Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

History has been made first ever big ten hockey victory. I don't think it was their best game but I'll take the victory. Tomorrow they have to take better care of the puck and stop throwing blind passes those killed the especially in the neutral zone. Tomkins didn't have one of his best games either 2 soft goals if u ask me but he did slam the door in the 3rd after the offense got the lead. What can u say about Dzingel. He has now scored a point in 11 straight games. Anyone remember when he couldn't score at the start of the year? Going for a sweep tomorrow. They ned to do a better job on Berry.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      History has been made first ever big ten hockey victory. What can u say about Dzingel. He has now scored a point in 11 straight games. Anyone remember when he couldn't score at the start of the year.
      I liked Dzingel hat trick , but he was cheap when he did a one-timer at the goalie towards the end of the game on a delayed penalty against the Bucks . Not good.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
        History has been made first ever big ten hockey victory. I don't think it was their best game but I'll take the victory. Tomorrow they have to take better care of the puck and stop throwing blind passes those killed the especially in the neutral zone. Tomkins didn't have one of his best games either 2 soft goals if u ask me but he did slam the door in the 3rd after the offense got the lead. What can u say about Dzingel. He has now scored a point in 11 straight games. Anyone remember when he couldn't score at the start of the year? Going for a sweep tomorrow. They ned to do a better job on Berry.

I'll take it. It was also the first Hat Trick in B1G history as well. Go Bucks!

Comment

Very intense 1st period for the bucks setting a punishing pace for Sparty and more hitting by us that I saw all season. If all the so close shots went in it we would have scored like 12 times in the 1st! Dasilva gave a punishing hit tonight like I've been hoping to see from him all the time he's been here! He could have cost us a goal though as he got into an exchange in front of our net and completely stopped watching the puck. Can't let your opponents bait you while play is going on and lose your focus on what you're supposed to be doing.
          Shots were being rained so hard quite a few pucks to the crowd tonight.
          Looking forward tomorrow for a chance at the sweep!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
            I liked Dzingel hat trick , but he was cheap when he did a one-timer at the goalie towards the end of the game on a delayed penalty against the Bucks . Not good.
            I'm not sure if he knew the penalty was bring called. If he did Then it was pretty lame to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              Question for Goldy: Is Tyler Lou Nanne's Grandson?
              Yes, he is.

Comment

Good thing Dzingel got the hat trick when he did as Wisconsin repeated the trick a few hours later. Also I'm not sure he knew a penalty was coming as he was timing up his shot, but no matter. Lets get the sweep

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                  Good thing Dzingel got the hat trick when he did as Wisconsin repeated the trick a few hours later. Also I'm not sure he knew a penalty was coming as he was timing up his shot, but no matter. Lets get the sweep
                  He knew!! If he didn't he wouldn't of cranked up from the slot with no one around. Total bush league.

Comment

Michigan State picks up two points tonight with a shootout win. We didn't play particularly well (understatement ... we were sloppy with the puck all night). I suppose I should give the Spartans credit for tightening things up defensively in tonight's game. We were fortunate to score the tying goal on a two-on-one to send it into OT and a shootout. Not a bad weekend, though, with the Buckeyes getting four of the six points to move to 11-6-1. Things will get tougher next weekend at Minnesota. We will need to do a much better job managing the puck if we want to get any points up there.

Comment

I did not seeing Sparty playing better tonight, I saw us playing worse. Non of the intensity and drive from last night. Perhaps only a few short spurts.

Comment

Not a very good game tonight for the buckeyes. They were sloppy with the pack and once again making blind passes to no one. Way to many times tonight they took shots right into the michigan state defender. Now I will give Sparty some credit for making adjustments. They took time and space away from the buckeyes In The offensive zone all night long. They also kept the buckeyes to the outside for the most part and when the buckeyes would get chances their goalie made the saves. Now on the buckeye goal most of the credit should go to Lundy he did most of the work with the forecheck causing the turnover that led to the tying goal. I will take a 4 point weekend anytime. Off to the land of the lakes next weekend and will be tested by maybe the best team in the league,
                        Last edited by klbaum1077; 01-12-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Round 2 vs. Minnesota in about an hour. I thought we played extremely well last night and hopefully the boys can turn that confidence into some goals tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
                            Round 2 vs. Minnesota in about an hour. I thought we played extremely well last night and hopefully the boys can turn that confidence into some goals tonight!
                            I thought they played very well too they just couldn't get any rebounds from Wilcox. They have to get guys to the front of the net tonight. I am interested to see how they adjust to the Bigger Ice tonight.

Comment

Your boys are better than advertised. Best of luck until early March.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

As much as i am disappointed they didnt get any points out of this weekend i am also proud of them. They didnt lay down and let the Gophers run them over. A few breakdowns will cost you against a great team and Minnesota is just that. On to Wisconsin next weekend with different results coming.

Comment

Working...
                                X