Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Does anyone know if UW is going to post a youtube video of the highlights from the weekend? I can't find the video of the goals.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

The one thing I noticed was the lack of the banners in the rafters. There only things I saw were the "It's a Great Day for Hockey" and the "Crease Creatures" signs on Friday, and they added the American flag on Saturday. But there were no historical banners to be seen. I realize that there might be an issue with any WCHA items with the B1G conference, but what about the national champ banners, and the UW Basketball banners...
      I hope this was a case of things being taken down for cleaning over the summer and they will be back up soon. Wisconsin has enough of a history that we should be celebrating it.

Comment

I got up for the Sat game. I like this team. A couple of really good options in net. The goal Rumps gave up was a bit shaky....you want your goalie to make that save from the top of the circle on what looked to be a wobbler and not exactly a rocket. In the end though...giving up only one no matter how it goes in will win a lot of hockey games. I like the depth this team has...it should let them overwhelm a lot of teams who just wont be able to match up when our third line/pairings are out. Hell, our second line will be better then most teams top line.

Saturdays game was a bit boring. Northern Michigan playing a 1-3-1 didn't leave much option but for the Badgers to dump and chase and with much fewer penalites then Fri that game was not exactly wide open. On the plus side...the few times the Badgers did get a power play....the puck movement looked far better then what we saw last year and the PP will actually be an asset this year.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
          The one thing I noticed was the lack of the banners in the rafters. There only things I saw were the "It's a Great Day for Hockey" and the "Crease Creatures" signs on Friday, and they added the American flag on Saturday. But there were no historical banners to be seen. I realize that there might be an issue with any WCHA items with the B1G conference, but what about the national champ banners, and the UW Basketball banners...
          I hope this was a case of things being taken down for cleaning over the summer and they will be back up soon. Wisconsin has enough of a history that we should be celebrating it.

Noticed that too and I'm sure they'll be back up there before too long, but they had all summer to get them cleaned or whatever is going on.

Would hope they're not getting rid of any WCHA references and I can't imagine that they are. The basketball banners were missing too, so I gotta think they're just being cleaned.

Comment

I'm almost positive this happened last year, too and I was the one posting "WTH, where are the banners" and they were back in a week or two.
            It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Overall, I've heard good stories about "fan experience" stuff from people who went to a game this weekend. Most notably, that the AV team in charge of the replay screens was doing a better job at showing replays during breaks in the action.

Aside from the concession issue (maybe a carryover from the same problems that plagued the first game at Camp Randall this year), any other comments on the environment in the Kohl Center this weekend? Did you leave the arena feeling like the AD has been listening to the feedback they've been getting the last few years? Or, to pick at one of my annoying broken-record topics: Was the pep band allowed to play, or did they just play canned music and commercials over them?
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Overall, I've heard good stories about "fan experience" stuff from people who went to a game this weekend. Most notably, that the AV team in charge of the replay screens was doing a better job at showing replays during breaks in the action.

Aside from the concession issue (maybe a carryover from the same problems that plagued the first game at Camp Randall this year), any other comments on the environment in the Kohl Center this weekend? Did you leave the arena feeling like the AD has been listening to the feedback they've been getting the last few years? Or, to pick at one of my annoying broken-record topics: Was the pep band allowed to play, or did they just play canned music and commercials over them?

Well, I started drinking at about 1:30 and didn't stop till the 3rd period, so details are a little soft. Wasn't hammered or anything, but was certainly buzzed enough to be distracted.

What I will say is that the place was half empty again and that coupled with a relatively dull game made for an overall dull experience. The win was nice, but that's about it.

Was nice to sit in my Saturday (blue line) seats again though after selling them for the past 6 seasons or so. Great seats for sure.

Comment

Banners are getting re-done to make them easier to see, or so I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Makes as much sense as any other answer you could get.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

That sounds like a reasonable explantion, but how difficult would it have been to have this all taken care of prior to the first event in the building???

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

With the exception of no "Enter Sandman," the pregame presentation was awesome. We got live look-ins to other college hockey games, which was great. The band was certainly allowed to play whenever it chose to.

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        Does anyone know if UW is going to post a youtube video of the highlights from the weekend? I can't find the video of the goals.
                        IIRC, last year they usually just included them in the Badger Hockey Digest. I wish they had more highlight reels with Brian Posick's commentary.

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                        Join the fan council, I'm sure your voice will count now.
                        I just applied. Their drop-down menu implied that I shouldn't apply, but I think that's hogwash, so I applied anyway. I wrote a lot, and I think I made a very convincing argument, explaining how much I've learned from the older folks' perspectives and those of current students. You'd think that's an angle they want, but the minimum age was 25. They didn't explicitly state that, so hopefully someone keeps reading after they read how old I really am.

Comment

Other than the timing of it, that makes sense. They didn't exactly stand out before.

Comment

That sounds like a reasonable explantion, but how difficult would it have been to have this all taken care of prior to the first event in the building???
                            You have to save some triggers to pull attendance up if it starts out poorly!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              With the exception of no "Enter Sandman," the pregame presentation was awesome. We got live look-ins to other college hockey games, which was great. The band was certainly allowed to play whenever it chose to.

I forgot about the live look-ins. Those were cool other than the results they were showing.

It's probably time to move on from Enter Sandman anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I forgot about the live look-ins. Those were cool other than the results they were showing.
                                They also started doing that at football games. I like them.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                It's probably time to move on from Enter Sandman anyway.
                                :O "Bring back sandman" clap clap clapclapclap
                                Last edited by WiscDC; 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X