• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gscott13
    replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
    http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...ach-next-week/ - UMaine narrows candidate list, hopes to name men’s hockey coach next week
    fairly shrewd move on abbott's part... he knows that given the fans desire for jimmy and how that played out, that he is going to be second guessed at every turn with whomever is hired... not releasing a list of finalists "out of respect for their current positions" allows him to avoid the "what if they had hired so and so over so and so" debate...

Leave a comment:

• revoman
    replied

Originally posted by MichaelMaineFan View Post
    . If Corks IS the man, why would he be selected and then accept the position to coach the kids later in the year? HIS time, as the new head coach, would be better spent trying to resurrect a dismally mediocre program to national prominence. Let someone else do the USA stuff.
    You accept the USAH position to meet the kids and to open up recruiting doors for those that have not already "committed". As I recall, Walsh did quite a bit with some of the USAH developmental teams as well...

Leave a comment:

• sandiegoblkbr
    replied

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    The "DRAMA" continues at UMaine Hockey. I don't know what to think...it has turned from interesting to whats next(Abbotts Follies..?)
    A lackluster and pathetic list.......let's hope that Larry was drinking heavily when he wrote the article.

And it's time for Maine to stop worrying about facilities and start concentrating on increasing coaching salaries to a level that at least gives Maine teams a chance of having a quality coach someday........I think that the old saying "you get what you pay for" definitely describes Maine's current stable of coaches.

Leave a comment:

• revoman
    replied

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Been a lot of fun to watch Jimmy and Goose this year.

Howard has been the difference for the Wings so far, and Nyquist is developing rapidly, though still perhaps a little too "Swedish" in his own end. He's coming along for sure, but Babcock doesn't play him much if he has the lead, and with good reason.

I think that Goose has benefitted from watching Datsyuk, who is the best 2-way guy in the world right now, IMO... I'm thinking that Nyquist has a chance to be compared to him, if he continues to pay attention to his elders.
    I was noticing it was a lot of neutral zone and offensive zone faceoffs as well as the last 30-45 seconds of powerplays...but he is for sure making a difference and will become one HELL of a player. Good stuff, for sure...and nothing that another year or two of experience won't handle. Right now he bounces between the second and third line depending on the situation along with short PP shifts.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
    http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...ach-next-week/ - UMaine narrows candidate list, hopes to name men’s hockey coach next week
    The "DRAMA" continues at UMaine Hockey. I don't know what to think...it has turned from interesting to whats next(Abbotts Follies..?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X