Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    I was there for all 3 of those games and it was great.
    Same situation again since our rankings aren't high enough to make the NCAA's we have to win the conference tournament to get the automatic berth.
    That weekend was so much fun to watch.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

CLAP , CLAP for the BUCKEYES. What a great run they had. Looking forward to next year as they will be a notch better. Hats off to Rohlik and the Coaching staff. The team played hard for this staff.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Tough way for the season to end! The legs just gave out after Wisconsin tied it at 4.

Comment

Tough to accept, but kudos to Wisconsin. The Badgers know how to win; we're still learning. The Fritz goal was a beauty. But then we stopped to feel good about ourselves for just one minute, and paid a terrible price.

Tonight was certainly proof of the value of a veteran team; particularly guys who stay all four years. How about it, Ryan? One more campaign? Maybe next year we're the ones taking that next step.

In the meantime, sincere thanks to the players and coaches; both for the great tournament run and the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Tough way for the season to end! The legs just gave out after Wisconsin tied it at 4.
            Bittersweet ending to the season as none of us wanted it to end. There is nothing to be ashamed of for the way this season ended and I am so proud of our team, our coaches and our hockey program. Everyone counted us out in September. We experienced a new coach, a no goalie situation, injuries, the list goes on and on. Never once did our boys collapse or give up and none of us have given up on this team.

The Minnesota fans that think we are a "lesser" team, we showed them last night. We also put every other team on notice in the B1G and the NCAA for next season.

A special thanks to everyone that is a Season Ticket Holder, a supporter of OSU Men's and Women's Hockey programs and fans. With your support, we have grown a hockey support program in The Scarlet Liners that is recognized by OSU and growing new members. When others said it couldn't be done, together, we did it.

Finally, thank you to our student-athletes that keep us coming back for game after game, losing our voices, going crazy with end of season scenarios. If it weren't for these young men and women, what else would we do?
            ‪#‎GoBucks‬ ‪#‎AsOne‬ ‪#‎ScarletandGreyUntilWeDie‬

Comment

Hey Buckeye fans,

great game vs. UW in the B10 finals! Steve Rohlik is the real deal. He's going to be a hell of a coach and OSU looks to be an emerging power under him, congrats.

I'm looking forward to many more great games between UW and OSU
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Hey Buckeye fans,

great game vs. UW in the B10 finals! Steve Rohlik is the real deal. He's going to be a hell of a coach and OSU looks to be an emerging power under him, congrats.

I'm looking forward to many more great games between UW and OSU
                #InRohlsWeTrust

The team is getting back to the Schott at approx 1:30 on Sunday afternoon. If anyone cares to come out, The Scarlet Liners are working to welcome them back home. Show your support of the Scarlet & Grey and join us!

Comment

You guys had a good run. Congratulations, you almost did it.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

After watching some of the last two games I'm starting to feel a little better about always losing to you in overtime. Anastos always talks about being a year behind. We'll see.

Comment

I hate to use the fatigue excuse, but it was obvious the guys lost their legs. It was still a great season! With OSU having one of the younger teams in the league, the future here is bright! I am already looking forward to next season! I sincerely hope Ryan Dzingel stays, but I certainly wouldn't fault him if he decides to move onto the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                        I hate to use the fatigue excuse, but it was obvious the guys lost their legs. It was still a great season! With OSU having one of the younger teams in the league, the future here is bright! I am already looking forward to next season! I sincerely hope Ryan Dzingel stays, but I certainly wouldn't fault him if he decides to move onto the next level.
                        Thats not an excuse it is a fact and nothing they could really do about it. I am already looking forward to next year as well. This could be a dangerous team next with or without Dzingel. I hope he stays too but not sure he will if he goes he picked a couple of great games to go out on.

Comment

Thats not an excuse it is a fact and nothing they could really do about it. I am already looking forward to next year as well. This could be a dangerous team next with or without Dzingel. I hope he stays too but not sure he will if he goes he picked a couple of great games to go out on.
                          I think the real blessing for the bucks this year was having 2 very young and good goalies to rotate. And the new coaching staff. The next few years looks BRIGHT for the bucks.
                          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                            I think the real blessing for the bucks this year was having 2 very young and good goalies to rotate. And the new coaching staff. The next few years looks BRIGHT for the bucks.
                            Looking ahead to next season, I think this team has the potential to move up a couple spots so that we don't have to play three games in three days. This past season was a great season, but we need to build on it. If we don't build on it, then it didn't really mean anything, and by build on it, I mean better record, higher finish in the Big Ten, maybe even an NCAA Tournament berth. I think those are fair and attainable goals next season.

Comment

Looking ahead to next season, I think this team has the potential to move up a couple spots so that we don't have to play three games in three days. This past season was a great season, but we need to build on it. If we don't build on it, then it didn't really mean anything, and by build on it, I mean better record, higher finish in the Big Ten, maybe even an NCAA Tournament berth. I think those are fair and attainable goals next season.
                              Well said.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

The only part I would quibble with is "maybe even an NCAA Tournament bid." Next year won't be a success without one.

They need to do a couple of things. First they need a better start to the season and I think being the second year under the new coaching staff will take care of that. Second, they need a slightly upgraded schedule and the Hockey East Big Ten challenge should help with that.

They also need to internalize and remember how bad they felt after the last loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X