Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by burd View Post
    One last jab at us also-rans before you walk out the door, eh?
    For sure. The concept it cool, but they are a little too large overall. Leave it to the WCHA to mess up a ring design.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXVI: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Tolerate The BTHC

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      For sure. The concept it cool, but they are a little too large overall. Leave it to the WCHA to mess up a ring design.
      I suspect that the UW Team and not the WCHA who was responsible for the overall design.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        I suspect that the UW Team and not the WCHA who was responsible for the overall design.
        Correct. I'm sure UW paid for these on their own and not the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
          Great article by Buccigross on Blake. He is going to work with the Columbus Blue Jackets as a pro scout based in Chicago.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/90...eoffrion-story
          Super story! Blake Geoffrion is a winner and will be in his future endeavors. Best of Luck to him and Best Wishes to he and Katelyn.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Correct. I'm sure UW paid for these on their own and not the WCHA.
            That's no fun.....That was my last chance to rip on the wcha. Then I guess da boyz got a bad taste in rings then.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              That's no fun.....That was my last chance to rip on the wcha. Then I guess da boyz got a bad taste in rings then.
              That's just the current style of championship rings, hard to blame the kids for taking advantage of winning one.

Comment

Still haven't renewed even my Saturdays (Friday is a for sure no-go) and tomorrow is the supposed deadline.

Should be interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  Still haven't renewed even my Saturdays (Friday is a for sure no-go) and tomorrow is the supposed deadline.

Could be a special team next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Could be a special team next season.

I'm aware and excited for the possibilities. That's not the issue.

Just a malaise that I'm feeling right now towards spending money on things like sporting events. It's not exclusive to Badger Hockey by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I thought the deadline was June 30th. did they extend the deadline?

I ended up renewing both Friday and Saturday, although I really waffled. I asked the guy I sit next to if he was renewing as we talk hockey the whole game. He is, so I did as well.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

The hard deadline is always a few weeks later...

Comment

WCHA championship ring video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnlPQUDU_c
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I don't understand why they have a deadline at all. I also don't understand why they don't have other discount packages (a "flex pack" type of thing) available for fans who want to go to several games, but not half or all of them.

Edit: To be clear, I mean a deadline this far before the beginning of the season. Once games start being played, you'd obviously have to change things. Student tickets don't have a deadline before the season starts.
                            Last edited by WiscDC; 07-19-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              I don't understand why they have a deadline at all. I also don't understand why they don't have other discount packages (a "flex pack" type of thing) available for fans who want to go to several games, but not half or all of them.
                              They do have a five game flex package, which is actually what I'll probably end up doing. However, none of the tickets are discounted from face value and they aren't selling them until September 4.

I can't believe that if someone all of a sudden wants to buy season tickets the day before the first game that the UW would prevent them from doing so. I think it's a token deadline date just to hurry people along to send them your money.

They definitely need to take a look at how they sell season tickets. The current Friday/Saturday night model really feels outdated and inflexible.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                                They do have a five game flex package, which is actually what I'll probably end up doing. However, none of the tickets are discounted from face value and they aren't selling them until September 4.
                                That just seems so silly. These packs are a common thing that sports teams sell, but it's always at a discount from the single game price.

Comment

Working...
                                X