Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    UVM D Blake Doerring has transferred to Ohio State.
    I have yet to see anything about this online, but I will take your word for it. Maybe this will make up for a couple of the defectors.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
      The new leagues will definitely take some getting used to, but the competition should be top notch. Hoping we can continue our series, that way I can continue getting kicked out of the schott after having a few too many.
      Having too many and getting kicked out? No way! I don't believe that!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        I have yet to see anything about this online, but I will take your word for it. Maybe this will make up for a couple of the defectors.
        from The Burlington VT Free Press...

Blake Doerring transfers to Ohio State: UVM hockey coach Kevin Sneddon confirmed this week that junior defenseman Blake Doerring has transferred to Ohio State, marking the second transfer of a Catamount this summer.

Doerring missed all but four games this past season due to an injury that eventually needed season-ending surgery. He did not record any points.

As a freshman, Doerring contributed a goal and three assists in 29 games. Doerring must sit out a season before suiting up for the Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          from The Burlington VT Free Press...

Blake Doerring transfers to Ohio State: UVM hockey coach Kevin Sneddon confirmed this week that junior defenseman Blake Doerring has transferred to Ohio State, marking the second transfer of a Catamount this summer.

Doerring missed all but four games this past season due to an injury that eventually needed season-ending surgery. He did not record any points.

As a freshman, Doerring contributed a goal and three assists in 29 games. Doerring must sit out a season before suiting up for the Buckeyes.
          Thanks for finding that for me. Hopefully he will be a solid contributor in time.

Comment

Another blow to OSU today. Nick Magyar has signed with Kitchener of the OHL

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
              Another blow to OSU today. Nick Magyar has signed with Kitchener of the OHL
              I think this whole different direction thingy is going well.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
                I think this whole different direction thingy is going well.
                I would rather have kids decide to play juniors than to commit to some other college team. At this point (almost August), I couldn't care less who decommits and actually think the people who come by here to tell us about the defectors are just trying to get a rise out of us. I tend to agree with your sarcastic post, though, that things are not going very well. The decision to fire a respected coach like Mark Osiecki was obviously a knee-jerk decision with no regard for the consequences, not a thought-out one.

Comment

Devon Krogh signed with Gwinnet Gladiators ECHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
                    Devon Krogh signed with Gwinnet Gladiators ECHL.
                    I read that earlier today. Congrats to Devon!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                      The decision to fire a respected coach like Mark Osiecki was obviously a knee-jerk decision with no regard for the consequences, not a thought-out one.
                      It's easy to question a surprising (to fans) action such as the Oz firing when one does not know the whole story... there was a lot more to why he was let go than has or will be publically discussed. In the long run it will be the best path forward for all involved (Oz, tOSU, current and future players). He is in an environment (pro hockey) that is much more suitable to his style and approach to communication and coaching. tOSU players current and future have an outstanding coaching staff to move forward and develop with. It'll work out.
                      Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Arpod View Post
                        It's easy to question a surprising (to fans) action such as the Oz firing when one does not know the whole story... there was a lot more to why he was let go than has or will be publically discussed. In the long run it will be the best path forward for all involved (Oz, tOSU, current and future players). He is in an environment (pro hockey) that is much more suitable to his style and approach to communication and coaching. tOSU players current and future have an outstanding coaching staff to move forward and develop with. It'll work out.
                        If you read stories on both sides of this, the indication is that the action was surprising to Oz, too, not just the fans. I agree with you that things will work out. If Rohlik wins right away, and he should with the players we have coming back, this will become a distant memory.

Comment

You are overlooking one thing. Every hockey coach in the country is telling young kids...."You don't want to go to OSU, they fire coaches for no apparent reason. You should look elsewhere to be safe."

Until Gene Smith makes public a valid and plausible reason for the firing recruiting at OSU is dead on arrival. Gene may well have had his reasons, but the secretiveness of those reasons is killing the program. This year's squad needs to win and win BIG to begin to restore some credibility to the program.

If this team doesn't make a long and deep run this year the program is dead for five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                            You are overlooking one thing. Every hockey coach in the country is telling young kids...."You don't want to go to OSU, they fire coaches for no apparent reason. You should look elsewhere to be safe."

Until Gene Smith makes public a valid and plausible reason for the firing recruiting at OSU is dead on arrival. Gene may well have had his reasons, but the secretiveness of those reasons is killing the program. This year's squad needs to win and win BIG to begin to restore some credibility to the program.

If this team doesn't make a long and deep run this year the program is dead for five years.
                            I did overlook that because I didn't want to start the discussion all over again that we all had a few months ago when this went down. I agree with you 100% on everything and you can bet every college coach in the country is using Smith's knee-jerk firing of Osiecki to negative-recruit against us. I hope for Gene Smith's sake that his boy Rohlik does win big right away. Otherwise, you will be right and our program will be set back for years to come. As I said earlier, Smith obviously did not think about the consequences when he fired Osiecki.

Comment

Well said.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

[QUOTE=Draighlicht;5753482]You are overlooking one thing. Every hockey coach in the country is telling young kids...."You don't want to go to OSU, they fire coaches for no apparent reason. You should look elsewhere to be safe."

I disagree. A lot of players want to play in the BIG 10. Now that Ohio State is in the Big 10 that would be a huge selling point to the players that always wanted a shot at playing in it. What happens to players that commit and then the Head Coach quits or gets fired in a year or two , they can't just transfer to a different school because of the Coaching change.
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X