Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Nice job by the Buckeyes tonight. You could tell it was the first game back from break as they were sloppy with the puck for a good portion of the night, but they were able to break open what had been a close game with three unanswered goals in the third period. Final score was 6-3. Let's hope they can finish the sweep tomorrow night. It would be nice to get to ten wins before the meat grinder Big Ten portion of the schedule resumes.

Comment

Actually, I stand corrected. The Buckeyes were down 3-2 in the second period, so they actually scored four unanswered goals. Attendance was 4,225, not bad I guess. Not to get on a tangent about attendance, but we'll see if fans suddenly start coming to games since there is now a Big Ten Hockey Conference and we're playing teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin instead of Ferris State and Lake Superior State.

Comment

Nice to see the guys put a big number on the board. Dzingel stays hot and the new goalie gets a win in his debut. Go get that 10th win tomorrow and get ready for the Spartans in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          Actually, I stand corrected. The Buckeyes were down 3-2 in the second period, so they actually scored four unanswered goals. Attendance was 4,225, not bad I guess. Not to get on a tangent about attendance, but we'll see if fans suddenly start coming to games since there is now a Big Ten Hockey Conference and we're playing teams like Minnesota and Wisconsin instead of Ferris State and Lake Superior State.
          I think we would have had 6000 attendance easy if the students were there and not gone on break.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            I think we would have had 6000 attendance easy if the students were there and not gone on break.
            I agree. Missed the Knucklebucks last night!

Comment

Buckeyes complete the sweep with a 7-2 win! Next up for the Bucks will be a home series with Michigan State on 1/10 - 1/11. After starting this season 0-3, 10-6 has a decent ring to it. Now we need to get some wins in the Big Ten! Go Bucks!

Comment

Buckeyes complete the sweep with a 7-2 win! Next up for the Bucks will be a home series with Michigan State on 1/10 - 1/11. After starting this season 0-3, 10-6 has a decent ring to it. Now we need to get some wins in the Big Ten! Go Bucks!
                Great sweep this weekend! No band, no students, but Section 122 was loud and proud with The Scarlet Liners. #GoBucks!

https://www.facebook.com/TheScarletLiners

The group is growing as will Ohio State Hockey!

Comment

We were in section 123 for Saturday's game. I like the way this team is playing. Hopefully they can carry the momentum of going 10-3 after the 0-3 start into the second half and make some noise in the BTHC!

Comment

Happy New Year to all my buds here on USCHO.com! Go Bucks!

Comment

Alright everyone, let's get this thread going again! Anyone going to the Michigan State games this weekend? I will be at one or the other, not sure if I will be able to make both, but I am definitely going to one of them. MSU's sophomore goalie, Jake Hildebrand, has been playing some good hockey lately and shut out Michigan in the GLI, 3-0. I am fairly certain he will get the start both nights. OTOH, I like the way we are playing these days. We are one of the top scoring teams in the country and we are getting decent goaltending from our goalies as well. Let's hear some other thoughts on this series! It's the second half of the season and it's all about Big Ten Hockey! Now that I have looked at the schedule, Friday's game starts at 6:30 and is on BTN for those who are not able to make it. Saturday's game starts at 7:05. It's time to get some wins in conference and move up in the standings!

Comment

Alright everyone, let's get this thread going again! Anyone going to the Michigan State games this weekend? I will be at one or the other, not sure if I will be able to make both, but I am definitely going to one of them. MSU's sophomore goalie, Jake Hildebrand, has been playing some good hockey lately and shut out Michigan in the GLI, 3-0. I am fairly certain he will get the start both nights. OTOH, I like the way we are playing these days. We are one of the top scoring teams in the country and we are getting decent goaltending from our goalies as well. Let's hear some other thoughts on this series! It's the second half of the season and it's all about Big Ten Hockey! Now that I have looked at the schedule, Friday's game starts at 6:30 and is on BTN for those who are not able to make it. Saturday's game starts at 7:05. It's time to get some wins in conference and move up in the standings!
                        I am coming down for both games this weekend. Michigan state is playing much better hockey than they played at the beginning of the season. Hildebrand is very solid remember last year that series at Munn he only gave up 3 goals and lost both games. They have to get a lead and make Michigan state play from behind they dont score much and are challenged offensively. I will be interested to see who is in goal for the Buckeyes. Is Tomkins ready? Do they split the series with Davis and Fry if Tomkins is not ready. If he is ready how do they handle that? 18 straight Big Ten Games to end the season I am very much looking forward to it. They need a split at worst out of this series. Going on the road the next 2 weekends to Minnesota and Wisconsin is going to be tough enough but if they are winless is going to be even tougher. Go Bucks see everyone on Friday night.

Comment

Congrats on a nice recruit in Tyler Nanne committing.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                            Thanks Goldy! From what I have read, we are getting a good one with Tyler. I read that he is up for the Mr. Hockey Award in Minnesota, so getting him is a big deal for our program. Rohlik seems to be doing a nice job with recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                              Another example of Minnesota's "hockey royalty" choosing an out-of-state option. Feels strange, yet it's understandable. Every player has the right to step out of his family's shadow and make his own mark. We're certainly fortunate that Tyler chose OSU as his destination.

Question for Goldy: Is Tyler Lou Nanne's Grandson?

Comment

It's game day just a few hours and the puck will be dropped. Who is in goal? Coach would not give a hint to that when asked yesterday. If they are going to win they have to get a early lead or the first goal when it is scored.if you let the Spartans get a lead they know how to defend it. Keeping Wolf and Berry off the score sheet would help a lot too. See you at the game. Go Bucks?

Comment

Working...
                                X