Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
    Doesn't matter if you take away multiple NHL draft picks? Haha, Gopher and BC classes will be loaded as well.
    How do you have over 1000 posts and not know Mich is always #1?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
      How do you have over 1000 posts and not know Mich is always #1?
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Farce Poobah View Post
        Not a surprise, but Wild ink Haula to deal:
        http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|MIN|home
        He just turned 22 about two weeks ago, so according to the new CBA had to sign a two year deal instead of the typically 3 yr. deal for 18-21 yo. Haula inked a nice chuck of change in his contract. Even though he was chosen in the 7th rd. in 2009, apparently he got the salary max...$900,000 with games played and performance bonuses if he's called up from Houston.

Podcast interview with Eric Haula.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
          Doesn't matter if you take away multiple NHL draft picks? Haha, Gopher and BC classes will be loaded as well.
          Correct. Minnesota has talent.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So we're down:

Bjugstad
            Haula
            Schmidt
            Budish
            Alt
            Helgeson

Five of six early. But I'm thankful we got junior seasons out of this group of guys.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              So we're down:

Bjugstad
              Haula
              Schmidt
              Budish
              Alt
              Helgeson

Five of six early. But I'm thankful we got junior seasons out of this group of guys.
              Jared Larson is leaving the program, too.

https://twitter.com/JLARSON23

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So we're down:

Bjugstad
                Haula
                Schmidt
                Budish
                Alt
                Helgeson

Saw a tweet that Jared Larsen has also left the program. No details in who/where. ..

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Jared Larson is leaving the program, too.

https://twitter.com/JLARSON23
                  Still got the quick trigger finger. Only won that one by a hair........

Lucia watching Bischoff this weekend. I'm thinking they'll decide soon between him and Vanelli for next year.

Comment

Still got the quick trigger finger. Only won that one by a hair........
                    Larson was known for almost a week now. Vannelli will be coming in. Bischoff is a maybe, but seems unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      Larson was known for almost a week now.
                      I realize that, but he won the race to respond to the earlier post..........You tryin' to take away his thunder?

Comment

I realize that, but he won the race to respond to the earlier post..........You tryin' to take away his thunder?
                        I misread a couple posts. No thunder burglary attempted.

Comment

<--- is really POed he lost some thunder.

Not so much!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So we're down:
                            in his final season
                            Bjugstad
                            Haula
                            Schmidt
                            Budish
                            Alt
                            Helgeson

We've got a great recruiting class coming in so we'll be young, but extremely talented. Hopefully they'll be more consistent. Bjugs had a decent season, but not outstanding. I was hoping he'd perform at a higher level in his final season. Not trying to throw Bjugs under the bus, but in similar fashion to 2011-12, he really didn't show up in big games when we needed him the most.

Comment

So we're down:

Bjugstad
                              Haula
                              Schmidt
                              Budish
                              Alt
                              Helgeson

That's the way I look at it. We easily could have lost half that list a year earlier, so I think it's a testament to the program turning back around that there were so many high-end juniors this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                                We've got a great recruiting class coming in so we'll be young, but extremely talented. Hopefully they'll be more consistent. Bjugs had a decent season, but not outstanding. I was hoping he'd perform at a higher level in his final season. Not trying to throw Bjugs under the bus, but in similar fashion to 2011-12, he really didn't show up in big games when we needed him the most.
                                You'll have a talented squad for sure, and I bet they have some really impressive games and weekends, but consistency may be asking too much. Consistency and underclassmen don't often go hand in hand. The Gophers will probably be the last team anyone wants to see in a one and done format, but struggle bc of an off day
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X