• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Papagiorgio
    replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    One.
    But the Blue Ox/Lumberjacks have been gone since 2004!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
    Article in today's Portland Press Herald by Steve Solloway about Jim Montgomery titled, "He's living in the moment, and the moment's not in Maine".
    Montgomery just led the Dubuque Fighting Saints to the USHL Clark Cup title for the second time in 3 years.
    Montgomery stated that he was never asked to pursue the hockey coaching job at the University of Maine.
    He was only ever a candidate in the minds of some fans, never by an athletic department burned by hiring local hero Cindy Blodgett and watching her flame out in spectacular style. Oh, and save all the "Jimmy isn't Cindy" propaganda - I'm not the one you needed to convince and it is irrelevant now anyway. In one of the news stories, Steve said that all the candidates left had something in common but didn't say what it is. I'm willing to bet it's that they all have decades - not years - of experience as either a head coach or assistant.

Leave a comment:

• sandiegoblkbr
    replied

Originally posted by revoman View Post
    Leave the horse alone...it's dead, already...
    Amen! Loved Montgomery as a player and wish him the best. But I could care less about Denver!

Leave a comment:

• revoman
    replied

Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
    Article in today's Portland Press Herald by Steve Solloway about Jim Montgomery titled, "He's living in the moment, and the moment's not in Maine".
    Montgomery just led the Dubuque Fighting Saints to the USHL Clark Cup title for the second time in 3 years.
    Montgomery stated that he was never asked to pursue the hockey coaching job at the University of Maine.
    Leave the horse alone...it's dead, already...

Leave a comment:

• revoman
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for Scotty Bowman!
    Aw, Hell...why not Barry Melrose... (btw, that's sarcasm for those that don't speak it...)

Leave a comment:

• pmcdonald
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ck1969
    replied

It's amazing how much concern UHN fans have in who becomes our next coach. I would think they have enough to worry about with their program never ever being able to take the next step. Worry about your own mediocrity and post season failures before trolling here and talking out your arse about Maine. Not one Maine fan gives a sh#t about what ANY UHN fan thinks.

Leave a comment:

• theprofromdover
    replied

Originally posted by Wildcat13 View Post
    Since Shawn Walsh's death the program has been in a slow decline back to reality. Get mad if you want but it is true. Deal with it.
    FYP. Dope.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Classy post. Btw, your history is built on recruiting scandals and unethical behavior. Since Maine was caught the program has been in a slow decline back to reality. Get mad if you want but it is true. Deal with it.
    Trolling a Maine thread and talking about class what a DOPE

Leave a comment:

• all bear
    replied

Classy post. Btw, your history is built on recruiting scandals and unethical behavior. Since Maine was caught the program has been in a slow decline back to reality. Get mad if you want but it is true. Deal with it.
    Get lost

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Alain Vigneault is available!
    In a couple days, John Tortorella could be, too!

ZOMG! Maine could get BOTH Torts

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    Since Maine was caught it won a second national championship and made 6 frozen fours!

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat13
    replied
    Originally posted by all bear View Post
    Methinks UHN fans should spend more time worrying about how to get rid of Umile and estabilish a program of stepping up in the big games versus worrying about who takes the reins at Maine with their established history of winning and accomplishments, not to mention occupied trophy case. So in other words, get the F outta here.

Leave a comment:

• BobF
    replied

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    John Tortorella also played ball at Maine, utility infielder I believe, primarily third base. I don't think he was the greatest ballplayer, but Winkin said he was a hellluva bench jockey.
    Well I struck out on this one! Was at Maine for John's senior year but missed his baseball prowess. Let's hope I don't strike out on my other prediction which I first put forth and now everyone else is talking about!;-)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Alain Vigneault is available!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X