• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runsub5
    replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    Two steps forward, possible step back.

Apparently WABI will no longer be broadcasting maine athletics. Couldn't come together on contract terms... wonder what that'll mean for the southern audience... story about it on BDN website
    I think Maine athletic events will be aired by another broadcaster. The BDN article states that Learfield Sports is looking at local , regional and national outlets.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Two steps forward, possible step back.

Apparently WABI will no longer be broadcasting maine athletics. Couldn't come together on contract terms... wonder what that'll mean for the southern audience... story about it on BDN website

Leave a comment:

• BobF
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    You could have a team full of Gretskys, Orrs and Hulls, when your goalie is drunk or Sirman or etc, you ain't winning nothing
    Sorry who is this Gretsky guy? Is he related to Gretzky? Or is he related to Stanbrook as the PPH continued to spell Grant's name in a column yesterday. Sorry Wally could not resist.
    Last edited by BobF; 05-30-2013, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

I just saw Priceless on the evening news. I now can put a face with your posts. Nice job by the way.

Leave a comment:

• Runsub5
    replied

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    That actually sounds kind of cool.
    Not sure if they used this technology this past year but Ouellette certainly turned his game around.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    All the way to where?
    Hallowell.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    I still say Gus' last team with House, Dimmen, Flynn, Abbott, Dee, Diamond, O'Neill (etc etc) had the chops to go all the way
    All the way to where?

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    In net yes, maybe depth wise too although I think Red's dry land and let's be in better shape then the other team mantra will take care of that.

I still say Gus' last team with House, Dimmen, Flynn, Abbott, Dee, Diamond, O'Neill (etc etc) had the chops to go all the way if they had any defensive strategy what-so-ever. That's the team that made me give up on Whitehead.
    You could have a team full of Gretskys, Orrs and Hulls, when your goalie is drunk or Sirman or etc, you ain't winning nothing

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied

apparently, this is kerluke's new adventure in partnership with david alexander

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/3...-help-goalies/
    No wonder Maine's goaltending has been shabby recently, all it takes is 36 seconds, and this guy can see exactly what you're doing wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    Fair points, all. Still, I don't think you want to comb through Kerluke's classes that closely

Bottom line: Hope Red finds a good one. Maine needs to do better than it has over the past 8 years.
    In net yes, maybe depth wise too although I think Red's dry land and let's be in better shape then the other team mantra will take care of that.

I still say Gus' last team with House, Dimmen, Flynn, Abbott, Dee, Diamond, O'Neill (etc etc) had the chops to go all the way if they had any defensive strategy what-so-ever. That's the team that made me give up on Whitehead.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied
    Originally posted by dover4345 View Post
    I don't really know if I think it would be a good hire or not---I am pretty neutral on him---but I would guess that Red will hire Len Quesnelle to be his associate head coach. Len and Red are good friends and Len has a ton of experience. After that I would bet that Red will focus on a young guy who is hungry to recruit.
    God I hope not re: Quesnelle.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied

Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Agreed. It's nice they're keeping it somewhat affordable. I hope it works out great for both of them.

Leave a comment:

• AMC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dover4345
    replied

I don't really know if I think it would be a good hire or not---I am pretty neutral on him---but I would guess that Red will hire Len Quesnelle to be his associate head coach. Len and Red are good friends and Len has a ton of experience. After that I would bet that Red will focus on a young guy who is hungry to recruit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X