Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    in their defense I'm sure they are still adjusting to the changes in the coaching staff. Even though 2/3 of it is the same there's a different person calling the shots. At this point in the season I'll be happy with progress. Now ---- if they continue to play this way in February I'll be on this site screaming the old "mad as hell and not going to take it any more" stuff.
    I guess the question then becomes how long will the adjustment period last? Apparently longer than six games and a preseason training camp. I agree with you regarding being content seeing progress.

Comment

Back to .500-hopefully at least that after Sat Night.

It's nice to see Oddo playing well and Niddery. Dzingel got that 1st goal last night hopefully many more to come. Get Max going and Fritz back would help us alot.

Speaking of, I don't expect Fritz to return this weekend, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
        Back to .500-hopefully at least that after Sat Night.

It's nice to see Oddo playing well and Niddery. Dzingel got that 1st goal last night hopefully many more to come. Get Max going and Fritz back would help us alot.

Speaking of, I don't expect Fritz to return this weekend, correct?
        If i heard Herb right last night dont expect Fritz back for at least 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          If i heard Herb right last night dont expect Fritz back for at least 2 weeks.
          Should make a difference when we get Fritz back. Rohlik can put him back on that line with McCormick and Szczechura ("ATM" Line ... Alex-Max-Tanner). That line was pretty lethal last season. Hopefully they can recapture that magic.

Comment

As I said in the matchup thread I'd be happy with a split this weekend

Comment

I thought the difference in the game was the way that UMD while in there own zone took time and space away from the Buckeyes most of the night. Once again the PK gives up a goal for now the 7th straight game. I thought the Buckeyes owned the 3rd period until that 3rd Bulldog goal. If DIzngle scores instead of hitting that crossbar i belive the buckeyes win but he didnt and UMD did a nice job from there. Way to many passes to no body tonight. Tomkins played a decent game in my mind but he does go down to early which they picked on for that first goal top shelf. I can see why they give up so many cross crease chances on the Pk. They are way to slow rotating within the box.

Comment

Nice bounce-back win for the Buckeyes over a quality opponent. I didn't make it to the games as I am in Madison, WI cheering on our women's hockey team, but I just got to a computer and saw the final score on gametracker. Sounds like the guys did some good things this weekend and took a step forward.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Nice bounce-back win for the Buckeyes over a quality opponent. I didn't make it to the games as I am in Madison, WI cheering on our women's hockey team, but I just got to a computer and saw the final score on gametracker. Sounds like the guys did some good things this weekend and took a step forward.
                  I'm happy with a W tonight. Came out in the first period and took control. Second period was a little shaky. Third you could tell we were getting wore out with the pace. ENG sealed the deal. Lots of things to build on, including the Powerless Play. Was happy to see us less in the penalty box tonight although we took a few stupid penalties that did cost us.

I don't know if Rohlik blew up the locker room last night or gave the boys some energy drinks tonight...it worked. Gotta keep this progress moving forward and cannot collapse again.

Comment

Nice win tonight for the guys. For the most part they dominatined the first 35 minutes or so until that 2nd UMD goal. Now that i have seen them in person more than once, i can see how they give up so many chances in front of the net. They are way to undiscpline in the defensive zone. To many guys running around getting out of position and chasing. It is worse on the PK the box gets way out of control and guys are late rotating down causing that cross crease pass to be open. One other thing they chase the puck to much behind the net while shorthanded and again guys get out of place. I thought they played 2 really competitive games this weekend. Hope they can build on this and go from here.

Comment

Nice win tonight for the guys... Hope they can build on this and go from here.
                      Truly a Rockin and Rohlik Time!
                      Here we come!

Comment

Nice WIN & split for the Bucks. It will be fun to watch some games on the Big Ten Network this year.
                        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                          Looks like Rookie Tomkins will be giving Olson a run at the starting position. Good luck to both goalies.
                          ....looks like Olson has left the program....http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...son_leaves.php
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            ....looks like Olson has left the program....http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...son_leaves.php
                            Was wondering why he wasn't on the bench last night. Olson flew the coup.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                              Was wondering why he wasn't on the bench last night. Olson flew the coup.
                              Cant believe i didnt notice it. thats 2 goalies from teh development team that has come to Ohio state and Failed.

Comment

Cant believe i didnt notice it. thats 2 goalies from teh development team that has come to Ohio state and Failed.
                                and at least one more who committed but never showed up (John Gibson).

Comment

Working...
                                X