X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
    Doh! That sucks. I don't think any other bangor stations have a relationship like WABI/WPME with So me stations. Hope something changes.
    WLBZ and WCSH do a lot together. If WLBZ gets the contract I can see WCSH broadcasting most, if not all, of the programming. I also think WLBZ and WCSH will put together a show that doesn't look like it's run by a high school AV club.

Comment

I actually think this is a good thing. WABI may have been broadcasting Maine games since 1953, but they were still using the same cameras and announcers and technology they had in 1953 too.

If this means someone with an HD truck is going to broadcast Maine hockey (WLBZ???), I am all for it.

And if this means that a broadcast booth with a combined age below 180 is going to announce UMaine football games, I am all for it.

I will note, however, that the fact that Learfield Sports is running this and not anyone in Orono continues to be a joke. Thanks Blake James! Like herpes, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        WLBZ and WCSH do a lot together. If WLBZ gets the contract I can see WCSH broadcasting most, if not all, of the programming. I also think WLBZ and WCSH will put together a show that doesn't look like it's run by a high school AV club.
        In order for HD you need fiber or a sat uplink, does anyone really think they make enough to cover an uplink? There is no fiber.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          In order for HD you need fiber or a sat uplink, does anyone really think they make enough to cover an uplink? There is no fiber.
          Maybe if they would have treated Stephen King with respect...we're getting taken for a ride by Learfield, complete joke Maine is still associated with them.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            I will note, however, that the fact that Learfield Sports is running this and not anyone in Orono continues to be a joke. Thanks Blake James! Like herpes, you are the gift that keeps on giving.
            To be specific, Andrew Stuebner, is the GM of Black Bear Properties (the website for which does not exist)

Stuebner, who replaces Justin Barnes, has considerable sports business experience under his belt. He recently completed a stint as the director of sales for CSL Marketing Group in Lincoln, Neb.

Previously, he was the executive vice president and GM for the Class AAA Fresno Grizzlies, where he also worked three years as their VP of tickets. Stuebner also worked as an assistant GM and director of ticketing operations for the Class A Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) Quakes and was the director of group sales of the Class A Potomac Cannons.

He was a four-year starter at Kenyon College in Ohio.
            Jason Hoyt was named in 2010
            Hockey enthusiast and Maine alum Jason Hoyt returns to Orono and his alma mater as an Account Executive for Black Bear Sports Properties. Jason comes to BBSP from Verizon Wireless in Bangor and brings a wide range of professional experience to the property… including Zamboni driving(!).

He is an avid hockey player, having competed in high school, club leagues and many men’s leagues. He coaches his daughter’s team and also serves on the board of directors for Bangor Youth Hockey. Jason also has coached high school varsity tennis for more than 12 years and enjoys fishing, camping and spending time with his family.
            And Matt Simone, who can't be found in a quick Google search but may have been a former pitcher at Binghamton.

Lest we forget, despite the media's reluctance to report on the connection, Learfield has remarkably close ties to Clear Channel that I have outlined in this forum previously.

Comment

So how do ESPNU/CBSSN/NBCSN air HD games from Alfond?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Maybe if they would have treated Stephen King with respect...we're getting taken for a ride by Learfield, complete joke Maine is still associated with them.
                I Think you'll find most schools are associated with learfield, it was a trend for awhile

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                  So how do ESPNU/CBSSN/NBCSN air HD games from Alfond?
                  Uplink very expensive bigger audience

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I Think you'll find most schools are associated with learfield, it was a trend for awhile
                    I'm curious how fans of other Learfield teams feel since going with them...and have the schools made out financially? Too bad no one in the media will ask that question since most of them work for Clear Channel, or don't want to tick them off.

Comment

Now that we know for sure NO Alexander, NO Kerluke on new staff, what is the consensus, Corkum or no Corkum? Nostrajimus in BDN comments seems pretty sure Corkum will be on new staff.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        now that we know for sure no alexander, no kerluke on new staff, what is the consensus, corkum or no corkum? Nostrajimus in bdn comments seems pretty sure corkum will be on new staff.
                        no corkum ...

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                          I actually think this is a good thing. WABI may have been broadcasting Maine games since 1953, but they were still using the same cameras and announcers and technology they had in 1953 too.

If this means someone with an HD truck is going to broadcast Maine hockey (WLBZ???), I am all for it.

And if this means that a broadcast booth with a combined age below 180 is going to announce UMaine football games, I am all for it.

I promise you WLBZ has no HD truck. When I worked there 15 years ago, they had NO production truck, period. Shortly after I left, that place was gutted and runs mostly out of Portland.

Comment

Well, There's always WFVX/WVII. But remember, WLBZ did broadcast the Black Bears in 1992.
                            @Goalieboy2000
                            Let's Go Black Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Hockey Fan View Post
                              no corkum ...
                              Less then a 50% chance he returns. And I know I could very well be WRONG.!

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Yeah, like share weathermen/women when someone is on vacation. I can't see WCSH giving up any NBC programming to air Maine Hockey. Never happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X