Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

[QUOTE=osualum86;5784192 Some on here wanted change, they got change![/QUOTE]

I think they will be ok but your correct those who wanted change be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Originally posted by puck buck View Post
      what did those of us who didn't want change get?

Don't answer that.
      Ok, I won't!

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        I think they will be ok but your correct those who wanted change be careful what you wish for.
        Exactly! We'll see what kind of team and coaching staff we have tonight in the rematch. How we respond to the subpar performance last night will tell a lot about how this season is going to go.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
          Ready for round #2 in Oxford....let's go Bucks!
          It's a BUMMER that the Bucks had to start the season out against such a good team as Miami/Ohio.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
            Ready for round #2 in Oxford....let's go Bucks!
            I hope they can bounce back for a WIN.
            Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM.
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

talk about digging a hole early 2 goals in 1:30 to start the game. More penalty trouble on top of it. I thought they played better than last night and can build on things they did. Cant wait to see them in person on Tuesday at BG.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                talk about digging a hole early 2 goals in 1:30 to start the game. More penalty trouble on top of it. I thought they played better than last night and can build on things they did. Cant wait to see them in person on Tuesday at BG.
                They'll have to play better than they did this weekend if they want to get a W in Bowling Green. Bowling Green isn't Miami, obviously, but they've given us fits (and losses) in their building lately.

Comment

Just back from Oxford...wow, what a game. Before people jump ship, let's put things into perspective. Miami is ranked #2 in the nation, we're not even ranked. Blasi is entering his 15th year as head coach and has continuity with his entire team and program. We've had three coaches in four years, zero continuity and even less support from Administration.

That being said, I think we played a good game tonight. The majority of Seniors were scratched, Tomkins was in net and our first period was less than stellar, bordering on sloppy and misguided. It seemed we got our jitters worked out in the second period and played a solid period. A sheet of glass was broken with 1:26 left in the second period, in which they took the second intermission and played the remaining 1:26 and then into the third period. During a Miami penalty with 3:28 left we pulled Tomkins and added a sixth skater. Miami promptly scored an empty net goal. So really I consider this a 5-3 game. Holding #2 in the nation to 2 points in their barn isn't too shabby.

Obviously our Power Play and Penalty Kill needs some work. We also need to work to keep ourselves out the box. Friday night, however, the refs were definitely not on our side.

With that, I am encouraged by what I see. We did play a better game tonight. Things that I see this year improved over last season is communication with each other, cleaner passing and a general uptick of tempo and speed. We kept right up with Miami the whole 60 minutes and didn't collapse during the third period that we saw over and over again like we did last year.

We're going to see Miami caliber of play all season long. Nationally, Wisconsin is ranked #3, Minnesota #5, Michigan #11 and Penn State is proving to be no slouch in the Big 10. We definately have our work cut out for us this season.
                  Last edited by GreyGhost; 10-12-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    I could deal with the loss, the difficulty was the Miami fans around us. I will fault no one for cheering and rooting for their team but these people were rude and obnoxious to the extreme and were ignoring the usher's orders. I was assured that next time we host a game against Miami they will be more forceful in maintaining order with unruly fans.
                    I treat all opponent's fans with courtesy as I expect the same when in their house. Some it seems since they were here in large numbers felt they could take some liberty's.
                    I'm definitely with you on this. They, not all...I've met some really nice Miami fans and look forward to seeing them at games...but there are quite a few that are obnoxious and rude. I didn't encounter any of that tonight in Miami. Obviously being one OSU fan in a sea of Miami fans, (HockeyBuckeye did I see you last nite in the Boardroom and tonite while in line at the coffee shop?) I expected to take some ribbing in the concourse...a few comments, but nothing crazy. All good humored ribbing, which I am totally fine with as I do the same when we are at home in the Schott. When they were screaming "Let's go Red Hawks", I am yelling "Pluck a Red Hawk". Let's go Bucks!

Our problem is the Schott itself. It's so big, so there are always tix available which enables teams like Miami to bring their 6 chartered fan buses up. Try getting tix to a Miami game in Miami in their 2,300 seat arena! Come to think of it, Miami is less than two hours away, why weren't people on this board at the game? We could have 10,000 people yelling and screaming in the Schott, but because it is built for concerts and sound deadening in the ceiling, you can still hear a pin drop. We can only hope that teams like North Dakota and Denver come into the Goggin and knock them off their pedestal. That Czarnik and Barber line is so dominant. There's a reason they are #2 in the country.

We as fans and an OSU community make it way too easy. The Schott is not intimidating for opposing teams at all. It seems OSU fans want to sit on their hands during the game and remain quiet. Hell a woman in front of us Friday night was crocheting and could care less about the game. We need to be LOUD and PROUD in the Schott, make it as uncomfortable for the opposing team as possible. The Knucklebucks do a great job, but fans need to join in. If you think not, go to a Miami game IN Miami, go to Michigan State, go to Michigan, go to Notre Dame...go to some of these other arenas and just see how intimidating their fans and environment is for OUR boys to play in when they are on the road. Once you do, you'll roll your eyes at what we do at the Schott to make it so easy for opposing teams to come in and take over our barn. This nice, mamby-pamby stuff needs to end. OSU fans have vocal cords, it's time to use them.

I understand "family friendly" which is what the Schott promotes. I get it, as does every other barn that we play in on the road. However this is hockey. Our team can only do so much on the ice, it's up to the fans to create the environment and make it uncomfortable as possible for the opposing team and their fans while supporting and promoting OUR boys. Bring your friends, family and co-workers to games. Do your part as a fan and help get MORE people in the Schott!

We do need to get our Booster group back. We do need to get fans together and travel with the team. It was refreshing to see so many OSU fans at the Joe last year for CCHA finals. We need a way to coordinate and organize! If you think Miami is horrible, just wait until Minnesota and Wisconsin come to town. Those folks are organized and travel on the road with the team to every game. It's going to get worse before it gets better. If you're tired of that **** "sieve, sieve, sieve, you let your whole team down" cheer, let's get our act together, as I absolutely despise it.

A few fans have created a Facebook group, The Scarlet Liners. https://www.facebook.com/groups/354826271290389/. They are trying to rally and coordinate! At least a few fans are trying to do their part. Their Mission Statement: "This purpose of this group is to create a strong and unified group of fans for Ohio State Men's and Women's hockey. Let's stop allowing The Schott or the old barn to be easy places to come into. Let's get loud, let's stand together, and let's support our boys and girls in scarlet and gray. The initial goal is NOT to become or act in the capacity of a booster group. Sexist, racist, homophobic talk/chants/cheers/etc will not be tolerated. This group is open to anyone who wants to support our hockey Buckeyes no matter their age, race, sex, sexual orientation, or even if they went to Michigan. If you're a fan that just wants to sit in your seat, be quiet, clap every once in awhile, you probably won't fit in. If you're the fan that likes to jump on their feet, cheer till you've lost your voice, and hate Michigan...you'll fit right in. Go Bucks!" Sounds like a group that I can get behind and hopefully start turning this thing around!

Send an email to Chris Schneider and/or Gene Smith and let your voice be heard. Let's get our traditions back. If you need their email addresses, PM me. Let's get our traditions and our barn back!

Please do something to help make change happen, other than to sit back on your keyboard and b**ch about it. B***ching about Oz, or what coulda, shoulda happened doesn't change anything. This is where we are today and we must deal with it. And for the eye rollers, yes, I am one that wanted a change in leadership away from Oz. I am willing to stand up and own it. So far, I am happy with the results. Are you?
                    Last edited by GreyGhost; 10-13-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

GreyGhost, I tried to get into that facebook page and it basically said it no longer existed.

Comment

Defense is where we're hurting right now. Miami scoring 14 seconds into the game was an ominous sign. I felt bad for our goalie to have that happen in his first collegiate start but our "D" let them in right to his doorstep.
                        I will add that tonight the Miami fans around where we were sitting were very pleasant & nice and I have no complaints whatsoever (except for us losing).

Comment

Oh totally. We should have anticipated that....especially at their home opener. I really felt bad for Tomkins.

Comment

Really Alum? Works for me, lemme check.

Comment

I hear ya...I felt it all the way back to Columbus. I know the team did too.

I'll give Rolick credit, he played all freshmen and sophmores tonite, including Tomkins for 60 minutes, except Gedig. Non-Conference, let's work this out and find our groove. I was happy for our performance in a hostile road trip.

Comment

If Miami is all about the skating & puck handling we should have countered not with trying so much to match them but with a more physical presence. Putting the hurt on Czarnik & Barber would have had positive results for us. The moment a Miami player touched the puck they should have been targeted - Old School! Where are the Hanson's when you need them? LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X