X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    I am not sure I can advocate that. This would cause a he11 of a lot of confusion. We would have to have two red's... Wally would be big red and Gendron would be little red. God help us if there is success - and then as time sets in - everyone would want more red. And you can see how convoluted this would become.

Let's keep Wally holding up the supports at one end and doing his best to keep the refs in line. Our 6th man.
    At least folks would know why they called me Red . I went into alfond this morning looking to change my seats. Arthritis in my lower back makes those seats useless to me. When they redid the arena they took the space behind the upper row and the concrete from 16 inches to about 6 inches, no can sit in my seats anymore. In fairness I rarely did anyway but.... My wife would like to and even she doesn't fit in those seats now,very uncomfortable. So not sure what I'm going to do. Can't change seats until after tickets go out and come back to see who wants what.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I see 2 younger guys as Assts. Red said he was beholden to Shawn for taking a chance on him, I see him taking chances in that regard also.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        At least folks would know why they called me Red . I went into alfond this morning looking to change my seats. Arthritis in my lower back makes those seats useless to me. When they redid the arena they took the space behind the upper row and the concrete from 16 inches to about 6 inches, no can sit in my seats anymore. In fairness I rarely did anyway but.... My wife would like to and even she doesn't fit in those seats now,very uncomfortable. So not sure what I'm going to do. Can't change seats until after tickets go out and come back to see who wants what.
        Well, first of all it is good you aren't opting out! Second of all, you ducked an let her take one of the noggin... so her well being wasn't a concern and shouldn't be for any self respecting Mainer. I am just kidding and will go to he11 for that probably.

But, I do think you would have a hard time in any seat - let's face it. If you find a seat good for your lower back in that place your knees and legs will suffer. Me think the best rout would be to pull some strings to somehow get a handicap tag. Think about it - good parking - nice chairs behind the glass. You can use your head and find out what some sort of ailment you have... or she has... there has to be something you can come up with. And once you do - I say go all out and make sure it aligns with the "medicinal use" category. If you do pull this off then you can adopt me.

Now I am assuredly going to he11. But oh well - it will be quite the smashing partaaay.

Comment

Well, first of all it is good you aren't opting out! Second of all, you ducked an let her take one of the noggin... so her well being wasn't a concern and shouldn't be for any self respecting Mainer. I am just kidding and will go to he11 for that probably.

But, I do think you would have a hard time in any seat - let's face it. If you find a seat good for your lower back in that place your knees and legs will suffer. Me think the best rout would be to pull some strings to somehow get a handicap tag. Think about it - good parking - nice chairs behind the glass. You can use your head and find out what some sort of ailment you have... or she has... there has to be something you can come up with. And once you do - I say go all out and make sure it aligns with the "medicinal use" category. If you do pull this off then you can adopt me.

Now I am assuredly going to he11. But oh well - it will be quite the smashing partaaay.
          TF, That puck off her head was Jimmys fault. Came right off the knob on his stick. as far as handicap tags go, My Doctor is a season ticket holder, he would understand

Comment

TF, That puck off her head was Jimmys fault. Came right off the knob on his stick. as far as handicap tags go, My Doctor is a season ticket holder, he would understand
            So some more thoughts...

First and foremost - I have been watching Jimmy play in the pros and the guy doesn't make mistakes. That was a calculated move. And let's give him a fair shake - you don't move much out of your position unless a bad call is made. No officials - stationary big target- of the nub and off Wally's noggin... he never realized you could move like that. None of us could realize you had cat quick skills like that. In fact you are a very quick thinker given what I have read on these boards - and it kicked into high gear and you thought about cashing in on the insurance claim.

Now, and after saying all of that, I think I am onto something with this doc on our side thing. I mean - let's gravy train this bad boy. If he cares about Maine hockey what better way! Imagine you, me, apple picker, hockey puck, and papa smurf all with primo wheel chairs and good parking and good medicinal use... think about that. And I will go so far as to promise we do the first ever naked five on wheels. (Basically we would put Wally in the lead and hook on like a dog sled team and let him pull us)

That hockey team would think it is a riot - and they would score in buckets to see us try to pull that off.

Just sayin...

Comment

.............I like how he said he isn't concerned with being the second choice. He is right it doesn't matter. And being second to JCapuano isn't exactly a shot, given he beat out a lot of other qualified candidates for the position. Being second to a guy that has coached the Islanders from a disgrace into a playoff caliber team isn't a small feat, and JCapuano has shown his abilities to be top notch...........
              That was a stupid question. The press conference was about Red Gendron being selected head coach. It was about him and not about comparing him to some other applicant who may or may not have applied. Red gave the right answer.

Comment

I see 2 younger guys as Assts. Red said he was beholden to Shawn for taking a chance on him, I see him taking chances in that regard also.
                Maybe on 1 assistant. But Maine needs someone established to get out and recruit, with contacts. Been since Tanner House that we have recruited in the BCHL and while we have had some good Jr. Monarchs about time we expanded outside the ECHL and the Monarchs and Hitmen. Had finally made some inroads in Ontario with Shore, Hutton, Lomberg and Byron and Renouf coming in, but we need more!

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
                  Red will hire the best people and those who give Maine the best chance at winning...
                  Just stay away from anymore Yale guys. I see some quotes on here how Red will bring Yale's great conditioning to Maine. That said, Yale's fantastic conditioning program was in place 4 years before Red arrived at Yale. I am sure he will take a page from the notebook with him though. He was credited for seasoning the very young Yale D-Corps this past season, and turned Yale's Achilles Heel into an asset I met Red at Yale's Team Banquet last month and he is as genuine and down to earth as he looks. My good friend has three sons who are the stick boys for Yale and when they heard he was leaving, they were absolutely devastated. BTW, Reds not so secret nickname in the Yale stands was Captain Kangaroo! Best of luck to a great Coach.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    Just stay away from anymore Yale guys. I see some quotes on here how Red will bring Yale's great conditioning to Maine. That said, Yale's fantastic conditioning program was in place 4 years before Red arrived at Yale. I am sure he will take a page from the notebook with him though. He was credited for seasoning the very young Yale D-Corps this past season, and turned Yale's Achilles Heel into an asset I met Red at Yale's Team Banquet last month and he is as genuine and down to earth as he looks. My good friend has three sons who are the stick boys for Yale and when they heard he was leaving, they were absolutely devastated. BTW, Reds not so secret nickname in the Yale stands was Captain Kangaroo! Best of luck to a great Coach.
                    Thanks for the kind words and congrats on your championship. I am sure Yale is going to build upon their success. We can only hope to meet a team like your's in the frozen four. Again - much respect and congrats from the Mainuhs.

Comment

Thanks for clearing up the conditioning issue. Some of us embellish things when a new coach is hired.

Comment

He and Grant ran the dryland training at Maine in the early 90's. I believe it was the best program in the nation at that time. I think he knows a few things about strength and conditioning

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          He and Grant ran the dryland training at Maine in the early 90's. I believe it was the best program in the nation at that time. I think he knows a few things about strength and conditioning
                          I am sure he does and learned a few more things from Yale. No umbrage Red's way with the comment, just acknowledging that it was a team focus that Allain and staff put in place before Red's arrival. Lets get together in Philly next year.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Larry's latest update contains some more commentary from Red. He mentioned that he'd be open to having Grant involved... "I'd Give him the keys to the arena"

Also said that to dismiss Bob and Dan without giving them the opportunity to dIscuss the assistant positions would not be right... read as "they're really going to have to impress to be brought back."

Comment

Video of yesterday's press conference is available at wcsh6.com.

New Maine hockey coach introduced

Comment

The players comments about practices are pretty telling if you ask me
                                http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/2...relatedSidebar

Comment

Working...
                                X