• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied
    Re: Ohio State Buckeyes - Coach Rohlik - First Year in the Big Ten

Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
    But we are back at the Schott for MN the following week, so that doesn't make sense either. Maybe they ripped the ice out last year because the regular season CCHA schedule was over in time for wrestling.
    That's exactly the reason, all home games for us were over however Grey Ghost is right. They do indeed remove the ice completely for the high school wrestling and the process take 2 days. To install the ice takes 3 days and 10,000 gallons of water to make one inch of ice at the Schott.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-02-2014, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by GreyGhost View Post
    They tear the ice out for the wrestling championships...leastwise they did last year.
    But we are back at the Schott for MN the following week, so that doesn't make sense either. Maybe they ripped the ice out last year because the regular season CCHA schedule was over in time for wrestling.

Leave a comment:

• GreyGhost
    replied
    Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Wasn't even thinking of that now that the CCHA is no more. LOL!
    Actually the wrestling ends March 1st. so any other things scheduled in conflict with us playing at the Schott on the 2nd? The Schott's schedule says no so I go back to my original premises that playing downtown on the last day of The Arnold is promotional, not necessity.
    They tear the ice out for the wrestling championships...leastwise they did last year.

Leave a comment:

• OSUmab
    replied

Needed 6 this weekend and got it. Glad we came back yesterday did not want a bad showing on National TV. Good crowds too.

Stick with Frey until he loses is my guess.

Where was Alex S yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

If I compute future averages I probably won't include our game at Nationwide either as there is no way to determine if it will draw more, less, or no difference which is why I left off campus venue numbers out for other teams as well.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    What am I missing here? Didn't OSU at Minnesota draw 45K for the outdoor game? The figure for the gophers should be higher than this.
    I thought it would not give an accurate average to include a specialty event like that so that attendance number was not included in figuring Minnesota's average. I'm looking for what is average for regular home conference games in the team's regular venue. Sorry I didn't mention that exclusion before.

Leave a comment:

• Draighlicht
    replied

In regards to attendance numbers I calculated how we compare to the rest of the conference in AVERAGE attendance home conference games through this weekend.
    Wisconsin - 11,524
    Minnesota - 9878
    Ohio State - 6337
    Penn State - 6076
    Michigan State - 5984
    Michigan - 5800
    What am I missing here? Didn't OSU at Minnesota draw 45K for the outdoor game? The figure for the gophers should be higher than this.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

In regards to attendance numbers I calculated how we compare to the rest of the conference in AVERAGE attendance home conference games through this weekend.
    Wisconsin - 11,524
    Minnesota - 9878
    Ohio State - 6337
    Penn State - 6076
    Michigan State - 5984
    Michigan - 5800

Now keep in mind that numbers for Michigan and Michigan State are limited by the size of their arenas otherwise they would undoubtedly be higher.
    Official capacity for Penn State's Pegula Arena is 5782 though obviously they are finding ways to squeeze more in.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    with the premium pairwise puts on quality road wins they really need to win the game in Ann Arbor.
    You hit that on straight on if they are going to climb the latter they need to win at Yost.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Actually the wrestling ends March 1st. so any other things scheduled in conflict with us playing at the Schott on the 2nd? The Schott's schedule says no so I go back to my original premises that playing downtown on the last day of The Arnold is promotional, not necessity.
    Yea no reason they couldnt play the sunday game at the Schott.

Leave a comment:

• Draighlicht
    replied

with the premium pairwise puts on quality road wins they really need to win the game in Ann Arbor.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    They had to move the game because of State Wrestling in the Schott that weekend.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-02-2014, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    The Arnold is the week before isnt it? They had to move the game because of State Wrestling in the Schott that weekend.
    The Arnold is the 27th-2nd.

Leave a comment:

• klbaum1077
    replied

Average attendance so far this season for our B1G conference only home games is 6337. I think well see a large jump when Wisconsin and Minnesota come to town. Not certain how many will come to the Michigan game at Nationwide but it's an interesting strategy to have it there while the Arnold is going on down there to try and draw from that crowd.
    The Arnold is the week before isnt it? They had to move the game because of State Wrestling in the Schott that weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

Average attendance so far this season for our B1G conference only home games is 6337. I think well see a large jump when Wisconsin and Minnesota come to town. Not certain how many will come to the Michigan game at Nationwide but it's an interesting strategy to have it there while the Arnold is going on down there to try and draw from that crowd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X