Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Innova
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Anyone else having issues with not getting emails when subscribe to "instant notification", or is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Schwartz
    replied
    Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    One would think Rumpel would be in net Friday with Saturday a wait and see as usual. Just give us 6 solid periods overall for once.
    Peterson is starting tonight.

Leave a comment:

• IndianaBadger1995
    replied

That's what I'm hoping for. Tonight is my school's playoff football game and of course tonight there is TV but not tomorrow..... #theIndianalife

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

One would think Rumpel would be in net Friday with Saturday a wait and see as usual. Just give us 6 solid periods overall for once.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

while I'm at it...for those of you who WANT THE BANNERS BACK

call em up and let em know
    Alvarez, Barry Administration Director of Athletics 608.262.1866
    Bjorling, Dale Administration Athletic Board Member
    Cerniglia, Michael Administration Assistant To The Athletic Director 608.262.0147
    Dickey, Walter Administration Senior Associate Athletic Director 608.265.2973
    Doherty, Justin M. Administration Associate Athletic Director for External Relations 608.262.9023
    Eoff, Breanne Administration Administrative Assistant 608.265.4135
    Gawlik, Terry Administration Senior Associate Athletic Director/SWA 608.265.4987
    King, Jason Administration Associate Athletic Director 608.262.7974
    Marnocha, Randy Administration Associate Athletic Director 608.262.5118
    Pientka, Marija Administration Associate Athletic Director 608.263.7692
    Schmidt, Jeff Administration Assistant Athletic Director 608.262.3602
    Tiedt, Doug Administration Associate Athletic Director 608.263.1681
    Uttech, Jackie Administration Administrative Assistant 608.262.8009
    Van De Velde, Bruce Administration Senior Associate Athletic Director 608.890.2017
    Vickers, Jay Administration Senior Assistant Athletic Director 608.265.2152
    Wilkins, Linda Administration Administrative Assistant 608.263.5581

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

man showing digital projections like that of the great accomplishments are ****ing lame. it looks terrible and it really speaks of a lack of respect to the hockey and basketball teams.

Look: Barry, Cerniglia and every other thoughtless ...person...in the athletic department at Wisconsin. We get it. You don't give a **** about what the teams have done nor about loyal fans. I blame all of you dunces for this.

But let me tell you what professional Basketball and Hockey teams do when they achieve playoff appearances and championships....THEY ****ING CELEBRATE THEM!

*******http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx...80.jpg********

*******http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fw7iF68JR8...42.jpg********

Blackhawks, Bulls, Celtics and Bruins...but whatever "screaming at a wall" as I. Mackaye used to sing

Leave a comment:

• icebadger
    replied

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    Here's the link...

https://twitter.com/CreaseCreatures

The projection sure does make the concrete pop!

Really ****ing weak sauce.
    Wow, that is a very sad "effort". At least they got the colors right?

btw, we're number one! (post #1073)

Leave a comment:

• Wisko McBadgerton
    replied

With all this talk of bouncy ball and interior decorating I spent the last couple hours going through my files looking for recipes to exchange... but now that I see it, I'm wondering what do you guys suppose an outfit like that set us back?
    I mean maybe it's a good deal when compared to the high cost of baling wire to hold up banners.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I went on twitter Crease Creatures and it looks like a ring beam to me. It's like advertising. Very lame. It is uncluttered so the fan experience is much better!!!

Here's the link...

https://twitter.com/CreaseCreatures

The projection sure does make the concrete pop!

Really ****ing weak sauce.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

I went on twitter Crease Creatures and it looks like a ring beam to me. It's like advertising. Very lame. It is uncluttered so the fan experience is much better!!!

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

I envision a day (coming soon) when they will have to hand out pamphlets so all these Bball and Fball fans coming to the Kohl Center to watch hockey can understand foreign concepts like off-sides, icing, and what the little bench is for. The old WCHA and NCAA banners will be in a museum somewhere on the square where you guys can go sit on benches with your Starbucks and Flomax, watching the office girls walk by and shouting at each other about the good ol' BB (before Barry) years.

Leave a comment:

• WiscDC
    replied
    Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    I saw the ring last night too. I'm guessing that the years/words somehow are able to rotate, a la the advertising behind home plate at baseball games, for when hockey is being played. Just my guess.
    The CreaseCreatures twitter account said the ring thing is reversible for basketball/hockey. Honestly, it doesn't specifically look bad, but it's not as good as banners.

Leave a comment:

• Badger Booster
    replied

Was also at the basketball game last night. Basically, the only banners hanging from the rafters was one basic Wisconsin and a Big Ten banner. That's it. All basketball accomplishments were noted all the way around the top ring facade right below the third deck. Zero acknowledgement that hockey programs even exist. I assume that the UW will swap out everything and put all hockey titles up on hockey game nights. The athletic department has gone to great pains to say there aren't "virtual" banners, but not sure how this is better. Seriously, they are touting this as a really great upgrade, but I'm not seeing it at all.

As someone else here said, they had already cleared space by moving the women's hockey banners over to LaBahn. I don't buy it at all that it looked cluttered and were running out of space.

Leave a comment:

• WiscTJK
    replied

Anyone have a picture of the ring? I want to send to Ben Fraser who sent me a picture back in October of the Kohl Center showing no ring and saying Andy Baggot's article was not true.

I will get one at the next home hockey game, but that is not for another 3 weeks.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GBBadger14
    replied
    I saw the ring last night too. I'm guessing that the years/words somehow are able to rotate, a la the advertising behind home plate at baseball games, for when hockey is being played. Just my guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X