X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Pony
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Monday, another reporter is looking for a second source that the new coach is someone else (neither Corkum nor Capuano) and the announcement will be Tuesday. This promises to be an eventful weekend.
    Oz or Gwoz?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    I heard a strong Tortarella rumor. But WTBleep do I know?
    It was posted on the Facebook page that his wife met with a realtor yesterday to put the house on the market. I had a reporter looking for a second source on the announcement of Corkum being Monday, another reporter is looking for a second source that the new coach is someone else (neither Corkum nor Capuano) and the announcement will be Tuesday. This promises to be an eventful weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Pony
    replied

No signs of Gwoz in Maine? Um he must be a. wanted coach.

Openings are filling quickly.

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied

I heard a strong Tortarella rumor. But WTBleep do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Pink Pony
    replied
    Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
    So, are they going to announce Jack Capuano the head coach tomorrow or wait until Tuesday?
    So he has the job?

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    BU's schedule was announced today.

This verifies the game at Fenway will take the place of the league game at BU in November.
    So has Maine's schedule been put out yet..? 34 games/20 Hockey East & 14 OOC...the OOC are..? Vermont(2)UMass(2)AIC(2)St.Lawrence(2)FLA.Classic= Princeton(1)/and either Cornell or UNH(1)...Portland game..? Figure 10 of the 14 OOC are set..? Anyone know the other four and if the above that I put down are not right.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Originally posted by WIrinkrat View Post
    "Did Maine contact you about their head coaching position?"

"The Denver job came up and I couldn't pass it by even though I was interested in the Maine job."

Comes off as pretty evasive. Personally I want to be able to read the truth in an article regardless of what it is. If you are tired of reading his reality of what happened in this situation, then don't be mad at him...be mad at the people that insist on writing the same articles over and over and asking himt he same recycled questions time and again.

Again, he's not the one asking for these stories to be written or calling up the reporters to air some agenda he has with Maine.
    After the fact, I'm OK with Monty going elsewhere. When I think back, he smells like a mealy-mouthed front-runner to me, especially in light of recent events... Not sure at all that his success in Dubuque translates to anything on the next level.

Maine doesn't need another used-car salesman; Maine needs a guy who will install a do-or-die attitude.

If it's Corkum, that's fine, but what's the delay in getting the new regime installed, FCS?
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-24-2013, 02:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    Amen! Loved Montgomery as a player and wish him the best. But I could care less about Denver!
    One postive about Montgomery going to Denver is that the Pioneers will most likely be on the schedule in the near future.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

So, are they going to announce Jack Capuano the head coach tomorrow or wait until Tuesday?
    I have heard the announcement is going to be Monday, but that is a holiday so who knows. The team is supposedly going to be told before it is made public. They have not been told anything yet.

I've also heard that it isn't Cap.

Of course this info plus $5 will get you a small coffee at Starbuck's. No one knows anything for sure at this point.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied
    No announcement until next week.

Leave a comment:

• blackbearbandie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pucknut
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    Question: Have any of the returning Maine players:

a. transferred schools
    b. flunked out
    c. made an early departure of any kind

I am not aware of any.
    It appears that most of the returning players want Corkie and if he doesn't land the position it would be doubtful any would leave.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

BU's schedule was announced today.

A highlight of this year's Hockey East schedule will be BU's second appearance at Frozen Fenway. After kickstarting the event back in 2010 with a victory over BC, the Terriers will take on Maine on Jan. 11 in the nightcap of a doubleheader that also features a contest between defending league champion UMass Lowell and Northeastern.
    This verifies the game at Fenway will take the place of the league game at BU in November.

Leave a comment:

• Pink Pony
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Norm Bazin was a D3 coach before Lowell hired him.
    So was George Gwozdecky

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    Norm Bazin was a D3 coach before Lowell hired him.
    he also spent 11 years as a DI assistant... tortorella is a career DIII guy (with a short stints as a DI asst) which is the point i think they were trying to make... torts wasn't even the best DIII coach in maine during his time at Colby (Meagher/Bowdoin)
    Last edited by gscott13; 05-23-2013, 02:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X