Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Understandable reaction. But the bigger story is that Friday/Saturday format survived mostly intact, despite all of the dire rumors. Consider the breakdown of the 22 Home Games:

Friday: 9 Games
    Saturday: 9 Games
    Sunday: 1 or 2 Games
    Monday: 1 or 2 Games
    Tuesday: 1 Game

Note that the second Michigan game might yet be on Sunday, March 2nd -- which would likely draw just fine. And who knows? Maybe Michigan is the one opponent that will draw well on a weeknight. Guess we'll find out on Monday, December 2nd.

It is too bad that the Home & Home with BG is on a pair of Tuesday nights. But hey, at least BG is still on the schedule. Miami as well. All things considered, the 2013-2014 home schedule is a very nice package.
    I am very happy that the schedule worked out the way it did.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
      Not gonna hear me complain about 21 out of 34 games being at home!
      With so many home games and always eating at them I can't help but wonder what the food will be like. Sodexo is out at OSU and it will be interesting what menu the new company will formulate for us but I would be very surprised if they're less expensive than Sodexo.

Comment

I'll probably do my usual and make sure I have eaten before I get to the games. That way, all I will have to get is the usual $4 12-oz bottled water.

Comment

Anyone else watching this Boston vs New York NHL Playoff series? Matt Bartkowski is showing well in the playoffs. I'm happy for him.

Comment

YES , he scored a goal a few games back in the playoffs. I'm happy for him.
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

133 days until the Toronto exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                133 days until the Toronto exhibition game.
                Love it! Someone is already starting the countdown! 131 days until the Toronto exhibition game!

Comment

No news is good news...Zach Stepan confirmed to Ohio State?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by greyghost View Post
                      no news is good news...zach stepan confirmed to ohio state?

thumbs up.
                      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

I have yet to read or find anything indicating that Zach Stepan is not still committed to tOSU. Cannot wait to see him in Scarlet & Gray!

Comment

I have yet to read or find anything indicating that Zach Stepan is not still committed to tOSU. Cannot wait to see him in Scarlet & Gray!
                          I'm with ya.... cannot wait for the season to start! Nice schedule that will provide ample opportunity to take some road trips and see our boys on the road!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                            I'm with ya.... cannot wait for the season to start! Nice schedule that will provide ample opportunity to take some road trips and see our boys on the road!
                            I am stoked about the schedule. I could be wrong on this, but I do not remember ever having a schedule where 21 of the 34 games are at home.

Comment

I am stoked about the schedule. I could be wrong on this, but I do not remember ever having a schedule where 21 of the 34 games are at home.
                              Just my theory, but I think this team was built in both personnel and schedule for this coming season. I think this season was the goal that Oz and Rohlik were pointing toward from day 1. They played a ton of road games last year and my guess will be that they will play a ton next year in paybacks to Mercyhurst, Niagara, Canisius, etc. I think they have the personnel that they wanted - a few key seniors, a ton of now experienced juniors, some key sophomores and freshmen.

That is why I hate the coaching change so much.....it just makes things much more difficult.

Comment

Stepan to play for Minnesota Mankato per US Hockey Recruiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X