Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Hockey 2013-2014 - Climbing to the Top of the ECAC Ladder

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
    Bad news: sophomore defenseman Nate Widman won't return for the 2013-2014 season.
    What happened?

Comment

Hope it works!!

July 25, 2013

Brown University Sports Foundation
      Brown Set to Launch on The Ivy League® Digital Network

Providence, R.I. – Brown University, in partnership with NeuLion, announced today the launch of its brand new channel on the first-ever Ivy League Digital Network. The Ivy League Digital Network will provide live and on-demand video content involving all eight conference schools, as well as league championship events.

Starting with the 2013-14 season, the Brown channel on the Ivy League Digital Network will offer a user experience unlike any other to give fans an entirely new way to interact with the Bears. The completely redesigned digital channel includes an easy-to-navigate interface with a League-wide network streaming schedule and new interactive touch points to showcase the expanded content offerings available on computer, mobile and tablet devices all without the use of an app.

Initially, all eight Ivy League schools will feature three-camera HD broadcasts for football and men’s and women’s basketball. Additionally, Brown will continue to offer live streaming for home events across multiple sports at a level equal to or better than what has been presented in the past.

“Brown Athletics will be at the forefront of video technology as we launch the Ivy League Digital Network,” said Jack Hayes, Brown’s Director of Athletics. “We will be introducing a high definition, multi-camera video streaming broadcast, as well as highlight packages and original video features, all offered on multiple digital platforms. This will allow Brown fans and alumni throughout the world to follow their favorite teams and student-athletes from one state-of-the-art viewing destination.”

For a limited time at www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com fans can purchase a discounted yearly package to the Brown channel at a special introductory price of $71.95. The package includes everything the channel has to offer from live home and league away games in HD as well as on-demand programming and other premium content.

Beginning on August 21, a variety of subscription packages will be offered for inside access to Brown Athletics, including a 12-month pass for $89.95, a four-month pass for $34.95, a one-month pass for $10.95 or a single-day pass for $9.95.

In addition to the school-specific packages, fans can sign up for Ivy League-wide subscriptions that include live and on-demand content from a variety of sports across all eight schools and conference championship events, as well as additional premium content not available anywhere else.

A special introductory 12-month, League-wide pass is also available now at a discounted price of $95.95 until August 21. At launch, multiple League-wide packages will be available, including a 12-month pass for $119.95, a four-month pass for $49.95 and a one-month pass for $15.95.

As the official technology partner for the Ivy League Digital Network, NeuLion is responsible for delivering this new network to fans using their leading college solution, the NeuLion College Platform. Over 175 colleges, universities and conferences trust and rely on NeuLion to power their digital experiences connecting fans worldwide.

“We are excited to launch the Ivy League Digital Network and give Brown fans access to their school’s content in ways that will keep them coming back for more no matter where they are,” said Chris Wagner, Executive Vice President and Co-Founder of NeuLion. “This network isn’t just about streaming high quality events; it’s about immersing the fans in the Brown athletic experience and giving them a digital destination that is second-to-none with the help of live stats, social media integration and more. By partnering with the Ivy League and implementing our leading technology, we can help better connect fans and alumni to their schools’ affinities and to the conference as a whole.”

Comment

Originally posted by Brown09 View Post
        Bad news: sophomore defenseman Nate Widman won't return for the 2013-2014 season.
        Uh-oh. Details, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
          Uh-oh. Details, anyone?
          Don't know his reasons for leaving but Widman is at the Roughriders (USHL) camp....so I guess it's possible he could return to Brown next year?.....OR...... Scott Herbst ‏@herbst20 23h
          Apparently former #Roughrider Nate Widman is in camp. Played 3 games for #Brown last year before being injured. My guess just rehabbing ....https://twitter.com/herbst20
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

@MarkDivver tweeted the other day that Widman will play this season in CR, where he was before Brown. Brendan Whittet said to be optimistic Widman will be back with Bears next season, but who knows.

Comment

I just confirmed it with an affiliate defenseman of Cedar Rapids. Widman will be returning this year to Cedar Rapids. Skated in drills this weekend but not in scrimmages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of North Main St. View Post
                @MarkDivver tweeted the other day that Widman will play this season in CR, where he was before Brown. Brendan Whittet said to be optimistic Widman will be back with Bears next season, but who knows.
                Who knows is right...

Comment

Well, it could be worse. That he returned to his USHL club, rather than transferring elsewhere, shows he maintains some level of commitment to Whittet's program. I think he knows we have a stacked defensive corps this year, and will look to make an impact after Wahl and Robo (and, I suppose after last year, Goldberg) graduate.

Comment

Uh-oh. Details, anyone?
                    See post #57. $$$$$
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I think he knows we have a stacked defensive corps this year.
                      Not a factor.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....i-john-edwardh

Brown picked up a d-man from Loomis Chaffee today.
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Well, it could be worse. That he returned to his USHL club, rather than transferring elsewhere, shows he maintains some level of commitment to Whittet's program.
                          It doesn't "show" anything, it just leaves the door open. Plenty of players who leave programs for the USHL end up on other teams - all it means right now is that he could return to Brown, unless he were to make a statement otherwise.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            It doesn't "show" anything, it just leaves the door open. Plenty of players who leave programs for the USHL end up on other teams - all it means right now is that he could return to Brown, unless he were to make a statement otherwise.
                            That's better than a confirmed transfer to Northeastern.

Comment

That's better than a confirmed transfer to Northeastern.
                              Yes, I suspect it would be.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                                Not a factor.
                                How do you know? This is the deepest Brown defense in years. Maybe he didn't think he could crack the lineup.

Unless you have insider information, my speculation is as good as yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X