Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers Offesason Thread: Back To 1896

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    If Haula wants to try the free agent route he can do it this summer.
    Hope not. If he's going to leave, why not stick around and be on the wild? (ok, there is the money thing)
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Hope not. If he's going to leave, why not stick around and be on the wild? (ok, there is the money thing)
      Isn't it also kind of a crowded pipeline up to the Wild? Or do you not think he is close enough to playing in the NHL that it matters.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Budish is gone. I would expect Haula to be next and that should be it (I hope). I'm excited about the team that's coming together for next season, good depth and scoring threats up front, stable D, excellent goaltending from Wilcox, stronger senior leadership. I haven't seen what the other B1G teams have coming in yet, but we're comin' in loaded with talent.

Zach Budish agreed to an amateur tryout deal with the Nashville Predators' American Hockey League team, the Milwaukee Admirals. Both players just completed their junior season with the Gophers...."I am very thankful for the opportunity to live out my dream of being a Gopher," Budish said in a statement.

Comment

michigan has a huge class coming in this year as well. they should be equally young and equally talented

Comment

Originally posted by jerryj View Post
            michigan has a huge class coming in this year as well. they should be equally young and equally talented
            As usual, MI has the #1 recruiting class. /USCHO meme
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

As others have stated, it's hard to imagine anyone else other than Haula leaving.
              Rau isn't going anywhere. Neither is Condon. And I strongly disagree that Ambroz is currently better suited to be playing pro hockey. He just isn't quick enough (in terms of decision making) to play at that level. The only way any of those 3 leave is if they really don't want to go to school anymore and are prepared to take a sub-par offer.

Alt is the only one I could see as possibly leaving, and even that seems really unlikely to me. He had a very solid end to the season, and he has the size. But I think he still needs to gain a good deal of comfort and confidence on the puck before Philly comes calling.

Comment

Also, I just have to say, Haula has my vote for team MVP.
                He was the most consistent player on the team, and he was as much of a leader as anyone. Heading into the year I questioned his ability to bring a 2-way and high-energy effort every night, but he proved me wrong.
                He's going to leave the biggest hole to fill for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  Also, I just have to say, Haula has my vote for team MVP.
                  He was the most consistent player on the team, and he was as much of a leader as anyone. Heading into the year I questioned his ability to bring a 2-way and high-energy effort every night, but he proved me wrong.
                  He's going to leave the biggest hole to fill for next season.
                  I don't disagree with much of your post (including the biggest hole to fill due to scoring). But I'd put Haula in a dead heat with Schmidt for MVP.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Let's get ready for B1G time hockey! RAH!

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      Budish is gone. I would expect Haula to be next and that should be it (I hope).
                      Russo tweeted last night that the Wild and Haula are close to signing a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        Let's get ready for B1G time hockey! RAH!

Where is the booing? Every time I watch that video I hear booing!
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Where is the booing? Every time I watch that video I hear booing!
                          Its in your head.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Looking forward to some B1G hockey, it will be nice to renew some of our old rivalries and drop the dead weight from our schedule.

Comment

I have to say, that video almost gave me chills.

I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

If you guys haven't seen this,,
                                http://youtu.be/Ex6s-Ny6YVI
                                Huskys all the way

Comment

Working...
                                X