Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Just here to genuinely say that I feel for you guys. I was really impressed with what Oz was building there and I think what you are seeing now is really unfair to you fans.

Hope they get things leveled out. Best wishes.

Comment

Sorry guys... but I knew this was coming. Tough to lose a player like that this late in the game
      University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....innesota-state

Tough loss. Stepan was our star recruit. It appears OSU put a condition on his release that he not attend another Big Ten school. Hopefully things work out for both sides in this. I can't blame the kid. He signed up to play for Coach Oz, not Rohlik. He has to make the best decision for him, and he felt the best decision was to play elsewhere. Tough break for us, great for Minnesota State.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
          Stepan to play for Minnesota Mankato per US Hockey Recruiting.
          He's just one good player. It's not like he was the whole team. It gives others a chance to prove themself's.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Stepan to play for Minnesota Mankato per US Hockey Recruiting.
            Minnesota Mankato..

You my friend, are an idiot.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Not unusual to lose some players, especially Freshman or incoming Fresman who are early in their college careers, to leave when the coach that recruited them leaves. Although student/athletes to not chose
              a school based on the coach being there for four more years, that's easier said than done. The key is to limit those instances toa minimum. Also, as a former coach, I always said that I didn't want a player who didin't want ot be there - that can develop into a big problem. I have no problem with the "string" attached that he not play for a Big Ten school.

Comment

Apologies for straying off the topic of the thread (Coach Rohlik) ..but I was just reading our local paper and came across this story. Wow! Shocked Crazy stuff..

"These guys are running college sports?" http://www.adn.com/2013/05/30/292138...e-running.html

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaRox View Post
                  Apologies for straying off the topic of the thread (Coach Rohlik) ..but I was just reading our local paper and came across this story. Wow! Shocked Crazy stuff..

"These guys are running college sports?" http://www.adn.com/2013/05/30/292138...e-running.html
                  He's certainly no saint, but what that article failed to mention is that he has raised in excess of $1 billion for the university in donations and research grants. The athletic department is self supporting and relies on no university funds so everything he raises goes into non athletic infrastructure and academics.

and for what it's worth he's only the second highest paid employee of the university.
                  Last edited by Draighlicht; 05-31-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

He's certainly no saint, but what that article failed to mention is that he has raised in excess of $1 billion for the university in donations and research grants. The athletic department is self supporting and relies on no university funds so everything he raises goes into non athletic infrastructure and academics.

and for what it's worth he's only the second highest paid employee of the university.
                    LOL, not to mention that our football coach is the highest paid employee, and he is a devout Catholic!

Comment

The irony is if he told Michigan jokes no one would have given a dam*. (Oh I don't give a dam* for the whole state of Michigan, The whole state of .......). LOL!

Comment

Season ticket holders should have gotten an email survey from the Schott late last week. Don't forget to send it in!

Comment

Congrats to former Puck Buck Hugo Boisvert. Chosen for OSU athletics hall of fame

Comment

Congrats to former Puck Buck Hugo Boisvert. Chosen for OSU athletics hall of fame
                            Way overdue. Two-time All-American, led us to the 1998 Frozen Four. Better late than never, though! Hope I can get tickets to the game when they have the ceremony.

Comment

Not surprisingly- Dougherty and sheehy have decommitted. Nothing against the new coach but firing osiecki is going to be as bad a decision as I originally thought

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
                                Not surprisingly- Dougherty and sheehy have decommitted. Nothing against the new coach but firing osiecki is going to be as bad a decision as I originally thought

I don't think the pressure will be on Coach Rohlik the first year. I bet he has already started looking ahead to his own recruits in the coming years. I will judge him on his 2nd & 3rd years as the Head Coach.
                                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                                X