• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rufus
    replied
    Re: Maine Hockey Thread II: The Search for Spock

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    The Maine faithful are beating down the door to the ticket office as we speak
    Since based on his current appearance, he needs a new nickname other than 'Red', I propose his new nickname be 'Whitehead'.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Gendron has been offered the job
    Have you anything to substantiate that claim?

Leave a comment:

• Maineiak
    replied

Latest rumor is that we've been focused on the wrong Tortorella. It's really John. The reason for Tuesday is they're waiting for him to lose to the Bruins on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• amherstblackbear
    replied

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
    Only positive to this if true is that he'll be in a nursing home in a few years so we won't be stuck with him long term.
    Maybe more French-Canadian players? Tough to go up against the Q, but a French-speaking HC might help. Might. I'm trying, here

Leave a comment:

• Hockeypuck
    replied

Only positive to this if true is that he'll be in a nursing home in a few years so we won't be stuck with him long term.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    next time they'll learn... when you let news leak do it before 7p and make sure the ticket office is open!

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

Yes. He said media availability with new coach at 1pm. Fans meet new coach at Seasons in Bangor from 5-7. That is current plan.

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    You saw the WABI report? Did Abbott say there would be a meet n greet for fans or a meet n greet for fans WITH THE NEW COACH? That is kinda an important distinction
    I saw the report also...stated by WABI Sports Announcer that there was a CHANCE at naming the New Coach on Tuesday...with that said a Press Conference would be held at 1pm and then later "IF" a New Coach was named on that day that there would be a gathering from 5pm - 7pm. A lot of "IF's".

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Nick Coit on WABI just said Tuesday is still planned, doing backchecks as we speak, etc. Nothing real new.
    You saw the WABI report? Did Abbott say there would be a meet n greet for fans or a meet n greet for fans WITH THE NEW COACH? That is kinda an important distinction

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    ????? are you for real..?
    Yeah, I just didn't really think he was in the mix.

Hoky, I hope you are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• irishfan85
    replied

Yes. I'd prefer Osiecki over Gendron/Tortorella. He's YOUNG, motivated, really good recruiter, USHL connections. Gendron is 59!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ma#1ne Hky
    replied

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I didn't know anything about Osiecki until a couple hours ago, but he looks to be a real good candidate. He is definitely a lot better than Red or Tortorella.
    ????? are you for real..?

Leave a comment:

• Hokydad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    Mark Osiecki re-tweeted the following five hours ago: "Trust is central to doing business with anyone. Without it, you have another word that that begins with T: Trouble."

He also tweeted he was on airplane yesterday so that could validate the reports of him visiting UMaine earlier.
    I didn't know anything about Osiecki until a couple hours ago, but he looks to be a real good candidate. He is definitely a lot better than Red or Tortorella.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X