• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amherstblackbear
    replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    wait, which torts? could be john once he's fired!!!
    Hey, I'm glad I got the job and all, but this search committee stinks. I tried talking to the committee, but they stink. So I've just decided to give myself the job. The committee is trying, and they have talent. But they just stink at searching.

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Originally posted by all bear View Post
    If its Tortorella count me as unimpressed. Dont tell me this 'committee' could have spent all this time and this is the best they can do.
    Gwozdecky, Capuano, and Montgomery would have been exciting choices.

The successful, if egomaniacal, Eastern Junior coach would have been intriguing. High-risk, high-reward?

Corkum . . . I would definitely give him a chance to demonstrate what he'd do at the helm. I'd give him a chance to prove me wrong. But I can't get past the fact that his tenure coincides almost perfectly with the bottom falling out. I just can't.

Red Gendron? I don't think so. But then I'm the crazy person who thinks that the landscape of college hockey has changed so much that I don't put much value on ties to the 92-93 season. And I can't get past the career assistant thing.

Jim Tortorella, Pellerin, and/or Osiecki? I guess I'll hang around and watch from afar. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.Best I can do.

Leave a comment:

• CollegeHockeyRinkReport
    replied

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....ano-bob-corkum

Updated my story from last night to add the certainty of Tuesday presser and no Corkum.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

wait, which torts? could be john once he's fired!!!

Leave a comment:

• maineiac
    replied

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    So has Maine's schedule been put out yet..? 34 games/20 Hockey East & 14 OOC...the OOC are..? Vermont(2)UMass(2)AIC(2)St.Lawrence(2)FLA.Classic= Princeton(1)/and either Cornell or UNH(1)...Portland game..? Figure 10 of the 14 OOC are set..? Anyone know the other four and if the above that I put down are not right.

Maine will be travelling to Hamden, CT to play one game at Quinnipiac this coming season. Date yet to be announced.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

It is not Corkum. He's been told it's not him.

Leave a comment:

• all bear
    replied

If its Tortorella count me as unimpressed. Dont tell me this 'committee' could have spent all this time and this is the best they can do.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post
    Gwoz ain't coming, Cap doesn't make sense money wise, Corkum, I see as the favorite, the rest suck
    If we support whoever gets the job they have a lot better chance of being successful than if we don't support them. I'm just happy to draw a line under the last six or seven years. The team next year is going to have some talent and hopefully whoever is coach can get the most out of them.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Meet the new coach at Seasons Resturaunt Main st Bangor Maine at 4.30 pm Tuesday May 28 during the Rich Kimball radio show. Just saw this posted on the facebook page

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Gwoz.

In order, power ranking list of what would make me personally happy as a fan:
    1. Gwoz
    2. Cap
    3. Corkum
    4. Oz
    5. Red
    6. Torts

Honestly, if its not one of the first three or a major darkhorse no one's talking about, I'd have rather kept Whitehead for one more year.
    Gwoz ain't coming, Cap doesn't make sense money wise, Corkum, I see as the favorite, the rest suck

Leave a comment:

• BoSox3066
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Is there anyone remaining that would make the fans happy?
    Gwoz.

In order, power ranking list of what would make me personally happy as a fan:
    1. Gwoz
    2. Cap
    3. Corkum
    4. Oz
    5. Red
    6. Torts

Honestly, if its not one of the first three or a major darkhorse no one's talking about, I'd have rather kept Whitehead for one more year.

Leave a comment:

• gscott13
    replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Do you think fans are going to be happy with this? I just can't see him bringing much excitement back to the program. I hope I am wrong.
    Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    torts wasn't even the best DIII coach in maine during his time at Colby (Meagher/Bowdoin)
    certainly not the splash i was/am hoping to see them make... nice coach, but it's not like colby was a d3 power when he was there (in 16 seasons, 1 Regular Season Title, 1 Conference Tourney Title, 1 D3 FF)... i was/am looking for them to go another route
    Last edited by gscott13; 05-24-2013, 09:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Do you think fans are going to be happy with this? I just can't see him bringing much excitement back to the program. I hope I am wrong.
    Is there anyone remaining that would make the fans happy?

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    I assume Torts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
    Oz or Gwoz?
    I assume Torts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X