Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Talk about stealing one! Man did Wisconsin control most of that hockey game or what? Frey was outstanding all night long keeping them in the game with save after save. It was nice to see this team score 5 on 5 goals tonight. Coming out of this weekend with 3 Points is huge. Now come home and do what is supposed to be done sweep Penn State.

Comment

Next Saturday I believe is the day we celebrate 50 years of Buckeye hockey. We honored our original team back in 1999 when we moved into the Schott. Not all of that team could attend and now there will again be some missing who have gone to play on the big ice in the sky.
      I look forward to seeing those of all our previous teams who can attend and share the stories of good times past.

Comment

Well for the past two weekends Coach has started two different goalies. Since they're both freshmen it stands to reason we're going to go the route that Miami uses and have a two goalie a weekend setup. It just will take a little getting used to as we have for the longest time always have had a designated starter and backups.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Well for the past two weekends Coach has started two different goalies. Since they're both freshmen it stands to reason we're going to go the route that Miami uses and have a two goalie a weekend setup. It just will take a little getting used to as we have for the longest time always have had a designated starter and backups.
          I see the rotation continuing but if Frey continues to play like he did yesterday I could also see him winning the job.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            I see the rotation continuing but if Frey continues to play like he did yesterday I could also see him winning the job.
            I didn't see him doing particularly better than Tomkins as the goals given up Friday were a fluke off Greco's skate and bad turnovers by our D by the net.
            At this point based on what we've seen so far the question is are we going to be a 2 goalie team or is it yet to be determined that we will have a set starting goaltender? I personally believe that when you have two very skilled freshman goaltenders and no upperclassmen goaltenders you have to do a 2 man routine to utilize them properly and to keep one from leaving.
            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-26-2014, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Found out today somebody's really dropping the ball (or puck) on the 50th Anniversary celebration next Saturday. MANY of the hockey alumni have not been contacted and knew nothing about it!
              Only 3 of our first squad from '63-'64 will be there and that's because one personally called the other two and told them about it!
              Is this REALLY the best the University can do on recognizing this milestone?

Comment

Found out today somebody's really dropping the ball (or puck) on the 50th Anniversary celebration next Saturday. MANY of the hockey alumni have not been contacted and knew nothing about it!
                Only 3 of our first squad from '63-'64 will be there and that's because one personally called the other two and told them about it!
                Is this REALLY the best the University can do on recognizing this milestone?
                So much for reaching out to the Alumni

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  Talk about stealing one! Man did Wisconsin control most of that hockey game or what? Frey was outstanding all night long keeping them in the game with save after save. It was nice to see this team score 5 on 5 goals tonight. Coming out of this weekend with 3 Points is huge. Now come home and do what is supposed to be done sweep Penn State.
                  Definately! Looking forward to the Penn State series, although I don't believe we should underestimate them. If our boys show-up and play like we have the past two weeks, we will sweep. If we show up and play like we did during Saturday night of the Michigan State series, doubtful.

Has anyone heard the status on Gedig and Dalrymple? Gedig was at the OSU Women's games this weekend as they swept Minnesota State.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                    Definately! Looking forward to the Penn State series, although I don't believe we should underestimate them. If our boys show-up and play like we have the past two weeks, we will sweep. If we show up and play like we did during Saturday night of the Michigan State series, doubtful.

Has anyone heard the status on Gedig and Dalrymple? Gedig was at the OSU Women's games this weekend as they swept Minnesota State.
                    You are correct they can not talk Penn State lightly. I for one do not want to see Ohio state be the first team to lose a conference game to them.

Comment

The only thing I can see costing us losing to Penn State is if our defense gets sloppy on the passes and clearing attempts around our net. You know, same old same old.

Comment

The only thing I can see costing us losing to Penn State is if our defense gets sloppy on the passes and clearing attempts around our net. You know, same old same old.
                        We have two defensemen out. My trust is in Frey, not Tomkins. MN dismantled Penn State in their own barn. I'm not so confident in our own abilities in OUR own barn. Let's play the game before we go getting cocky, Penn State is out with something to prove and they will take advantage of all our weaknesses.

Comment

My trust is in Frey, not Tomkins.
                          Tomkins had the #1 team in the country stonewalled last Friday until a freak goal happened. How many goals did the goalies of the Gopher's other opponents allow? Trust me, Tompkins is the more developed of the two at the moment and I'm pretty certain goaltending coach Joe Exter agrees. It does not mean though that Frey couldn't pass Tompkins but he's not there yet basically due to the fact our staff hasn't had as long to work with him.
                          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-27-2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Tomkins had the #1 team in the country stonewalled last Friday until a freak goal happened. How many goals did the goalies of the Gopher's other opponents allow? Trust me, Tompkins is the more developed of the two at the moment and I'm pretty certain goaltending coach Joe Exter agrees. It does not mean though that Frey couldn't pass Tompkins but he's not there yet basically due to the fact our staff hasn't had as long to work with him.
                            Of course Exter has had longer to work with Tomkins, Frey just came in at the end of the year.

Comment

We have two defensemen out. My trust is in Frey, not Tomkins. MN dismantled Penn State in their own barn. I'm not so confident in our own abilities in OUR own barn. Let's play the game before we go getting cocky, Penn State is out with something to prove and they will take advantage of all our weaknesses.
                              Agree with your last sentence 100%. We're in 5th place in the BTHC, only one spot above Penn State. This team isn't good enough to get cocky and think all they have to do is step on the ice and they have someone beat. Seems to me Penn State beat this team last year in that tournament in Pittsburgh.

Comment

i wasnt trying to be or get cocky but if this team is going to get where they want to be they should not lose to Penn State. Yes they have to play well to get victories. Penn State did beat them last year and I would not want to be the first team to lose a conference game to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X