X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Last year was an exception. Usually the team is someplace like East Lansing, Fairbanks or Amherst for Homecoming.
    Add another year to that "exception." In 2009 Football and Hockey were both on campus for Homecoming. Football vs. Richmond and Hockey vs. Michigan St. I remember it well because I pulled double duty marching and pep band that Saturday: Football during the day, Hockey at night.

Comment

Maine hockey starts with a broom

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        I think Bob could have done well at Maine, wasn't the right time for him. I too hope he gets the Alabama job. Be great if he could turn that program around
        Yep, just wasnt the right time. Who knows, maybe he replaces Red in 10 years when Corkum becomes 55 years old and Red is ready to retire. That is if Corkum still has the passion burning for Maine hockey. A more seasoned person and coach by then.
        sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by revoman View Post
          Parking for football, alumni events, the "craft" fair and all the other stuff going on could not be cleared out in time to accommodate a hockey game. It's more of a 'campus community' thing. I think one year in the 7 that I had tickets they had one the same weekend...it was a nightmare.
          I was up there that year and went to the game. It wasn't that bad........then again my memory is a little fuzzy! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Spy View Post
            Matt Mangene and Gary Prolman were on the AM JAB this morning talking about the event... Sounds like a very good cause... if you are looking to get a coffee today, go to Timmy Ho's, and if you're feeling generous, drop your change in the donation box... those donations and all profits from today's sales at all Tim Horton's locations in the US and Canada go to support these camps. Last year they raised $11 million.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              ......... Who knows, maybe he replaces Red in 10 years when Corkum becomes 55 years old and Red is ready to retire............
              I want to see "Red" be successful as the head coach. If he doesn't meet fans expectations and season ticket sales drop (like under Tim), he won't be at Maine for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                I want to see "Red" be successful as the head coach. If he doesn't meet fans expectations and season ticket sales drop (like under Tim), he won't be at Maine for 10 years.
                I think he will do well. A lot of that will hinge on how good his assistants are on the recruiting front... from an Xs and Os standpoint, he will be fine...

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                  He must be high on UAH Chargers list to be the next coach.
                  I think that would certainly give Corkum a low pressure chance to cut his teeth as a College Head Coach... it would be a good hire if UAH went with him...

Comment

UAA has finally gotten back to where they were weeks ago in their search... 6 finalists named... no one overwhelming... for as frustrating as our prolonged search was, at least we were not Seawolves fans...

Comment

and a final merciful 1000th post to get rid of this timmay! tainted thread...

Comment

Good counting.

Comment

Working...
                        X