X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by revoman View Post
    I'd take Guy. He has been an NHL scout for the last several years, He has the contacts.
    Meh, not sold on Guy. Dont know if he would be the right guy for the job. Weinrich, no cant do that. Pelly? Cant see it. I dont know, I guess I could believe Corkum with a short leash....gotta have results next year instantly if he's the one. Anything less than a Garden appearance and NCAA appearance would be unacceptable. Maybe that could part of his contract.
    sure why not

Comment

How much does the UAA tailspin hurt Blair? If Corkum isn't to blame for Maine's slide since he started on the job, you can make an even stronger case that Blair shouldn't be solely to blame for UAA's dive. And Blair's tenure at Maine did coincide with the last few years of "Maine Hockey." Though, again, there's the question of how much he contributed, how much of it was Perron's recruiting, how much was Standrook, and - yes - how much was Tim.

I don't think he's necessarily the best choice, but I'm not sure that he gets vetoed right off the bat . . .
      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Sorry to hear about Arnie. I have one of his Maine potato pins with rest of my collection and keep his "card"in my travel toiletry bag. It always gives me a smile. Very nice fellow.
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Could it be a certain d-man that played in 1995 Championship @ Providence vs Michigan and then vs BU(before it was called the Frozen 4)...OR someone that Coached against Walsh in the 90's..?

Comment

Chris Roy of the Maine Hockey Journal reports that Brice O'Connor has been named a captain for next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              RIP

Stopping the coach chatter for a moment to celebrate a life well lived.

Here's a profile from back in 2001, on the occasion of his 80th(!) birthday.
              http://archive.bangordailynews.com/2...-alfond-arena/
              Thanks for posting that. That was Arnie
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                Could it be a certain d-man that played in 1995 Championship @ Providence vs Michigan and then vs BU(before it was called the Frozen 4)...OR someone that Coached against Walsh in the 90's..?
                If you really think chris imes has a shot at this job...or better yet, if Chris imes does have a shot at this job, Maine is done...

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  OR someone that Coached against Walsh in the 90's..?
                  Steve Cedorchuk? Hell NO!

Comment

Toronto has been eliminated...Saw Cronin out there...

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      I'm sitting up now...tell me more about this guy
                      I don't want to bore you with too many details, but he's essentially another (slightly-less-arrogant) Shawn.

Quick summary:

He started the Utica program from scratch, and had them in the playoffs in his 4th year. He's driven attendance from 800 per game to about 3,700-per since then, which is better than many D-1 programs, and easily the best in D-3 for a few years now.

He got UC to the D-3 FF last year, when he was finally allowed to recruit in Canada. (He's from Ontario, which doesn't hurt in that respect.) And he's brought-in ringers from as far away as BC.

He's a foul-mouthed whip-cracker who will scratch his best players if they have a bad week of practice, but somehow his guys love to play for him, according to the many parents I know.

He was fired from Union days after he accepted an assistant job there a few years ago, because he popped-off to the local rag that he really would have preferred to go to a program with more cachet. (That was an all-Shawn moment to me.)

I could go on and on, but many a time over the years The Warden and I have opined that if Maine and Utica were to swap coaches, everyone involved would be a lot happier... (I've since changed my mind about having Tim here, though. )

I DO wish he could get interviewed. I don't see how recycling a Maine guy with a mediocre track-record and another cautious approach to the job will get The Bears anywhere.
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-14-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
                        If you really think chris imes has a shot at this job...or better yet, if Chris imes does have a shot at this job, Maine is done...
                        Where is Imes these days..? Back in Minnesota Coaching H.S. Hockey..?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                          Steve Cedorchuk? Hell NO!
                          No this Coach is still standing and winning.

Comment

Rumors out there now that Capuano is retiring from NHL coaching to the Maine job (maybe not by choice). Heard a rumor a coach would be named after the islanders are done for the season.

Don't you love rumors? That's one thing I will miss once they actually do name a coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Where is Imes these days..? Back in Minnesota Coaching H.S. Hockey..?
                              He and his family live in Illinois. He's the hockey director at Center Ice of Dupage.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                Rumors out there now that Capuano is retiring from NHL coaching to the Maine job (maybe not by choice). Heard a rumor a coach would be named after the islanders are done for the season.

Don't you love rumors? That's one thing I will miss once they actually do name a coach!
                                Where are these rumors? Please cite a credible source.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X