Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    The ATM line is picking up where they left off last year! Can't wait to see the boys take on Canisius this weekend!
    Canisius should be no problem if we play as well as last week. It's the opponent AFTER Canisius is where the real fun begins!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Canisius should be no problem if we play as well as last week. It's the opponent AFTER Canisius is where the real fun begins!
      with the goalie situation being what it is I wouldn't say the two games against Canisius are "no problem." Unless they pick cup a goalie today or tomorrow they are one injury away from having none.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
        with the goalie situation being what it is I wouldn't say the two games against Canisius are "no problem." Unless they pick cup a goalie today or tomorrow they are one injury away from having none.
        I'd say unless one is brought in from the club team which I don't even know if the rules allow the most likely scenario is one of our usual healthy scratches will be suited up as a goalie and drilled intensively this week by Exter to be the backup backup backup goalie!

Comment

The goalie situation will be cleared up by the end of the day. The new backup should have a very good glove, but its been a while since he has strapped the pads on.

Comment

Our own jsvo88 retweeted Aaron Gretz, catcher on the baseball team from Minny, that he was approved to play NCAA Hockey. So there is your new goalie! 4 year letter winner in High School

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
              Our own jsvo88 retweeted Aaron Gretz, catcher on the baseball team from Minny, that he was approved to play NCAA Hockey. So there is your new goalie! 4 year letter winner in High School
              Sweet. If he has the skills Joe Exter should make quick progress with him!

Comment

Ok it seems we are just looking at emergency options if Tomkins cant dress as of right now. So not sure he will actually join the team. Looking to add someone more experienced next Semester if I am understanding this correctly.

Comment

Well if he can go through the rest of the semester and we enroll and bring someone else in during break that seems to be the best we can do then.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    No doubt! Rumor has it goalie situation is coming to fruition.

Bring some canned goods to support the Mid-Ohio Food Bank this weekend! Good, worthwhile cause...I know us Buckeyes can fill those bins!

Comment

It's official now that Gretz is on the hockey roster. What a lucky find for our coaches that he's here at OSU.
                      Here's the link to OSU's announcement. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tz_876844.html

Comment

....and now we have four goalies.

Aaron Kahn, a goalie for the OSU Club Hockey team, has been added to the Ohio State roster

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          It's official now that Gretz is on the hockey roster. What a lucky find for our coaches that he's here at OSU.
                          Here's the link to OSU's announcement. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...tz_876844.html
                          I wonder how well he can skate, because that's extremely important.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Not an unfair question given the emergency circumstances, but his credentials pretty much tell you he's going to be a competent skater. Apple Valley is a large, suburban high school with lots of candidates for Varsity Hockey; and competing in the MN High School Tournament pretty much speaks for itself. A guy who can't skate isn't going to clear those hurdles.

Also, I've got to believe that the coaches gave him a very thorough tryout prior to adding him to the roster -- and that minimum skating competence was non-negotiable.

All that said, whether he's a strong enough player to challenge for real minutes at the D-1 level, especially after Tompkins returns, is a wide open question. No guarantees on that one.
                            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 11-14-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I'm not worried about his skating. I'm worried that he grabs the puck out of the air and then fires it the length of the rink trying to throw out a runner at second base.

Comment

Goalies can skate??

Comment

Working...
                                X