X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I vaguely remember hearing that the game in Portland was against Army but I have no recollection of where I heard that. Homecoming is the weekend of 10/18-19 so if tradition holds, the hockey team will be on the road someplace. Vermont has that weekend open, so it could be there. That would mean the schedule would go 2@UVM, 2 vs UMA, 2@UMA, 2 vs UVM on consecutive weekends. Both teams also have 11/29-30 and 1/31-2/1 off, so the games could be then.
    I'll never understand why year after year the hockey team plays away games for homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
      I'll never understand why year after year the hockey team plays away games for homecoming.
      Last year, Maine Football play UNH at Homecoming and lost 28-21 on October 20th. The hockey team play St. Lawrence that night and lost 5-1. I should note the women's ice hockey team played that at home that day as well.
      You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
      ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
      ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
      ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Maine isn't playing Army because they've already released their schedule and Maine isn't on it.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
          Last year, Maine Football play UNH at Homecoming and lost 28-21 on October 20th. The hockey team play St. Lawrence that night and lost 5-1. I should note the women's ice hockey team played that at home that day as well.
          Last year was an exception. Usually the team is someplace like East Lansing, Fairbanks or Amherst for Homecoming.
          Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          Maine isn't playing Army because they've already released their schedule and Maine isn't on it.
          Good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            Has Maine's Schedule been completed yet..? 20 H.E. games -- OCC games; 2 UMass/2 UVM/2 St.Lawrence/2 AIC/1 Quinnipiac/Fla Classic 1 Princeton,2nd gm either UNH or Cornell...so far that's 31 games accounted for with 3 games/opponets left...have they decided on who Maine plays @ Portland.
            Quinnipiac has an open weekend 10/18-19. Maine could also go down for a game 11/29 or 12/1 but Qpac already plays PC on Wednesday and UMA on Saturday.

Teams with one open OOC game:
            Bentley, Sacred Heart, Mercyhust, Niagara, Cornell, Penn State, Ferris State. Also UML (4) and Merrimack (2).

Mercyhurst on 12/20 would be the best bet for a Portland game.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Parking for football, alumni events, the "craft" fair and all the other stuff going on could not be cleared out in time to accommodate a hockey game. It's more of a 'campus community' thing. I think one year in the 7 that I had tickets they had one the same weekend...it was a nightmare.
              Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Not shocking Corkum won't be back

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/06/0...-hockey-coach/
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  As expected. Looking forward to seeing who Red hires.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    Corkum will certainly land on his feet....I hope he gets the Alabama Huntsville job. No question he would have them playing tough, hard nosed hockey. Best of luck to him and his family. Clean slate at Maine...also very interested in Reds picks for assistants.
                    sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      Corkum will certainly land on his feet....I hope he gets the Alabama Huntsville job. No question he would have them playing tough, hard nosed hockey. Best of luck to him and his family. Clean slate at Maine...also very interested in Reds picks for assistants.
                      I think Bob could have done well at Maine, wasn't the right time for him. I too hope he gets the Alabama job. Be great if he could turn that program around
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I think Bob could have done well at Maine, wasn't the right time for him. I too hope he gets the Alabama job. Be great if he could turn that program around
                        Ayuh.

Comment

There's really only one way that program can go. Well, two ways: it could also go away.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

He must be high on UAH Chargers list to be the next coach.

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2013/06/04/at-m...ingly-accepts/

Comment

Right decision not to bring back Corkum. When a new head coach is hired there can not be any remnants of the old coaches, particularly when they were lobbying hard for the head coach position. Corkum couldn't recruit which was also another reason to bring in some one new. Both Tim and Bob will do well elsewhere in hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X