This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU hockey 2013-14

USA Under 18 team is very good. They have beaten top ranked big name schools before so a loss to them isn't the end of the world. Too early to tell whether this team could contend or be a bust. The real season starts next weekend.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
      USA Under 18 team is very good. They have beaten top ranked big name schools before so a loss to them isn't the end of the world. Too early to tell whether this team could contend or be a bust. The real season starts next weekend.
      One must also remember the lineup you saw today is not likely to be the same one you see for the opener, nor were the PP & PK. A lot of players on the bottom end of the roster saw a lot more playing time as coaches use the exhibitions to evaluate and decide who gets on the bus on who gets the coat & tie on game night.
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

New season.

I think we need a nice new thread.

So I am starting a nice new thread.

Comment

Mrazek was amazing for the Griffs last season in their Calder Cup run!

Comment

Despite the loss on Sunday, I like a lot of what I saw. I liked the fact that they were shooting the puck much more often, especially on the power play. The PP looked pretty good and they had many good chances. USA is a much better team than most of the Canadian college teams, and they can skate and shoot better than most. They've also been practicing for a couple of months, and have some games under thier belt, where the Lakers are just getting going. I thought that Murdock looked a little better than KK, but both looked sharp for the most part. I think that Robert Morris will be a good opponant this weekend, and will test the Lakers. Should be some close games.

Just to be clear: I support the Lakers. I have no control over what teams they play, what league they play in, who the coach is, or anything else. The only thing I have contol over is whether my kids and I are in a seat watching them play, and rooting them on. Win or lose, it's a great way to spend time together, and better than them being in front of a tv, computer, or x-box.

Comment

Originally posted by romo View Post
              Robert Morris may prove you wrong next month.
              Emphasis on "may".

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
              X