Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

good luck to nick. people can say what they want but its not often a kid turns down a pro contract two years in a row for his college program. he gave the team what he had and was part of turning this program back around.. finishing the back to back macnaughton cups

my projected lineup assuming haula leaves.. and alt as well (complete guess on my part). still not sure whether lettieri should come in.. i think he is ready but they still have plenty of guys fit for top 6 rolls and also plenty of guys fit for bottom 6 rolls

warning rau fasching (warning and rau could do some damage. a big body in fasching and he moves well for his size)
    cammarata condon serratore (gonna want a finisher next to cammarata and then serratore will bring a physical presence)
    guertler boyd kloos (boyd and guertler are hard to play against. kloos brings some scoring to the 3rd line)
    michaelson horn r reilly (guys that i think bring great energy and id like to see in the lineup. don evidently doesnt as these three sat most of the year)

parenteau m reilly
    skjei marshall
    holl brodzinski

wilcox

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
      good luck to nick. people can say what they want but its not often a kid turns down a pro contract two years in a row for his college program. he gave the team what he had and was part of turning this program back around.. finishing the back to back macnaughton cups

my projected lineup assuming haula leaves.. and alt as well (complete guess on my part). still not sure whether lettieri should come in.. i think he is ready but they still have plenty of guys fit for top 6 rolls and also plenty of guys fit for bottom 6 rolls

warning rau fasching (warning and rau could do some damage. a big body in fasching and he moves well for his size)
      cammarata condon serratore (gonna want a finisher next to cammarata and then serratore will bring a physical presence)
      guertler boyd kloos (boyd and guertler are hard to play against. kloos brings some scoring to the 3rd line)
      michaelson horn r reilly (guys that i think bring great energy and id like to see in the lineup. don evidently doesnt as these three sat most of the year)

parenteau m reilly
      skjei marshall
      holl brodzinski

wilcox
      I'm pretty sure C Reilly will be in the lineup next year for sure, he was injured all year or he would have played this year. He also will be an older "Freshman" who can score.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with you (jerryj) about Alt leaving. I also think Condon, Ambroz and Rau are potentially going to leave early this year as well. Any others with the possibility to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2dog View Post
          Is Schroeder in the bigs? Trying to imagine him lining up against typical NHL size and strength.

Yeah, he's actually suiting up for Vancouver. Even got an opportunity in a shootout against the Hawks.

On a side, I really enjoy seeing the guys from the 2010 WJC playing all over the NHL now and even a few still in the NCAAs. That was such a great tourney and a fun team to root for. That win against Canada is up there with my favorite hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs13 View Post
            I agree with you (jerryj) about Alt leaving. I also think Condon, Ambroz and Rau are potentially going to leave early this year as well. Any others with the possibility to leave?
            I would be really surprised if anyone other than Haula leaves to be honest, but you never know these days.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs13 View Post
              Do you really think Ambroz wants to ride busses in the CHL next year? I doubt he'll make the A.

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post

parenteau m reilly
                skjei marshall
                holl brodzinski

wilcox
                Good post sir.

First, I'd like to see just who we can pair with Cammarata to get him lighting the lamp. Will Condon and Serratore do it? Perhaps.

If nothing else, I might be inclined to switch Kloos and Fasching. Sure Fasching is a good compliment with size...but I'd like to see if we up the goal contribution for Kloos.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Yeah no way Ambroz leaves, highly doubt Alt either, I think after Haula leaves (unless he tries the FA route and stays) everyone else stays. This team should then have a very solid D core and goaltending with some veteran offense mixed in with young raw offense.

Comment

Let me start by saying I was really hoping we might meet next week. The banter going back and forth since January has been fun and I wanted a chance to prove it on the ice. Oh well, there's always next year...

Anyway, the main reason for my post is to ask the Gopher fans if they realize there's a connection between our two teams? Hartzell's dad played for Herb Brooks and was a Gopher captain. I'm not sure if any of you knew that and I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd point it out. Small world...

Best of luck next year. I'm sure we'll be meeting on the ice at some point.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      Let me start by saying I was really hoping we might meet next week. The banter going back and forth since January has been fun and I wanted a chance to prove it on the ice. Oh well, there's always next year...

Anyway, the main reason for my post is to ask the Gopher fans if they realize there's a connection between our two teams? Hartzell's dad played for Herb Brooks and was a Gopher captain. I'm not sure if any of you knew that and I haven't seen it mentioned so I thought I'd point it out. Small world...

Best of luck next year. I'm sure we'll be meeting on the ice at some point.
                      If you have been a Gopher fan back to the Brooks years, you recognized the name. Since he had WBL listed as a home town and he didn't play high school around here, I checked out his pedigree several months back.
                      "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Do you really think Ambroz wants to ride busses in the CHL next year? I doubt he'll make the A.
                        I just don't think Ambroz is a good fit for the college game, and he may decide the Minors is a better path to the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          The last guy we had with one foot in was Schroeder.
                          I wasn't implying that guys this year had 1 foot in, if that's how you took it.
                          I was just saying if you have to work on and convince a guy to stay, that's the risk you run.

Comment

Rau isn't going anywhere. Haula should be your last early departure.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Subscribed because
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Yeah no way Ambroz leaves, highly doubt Alt either, I think after Haula leaves (unless he tries the FA route and stays) everyone else stays. This team should then have a very solid D core and goaltending with some veteran offense mixed in with young raw offense.
                                If Haula wants to try the free agent route he can do it this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X