Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    As much as i am disappointed they didnt get any points out of this weekend i am also proud of them. They didnt lay down and let the Gophers run them over. A few breakdowns will cost you against a great team and Minnesota is just that. On to Wisconsin next weekend with different results coming.
    Totally agree...proud of our play this weekend, especially with the MN commentators and fans believing it should have been a 10-0 blowout by the Gophers. On to WI and a change of scenery.

There were a lot of naysayers earlier in the year with Rohlik promoted to head coach, I believe he is proving himself. If Oz were still in charge, we'd have collapsed after the first goal against on Friday night and would never have struck first in the first period tonight. Our boys hung in there with #1 in the country both nights and NEVER gave up for 60 minutes.

I believe this program is growing stronger and stronger each week (to the shock of BTN that said Ohio State had a new hockey program on Friday night in the 3rd period).

Wisconsin will be a challenge of a different kind. But this weekend our boys proved they have the grit and determination to play 60 minutes of hardcore hockey, I believe they will be up to it and surprise a lot of folks in the hockey world.
    Last edited by GreyGhost; 01-19-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Your boys are better than advertised. Best of luck until early March.
      Depends on which publications you read.

EDIT: I should expand on this quip a bit. The Twin Cities media does a good job covering college hockey; I'm not saying otherwise. But you are 700 miles away. And until this year, we were just another nonconference opponent. We'd go years at a time without playing each other. Of course your info was incomplete. That's nobody's fault.

What You Probably Knew: We had a totally unexpected coaching change in the off-season, and a potential disaster at the goalie position due to an untimely departure and equally untimely injury.

What You Likely Didn't Know: Except in the nets, this is a veteran team. That factor apparently doesn't make any difference for the Gophers, but it's potentially a big deal for the rest of us. As this season has played out, it's become clear that this team continues to grow. But there's no real reason that story would get attention nationally.

Speed is an asset for this Buckeye team. That hasn't necessarily been the M.O. for the Buckeyes over the long haul. This weekend, from our vantage point, the Gophers neutralized that asset. But from your vantage point, you were likely surprised the Buckeyes could skate with the Gophers.

If anything, the team is playing with more cohesion under Coach Rohlik, not less. That's a credit to both the players and coaches. This emerging story has been a pleasant surprise to us. And again, there's no particular reason this would get national attention. Unless the Buckeyes manage a substantial win streak in B1G play, we'll continue to be somewhat anonymous.
      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 01-19-2014, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I was also proud of our team this weekend. It would have been nice to see them get rewarded for their hard work, but they gave the #1 team in the country all they could handle. Hopefully they can build on this and find a way to get some points in Madison next weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
          Totally agree...proud of our play this weekend, especially with the MN commentators and fans believing it should have been a 10-0 blowout by the Gophers.
          Please don't take it personally Gopher fans believe every game should be a 10-0 blowout Gophers win.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I was surprised that Goalie Frey got the start on Saturday. What happen to Goalie Thomkins?
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
              I was surprised that Goalie Frey got the start on Saturday. What happen to Goalie Thomkins?
              I think coach wanted to give Frey a game this weekend after Tomkins playing 3 straight. This team is in pretty good shape in net for years to come with those 2.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                i think coach wanted to give frey a game this weekend after tomkins playing 3 straight. This team is in pretty good shape in net for years to come with those 2.

thumbs up.
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Will be a nostalgic weekend for Coach playing at his Alma Matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Will be a nostalgic weekend for Coach playing at his Alma Matter.
                    Nostalgic for sure now lets hope the team can get a win or 2 out of this for Coaches return home.

Comment

As much as i am disappointed they didnt get any points out of this weekend i am also proud of them. They didnt lay down and let the Gophers run them over. A few breakdowns will cost you against a great team and Minnesota is just that. On to Wisconsin next weekend with different results coming.
                      I was impressed with the Buckeyes' play this weekend and fully expect you to get some points from those Sinkin' BADgers - at least I hope you do!

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        I was impressed with the Buckeyes' play this weekend and fully expect you to get some points from those Sinkin' BADgers - at least I hope you do!
                        Spoken like a true Gopher fan! LOL!

Comment

Nostalgic for sure now lets hope the team can get a win or 2 out of this for Coaches return home.
                          "As One" is the team motto this season. Go Bucks!

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/

We're still not ranked, but Ohio State received 4 votes....Miami 2. #GoBucks #AsOne

Comment

3 players from the men's hockey team, Josh Healey, Travis Statchuk and Drew Brevig, and Cara Zubko from the women's team were featured last Saturday during Pride Night in a new video from the Buckeyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8KW6lyyL0c

I'm proud of these student-athletes and our Buckeyes! #AsOne

Comment

Received email today for ticket purchase for the B1G hockey tournament at $140.00 a seat. Really ****es me off as that's only $10.00 less than a OSU season ticket package! Also the CCHA for their finals at the Joe a front row seat against the glass were only $35.00 a day!

Comment

Working...
                                X