• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Here we go! http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/spo...042413aaa.html

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Looks like a good group of recruits coming in this year and the next few:

2013-14 BREVIG, Drew Brookings Blizzard (NAHL)
    2013-14 STORK, Luke Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)
    2015-16 SHEEHY, Tyler Burnsville HS (MN-HS)
    2013-14 MOSER, Janik Heilbronn Jr. (GerJr)
    2013-14 HEALEY, Josh Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL)
    2013-14 VALLEAU, Nolan Chicago Steel (USHL)
    2013-14 GUST, David Fargo Force (USHL)
    2014-15 PAVELEK, Dylan USA Under 17 Team (NTDP)
    2013-14 TOMKINS, Matt Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL)
    2014-15 MAGYAR, Nick Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
    2014-15 WEIS, Matthew Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
    2014-15 SCHILKEY, Nicholas Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
    2013-14 STEPAN, Zach Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)
    2013-14 WATSON, Cliff Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)

Comment

Good Luck to the new players & the new Head Coach Rohlik.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

With the current players coming back, along with the great recruiting classes, there's no reason Rohlik should not win immediately.

Comment

I hear ya.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
            I hear ya.
            Yeah, if we really want to change the culture around here, the first thing we need to do is quit making excuses as to why we don't win.

Comment

This will be a big step for Coach Rohlik as his very first D-1 Head Coaching job will be in the BIG-10. What a HONOR for him.
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity and builds something special here as you don't often see someone go from no head coaching experience to the head coach of a program like Ohio State's. Ohio State isn't normally a place that hires unproven assistants like Rohlik and allows him to "learn on the job." So, yes, I would agree, it's a big step for him, and a big honor as well, because it doesn't usually happen at Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  With the current players coming back, along with the great recruiting classes, there's no reason Rohlik should not win immediately.
                  Ummm three reasons: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan

Comment

the cost of competing just got a little easier. The Big Ten Network today announced that each of the six teams will receive $2 million each for next season.

Comment

1) $2,000,000 I guess that takes care of the Basketball or Football team having to subsidize mens hockey!
                      2) Rohlik was the head coach of one of the top High School teams in Minnesota, Osiecki was the Head Coach of a USHL team. Rohlik has more college coaching experience than Osiecki did coming into Ohio State 3 years ago. Ohio State hockey hired a coach 3 years ago with zero head coaching experience at the college level, how much experience did Markel have before taking the reins? Give Rohlik the chance to prove it as he has earned this opportunity and deserves it.
                      And yes,....it is an honor

Comment

Originally posted by fangers View Post
                        Ummm three reasons: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan
                        Non factors for us in other sports, why should hockey be any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                          Non factors for us in other sports, why should hockey be any different?
                          Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dump it In View Post
                            1) $2,000,000 I guess that takes care of the Basketball or Football team having to subsidize mens hockey!
                            2) Rohlik was the head coach of one of the top High School teams in Minnesota, Osiecki was the Head Coach of a USHL team. Rohlik has more college coaching experience than Osiecki did coming into Ohio State 3 years ago. Ohio State hockey hired a coach 3 years ago with zero head coaching experience at the college level, how much experience did Markel have before taking the reins? Give Rohlik the chance to prove it as he has earned this opportunity and deserves it.
                            And yes,....it is an honor
                            Green Bay has been one of the top teams in the USHL over the years and Osiecki won some titles there, so he knew how to build a championship program. In addition to being the head coach, Osiecki was also the GM for Green Bay. I would actually put a USHL team above a HS team, but that's just my opinion. Having said that, I am all for giving Rohlik a chance to prove he is the right guy for the job, and with the talented players we have back, along with the recruits, he will have a golden opportunity to prove himself right away by taking our talent and winning right away.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                              Green Bay has been one of the top teams in the USHL over the years and Osiecki won some titles there, so he knew how to build a championship program. In addition to being the head coach, Osiecki was also the GM for Green Bay. I would actually put a USHL team above a HS team, but that's just my opinion. Having said that, I am all for giving Rohlik a chance to prove he is the right guy for the job, and with the talented players we have back, along with the recruits, he will have a golden opportunity to prove himself right away by taking our talent and winning right away.
                              The secret is out recruit State of Minnesota kids and win a National Championship. 30 of the last 35 teams winning a title have had a Minnesotan on their roster, even BC. This is a good hire even if it were uneventful.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                              X