Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard would a puck have to be shot to be able to knock the goalie into the net?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How hard would a puck have to be shot to be able to knock the goalie into the net

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If a puck splits and both pieces go in, the goal counts. Otherwise, play is blown dead. It did happen in I think juniors (or was it college?) where a player shot the puck so hard that when it hit the post, it split in two.
    Andrew Prochno of SCSU did it when he played for Sioux City in the USHL.

Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Re: How hard would a puck have to be shot to be able to knock the goalie into the net

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
      Andrew Prochno of SCSU did it when he played for Sioux City in the USHL.

That's what I was referring to. Actually, recently a Swiss game had it happen as well, and one half of the puck went in the net. It was ruled no goal.

Comment

HA... I sure hope that kid kept the puck
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          HA... I sure hope that kid kept the puck
          They showed it during a TSN Top Ten special. The USHL one, that is, not the Swiss one. He mentioned that while in college, he could never recreate it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            If a puck splits and both pieces go in, the goal counts. Otherwise, play is blown dead. It did happen in I think juniors (or was it college?) where a player shot the puck so hard that when it hit the post, it split in two.
            Ushl?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MyBXjkZWE
            Huskys all the way

Comment

Working...
            X