Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OHIO STATE. Who will be the new 2013/14 Head Coach?

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    I am actually surprised to hear that any on the current roster are leaving considering they lobbied for Rohlik to get the job.
    Not sure of the timeline. Maybe they've changed their minds now that Rohlik is in place and Osiecki is gone? A new head coach gives all the players something to think about.

Comment

Given that any player who transfers to an NCAA program must sit out for a year that doesn't sound like a promising option.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Given that any player who transfers to an NCAA program must sit out for a year that doesn't sound like a promising option.
        i think there is an exception if there is a change in head coach. thats how gaudreau ended up in BC instead of northeastern. he had signed a letter of intent to play at northeastern before their coach left.. in his case he didnt actually choose BC until august and played for BC immediately that fall. like someone said above- they have to get a release but i think thats standard procedure when there is a coaching change. if kids are going to decommit im guessing they are going through the process of first applying to the other school that they have chosen and in discussions about scholarships etc. only a guess on my part

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
          i think there is an exception if there is a change in head coach. thats how gaudreau ended up in BC instead of northeastern. he had signed a letter of intent to play at northeastern before their coach left.. in his case he didnt actually choose BC until august and played for BC immediately that fall. like someone said above- they have to get a release but i think thats standard procedure when there is a coaching change. if kids are going to decommit im guessing they are going through the process of first applying to the other school that they have chosen and in discussions about scholarships etc. only a guess on my part
          The team releasing the individual can put strings on the release if they choose to do so - such as saying "you get a release as long as you don't attend another Big Ten school." It's been done frequently in basketball.

Of course, if they agree to sit out a year they can transfer where they want.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            Right, but I should clarify I was referring to those who are currently on the roster here, not incoming. However it's always a common practice for the kid who thinks he's underutilized and wants a program that will give him more playing time (or so they hope).

Comment

It is my understanding that anyone on the roster from last year would not be able to transfer and play without sitting out a year. One exception I am aware of is if there is a family emergency which would require (definition?) an athlete to be closer to his home.
              As far as recruits are concerned if a recruit signs a letter of intent with a program and there is a coaching change the player has the right to cancel his letter of intent. I am aware of one stipulation, he cannot be contacted by another program for 30 days after he signs the letter of intent. That may be what happened to Gaudreau after signing with Northeastern. This clause would give a new coaching staff time to contact the athlete and give themselves the best opportunity to salvage the commitment. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case with a few of the recruits. Lets hope we can salvage them and add to a strong core of returning players.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                to an outside observer, you sound a lot like a disgruntled parent whose kid didn't get a lot of playing time.

I hope this article helps you understand what Coach OZ was like in the program.

QUOTE;

Osiecki was let go because of what the administration called a difference in management. A person familiar with the program told USCHO that Osiecki was seen by the administration as an abrasive figure in his locker room and players became frustrated with training methods.

On the other hand, it appears Rohlik has the backing of the locker room.

Forward Chris Crane left the program a month ago after completing his junior season with the Buckeyes to pursue a professional opportunity with the San Jose Sharks’ AHL affiliate in Worcester. Crane said he credits Rohlik for the opportunity to make the transition to the pro game.

“He deserved it,” Crane said. “He was a players’ coach on and off the ice.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/29/rohl...#ixzz2S5SS63zD

http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/29/rohl...tion-complete/
                Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM.
                " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Working...
                X