This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Look, BC was disgruntled, Campbell Blair was disgruntled, Grant was, Guy was, is there some kind of pattern there? Who is common throughout?
    And those other guys all moved on quietly and with class. BC waited for Tim to die then backed the bus over him 10 more times. This is not a defense of TW its a commentary on why any new coach will have red flags about hiring BC unless theres already a strong personal relationship that predates this lapse of professional judgment

Comment

• Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
      And those other guys all moved on quietly and with class. BC waited for Tim to die then backed the bus over him 10 more times. This is not a defense of TW its a commentary on why any new coach will have red flags about hiring BC unless theres already a strong personal relationship that predates this lapse of professional judgment
      Timmay's dead? I know it seemed like he was dead for many of us.......when is the funeral? Will BC not be invited? Do we need a koombaya session for everyones feelings?
      Last edited by all bear; 05-26-2013, 01:34 PM.
      sure why not

Comment

And those other guys all moved on quietly and with class.
        yet somehow everyone knows "those other guys" were disgruntled. I'm sure Bob thought about what he did before he did it. I'm guessing if Red doesn't hire him its for reasons beyond what he said about Tims coaching.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Bottom line its NOW the Gendron ERA and lets look forward,there's plently of work to be done...plus the off-season is short at this point...my guess and maybe NOT a very good one is that Gendron goes with a clean slate and brings in 2 New Assistants,well maybe not new to Maine but it will be his OWN staff and I think one name that will come up will be Guy Perron. I am looking forward to the NEW LOOK that will be Maine Hockey for the 2013-14 season and beyond.

Comment

I think the point is more that its clear from BCs comments that he wasnt supportive of TW when he was the coach. Whether TW was doing the right things or not he is doomed to fail if he an asst or assts who are undermining his authority from within. BC may not have spoken out publicly before but he clearly had not bought in....and you cant hide that from people no matter how hard you try.

That would absolutely be a red flag for me...
            Maybe he tried to point that stuff out to Whitehead, to make his points with him, and was ignored, or told to remember his place as an assistant. maybe it would have been better if he had quit on principle, said "it's time to move on". Some people would respect him more for doing so, some might see it as quitting.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              I think one name that will come up will be Guy Perron.
              I'm driving the bandwagon! Plenty of room; climb aboard!

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Am I correct they would have missed each other by a year at Maine with Perron graduating in 90?
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                  They could parlais vous to each other and only the french canadian players would know what the hell they were talking about.
                  sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                    Am I correct they would have missed each other by a year at Maine with Perron graduating in 90?
                    Yes, but he was an assistant on the 91-92 team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      Yes, but he was an assistant on the 91-92 team.
                      How about Grant coming back for a year or two. That would be quite the **** you to Timmy. The notion that Timmy was hard done by is beyond ridiculous. He was given plenty of time to turn it around and it didn't happen.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        How about Grant coming back for a year or two. That would be quite the **** you to Timmy. The notion that Timmy was hard done by is beyond ridiculous. He was given plenty of time to turn it around and it didn't happen.
                        Red and Guy behind the bench, Grant back in his perch above center ice and give Tyler some graying hair and about 6" platform shoes and it'll be my freshman year all over again! Hell, I might ask for my job back to be a part of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          MAYBE Standbrook would like to be a Volunteer Assistant and help out with the Goaltenders,just a thought...unless he's got another Volunteer gig @ Denver..?

Comment

I'm a little disappointed that Corkum did not get the job. I would of at least signed him for 2/3 years just to see how he would do, the players love him. Him being the head coach of the U-18's has to help with recruiting.

Comment

I don't think that Corkum got a fair shake. If somehow Tim would have been fired over Christmas break (which would have been entirely warranted), then at least Bob would've been given the opportunity to coach the same crew, which would have been invaluable in assessing him vis-a-vis Whitehead.

I'm not as sanguine re: Gendron as most of you are. He's a good guy, and a Maine home-boy, yes... But I was looking for a starving and young up-and-comer who was willing to stake his entire professional career on the job, a la Walsh.

I don't see that sort of thing happening right now. I figure that Red will be well-liked, and given the same long-leash that Tim received, win lose or draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                I don't think that Corkum got a fair shake. If somehow Tim would have been fired over Christmas break (which would have been entirely warranted), then at least Bob would've been given the opportunity to coach the same crew, which would have been invaluable in assessing him vis-a-vis Whitehead.

I'm not as sanguine re: Gendron as most of you are. He's a good guy, and a Maine home-boy, yes... But I was looking for a starving and young up-and-comer who was willing to stake his entire professional career on the job, a la Walsh.

I don't see that sort of thing happening right now. I figure that Red will be well-liked, and given the same long-leash that Tim received, win lose or draw.
                                It will all depend on who he hires for Assistants,he may have a Veteran Assistant along with a so called up and coming Assistant that he would take under his wing/show him the ropes and get the experience behind the bench and the recruiting trail,could be a worth while hiring down the road say 8 to 10 years...maybe..???

Comment

Working...
                                X