoy the hitters. They are my favorite to watch on the ice and I need someone to replace Ryan Little from 2012-13 (Sean is doing a good job this year). Will he supplant Nick Licari as my favorite all time, probably not, but you never know.

My buddy I go to games with called Soleway the next Matt Doman.
      Speaking of Ryan Little, I don't know if it was mentioned here before but things apparently haven't worked out for him with the ECHL Florida Everblades as I see he was released about two weeks ago. Don't know where he's at right now?
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Great post! Brings back good memories from the old college days. But for me in my friends it was NHL 94, 95, and 96 on Sega Genesis. Many a battle before, during and after classes. Bob Probert (RIP) was slow, but you get him near anyone, and they went down. Then you had guys like Dino Ciccarelli, who were fast but knocked people down left and right. If only it was that easy.
        I played a TON of those games for Sega too. Ahhh...the memories.

I still have those games and my Sega, maybe I should play that too.
        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
        Originally posted by UWisco
        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Speaking of Ryan Little, I don't know if it was mentioned here before but things apparently haven't worked out for him with the ECHL Florida Everblades as I see he was released about two weeks ago. Don't know where he's at right now?
          Saw him after the game on friday w/ his family. Probably living the dream in Fondy.

It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Barnes named Big Ten first star of the week, Faust named third star. Barnes tweaked his ankle Saturday per Shuey (radio) but was able to fight through it. Should be fine with another bye week. I think Joel should be ready for Miami as well.

Comment

I don't like the new B1G. Like thought it was great, but the competition isn't like the old WCHA.

Comment

I was looking today and the schedule is really goofy. I think someone mentioned this earlier, too.

After NMU and the Boston Massacre, there was a bye week. Then we had LSSU this past weekend, another bye week, go to Miami, then another bye week. Then we go to Minnesota with no bye weeks until finals / Christmas. But then there is another bye week in January and another at the end of February.

Not having time to look back at past years, is this how it has been in past years, or are we playing less teams or a longer season w/ same number of games?
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by tigersinnet View Post
                  I don't like the new B1G. Like thought it was great, but the competition isn't like the old WCHA.
                  I'll bet you Wisconsin's schedule is tougher this season than it was last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    I was looking today and the schedule is really goofy. I think someone mentioned this earlier, too.

After NMU and the Boston Massacre, there was a bye week. Then we had LSSU this past weekend, another bye week, go to Miami, then another bye week. Then we go to Minnesota with no bye weeks until finals / Christmas. But then there is another bye week in January and another at the end of February.

Not having time to look back at past years, is this how it has been in past years, or are we playing less teams or a longer season w/ same number of games?
                    They do not have 1st round playoff games anymore since all Big 10 teams make the conference tourney. That opens up one weekend. Other than that, I think they were just light on the front end of the schedule w/ games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                      I'll bet you Wisconsin's schedule is tougher this season than it was last year.
                      Considering we haven't played a single b1g conference game yet, I don't know how anyone can comment on the quality of the conference games.

With the B1G it seems that UW hasmore conference games in January between semesters and only has 34 games because of not playing in AK this season so no exemption.

Comment

I was going to say that playing 5 other teams is going to suck. There's really no team that we can expect to ruffle our feathers like Mankato did last year. We expect OSU and PSU to suck. We expect Michigan and Minnesota to rock, and MSU is a crap shoot. Maybe once Iowa and Rutgers get their programs up and running I'll like this conference a little more.

Comment

Badgers are participating in Movember. LINK here to donate. Great cause, nice to see the guys supporting it.

Comment

Old WCHA....maybe. New WCHA with Bemidji and Omaha...uhhh....how do I say this politely?...not a flippin' chance. When the WCHA watered itself down and we got to play Bemidji and Omaha at the expense of matchups with Denver/North Dakota....it became MUCH less attractive for me. Last year we did not have a single home game against Denver or North Dakota....what is so attractive about that? I'll take guaranteed home series against Minnesota and Michigan PLUS the scheduling flexibility of not playing in a bloated conference that will allow us to schedule series with Denver, North Dakota, Miami, BC, BU, ect.

Minnesota/Michigan will compare more then favorably to Minnesota/North Dakota/Denver, MSU will more then hold it's own against the next tier of old WCHA programs, and OSU/PSU have the resources to be solid teams which the bottom tier of the WCHA likely rarely if not ever can be.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                              Old WCHA....maybe. New WCHA with Bemidji and Omaha...uhhh....how do I say this politely?...not a flippin' chance. When the WCHA watered itself down and we got to play Bemidji and Omaha at the expense of matchups with Denver/North Dakota....it became MUCH less attractive for me. Last year we did not have a single home game against Denver or North Dakota....what is so attractive about that? I'll take guaranteed home series against Minnesota and Michigan PLUS the scheduling flexibility of not playing in a bloated conference that will allow us to schedule series with Denver, North Dakota, Miami, BC, BU, ect.

Minnesota/Michigan will compare more then favorably to Minnesota/North Dakota/Denver, MSU will more then hold it's own against the next tier of old WCHA programs, and OSU/PSU have the resources to be solid teams which the bottom tier of the WCHA likely rarely if not ever can be.
                              I think you are mostly right. I will miss the guaranteed series ND and Denver especially, hoping we can schedule that again soon. And I do like more non-conference opponents and there is an opportunity there to bring in some different teams. Let's hope they schedule some tough competition and not door mats all the time...
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Maybe once Iowa and Rutgers get their programs up and running I'll like this conference a little more.
                                What an adorable thing to say.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X